Sticking Together Until We Are In Diapers Ourselves!

We are the legal owners of one Luca Joseph! Hopefully I won't have to change my ticker for a while (yeah right!) x

Love the name Luca!!!

Can't wait for your numbers Cheryl.

I hope everything is ok Jess.

I have a question. Here's my little stinker.
https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=836997&d=1421353399
So by my LMP, I'm 6w5d, but the doc has on the printout 6w1d. What's that all mean? I don't get how it measured behind. Not worried because he said everything was perfect, but I'm just curious how or why it measures behind.

I measured a week behind at 7 weeks, then right on schedule at 10 weeks, then 3 days behind at 13 weeks. I think that you are safe within a week! Early on the numbers change so much, sometimes you see more growth than others. Doesn't mean anything is wrong with the baby, it's quite normal. Hope this helps, dani!

Cutie love it!!! I don't know much about all of that but I love the scan :)

Love the name! Welcome little Luca!

Cutie- I wouldn't worry too much as baby's don't grow exactly the same. I have also read that early scans aren't as accurate in dating because of the discrepancy. Try not to put too much stress on a few days behind and hopefully baby will be measuring right on at your next scan.

AFM: just having a bad day. One kid asked me why I'm getting so fat and then kept calling me fat all day. They don't know I'm pregnant but there's nothing worse than a 7 year old turd calling you fat to start the day off. The kids went berserk all day and while I was able to avoid any bodily contact, it was still tiring. To top it off I got s call from hr saying that the principal denied having anything available for me to do at the school so did I want to go on an unpaid leave of absence. Basically they need to ask if my position will be held and I need a note about hyperemisis. The question is will they hold the position for a year or fill it and not have a position to go back to next year. The principal is a huge douche and probably won't hold my position. It just sucks.

Dani
At my 11 weeks scan Dr measured me at 10 weeks - used crown to rump length
At my 13 weeks scan Dr measured me at 14 weeks - used the baby's head circumference
I think as your Dr said everything is just perfect. From what I have read and heard the early scans can be off by +- 6 days (behind or ahead). In my first scan baby was moving around a bit and the u/s machine isn't the newest one there is so that in my opinion contributed to measuring behind as well.

Kirsty
I loved all the names you had for him but Luca Joseph is just awesome :D
Congrats again!

Jess
I'm sorry that you have had such a rough day and to top that you now have to struggle with the school about your position. I wish I knew your labour law better, does it say anything about your rights as an pregnant employee being able to return to work?

Our labour law states that if you go on maternity leave or unpaid leave due to medical reasons relating to your pregnancy your position may not be permanently filled. So they cannot "fire" a pregnant lady. If this did happen to me as example I could report the company and chances that I would win the case is pretty much 100%. That means that the company would have to pay out all the annual leave that I have not taken and they would probably pay MINIMUM 6 months salary to me as well in one lump some.

Welcome Luca!:blue:

Sorry for a bad day Jess. Ive been having a bad week myself thanks to circumstances I cant control. All I say to myself is Breathe, i'll get through this day!

Hope for great rise Cheryl!

Dani, its ok to measure behind or ahead. Scans aren't 100% accurate and babies have growth spurts too. I measured 4 days behind in my 1st scan, on schedule the next one and 2 days ahead in another.

Lack of sleep has hit me today. Anybody want to take my baby for the night? No? worth a shot! :haha:

If we lived closer together and I could hand over my boobs, I wouldn't think twice about letting you have him for the night :rofl:

DH is home tomorrow so I'm taking full advantage and plan on sleeping until at least lunch time!

So I got my results back today!

Tuesday, ~13dpo and I think ~4w0d: 485 hCG mIU

Thursday, ~15dpo, ~4w2d: 965 hCG mIU

Yay! I'm going in for one last round on Monday and will hopefully get a scan next week once we hit 2500, which should be about 4 days from now, if everything continues like this

Happy for your numbers!

Thanks for all the advice on measuring. I'm off to tell my mom the news now. Eeeek!

Yay! Good luck cutie - can't wait to hear her reaction

I just wrote a blog about how my sister sort of.. found out today.. ha! Check it out if you're interested - https://baby.themalikfamily.com/beta-testing/

And I've been playing around with some nursery ideas.. do you guys have ideas for yours yet? I'm definitely going with neutral midcentury modern furniture most likely and then some fun accents with color on the walls / accessories / etc

https://baby.themalikfamily.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/lunar-sery.png

https://baby.themalikfamily.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/Screen-Shot-2015-01-16-at-8.21.46-AM.png

Talk about rough days..........it was so bad I can't stop crying. The only good part of the day was the nt scan. Baby is measuring spot on where it should be but wasn't very cooperative. S/he kept rolling so the tech couldn't get a good shot and was so wiggly. We did get the measure,net and the nt fold is 1.47mm, which is apparently really low. Here is baby waving at us

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 5

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g