Sticking Together Until We Are In Diapers Ourselves!

Glad you're feeling better now... Keep cuddling and do nothing else. :haha:

So just got back from the doctor. Had an ultrasound and they saw one (emphasis on one!) little yolk sac right in the middle of my uterus - 3mm! So not ectopic, awesome. There wasnt a heartbeat yet (so early!) and she wouldn't let me get video or pictures.. she is not my favorite u/s tech at all! I was supposed to see my doc but she ran out for a delivery so we just scheduled my first OB and ultrasound for two weeks, so February 5th - a little past 14 days, so DH can come (and I wanted to go to the other office.. away from that troll of an u/s tech!). But she said everything looked perfect and the risk of loss in someone my age, health, with that yolk sac etc is very low.. we wanted to tell my parents this weekend and don't know if I could keep it a secret for another two weeks! What do you guys think we should do?

Aww man, maybe the other sac is hiding! :rofl:

Well, I can't wait for you next appt! Glad baby is right where it should be. :)

I told my mom immediately, told my dad and stepmom at 8 weeks, and announced to the general public at 13 weeks.

Our doc originally suggested we wait til 6 weeks and we can hear the heartbeat.. which would be next week, but I just can't wait a whole extra week! I think we'll tell them this weekend :)

I think it's a very personal decision but there's no reason to withhold the news, if you don't want to. Scream it to the mountain tops lol! I held off until almost 7 weeks because I've had losses. The plan was 12 but I couldn't contain it any longer. Friends will be told at 12/13 and general public around 16.

The way I see it, if you tell some people, they can support you in happiness, or God forbid, sadness. Support is so important throughout this time.

The way I see it, if you tell some people, they can support you in happiness, or God forbid, sadness. Support is so important throughout this time.

Definitely! And it feels good to talk freely to my mom now and not have to hide or avoid talking about it. Also, it was a major boost for our families. I've noticed that they all post these cryptic fb posts about how excited they are for this year lol

That's what I'm thinking.. God forbid anything happened, I would tell her immediately! You know?

Planning our dinner now :D I convinced them I need stop-motion footage for my food agency's website so that will explain the camera on a tripod watching everything.. Hahaha

For a pregnancy health related question, I'm a recipe developer for a big name bottled tea company and I have about three more cocktails to work on for their contract, in the next month. I HAVE to taste them, but would you take sips (and swallow) if they were teeny tiny sips? I feel like I don't get the full taste from a sip and spit but I don't want to harm anything in any way! What would yall do?

Thanks :) that's what I'm thinking. I have to shoot in the morning anyway so I've always just taken the tiniest of sips. Gotta be reasonable, if two micro-sips of a spiked cooler cause any problems, it probably wasn't mean to be in the first place, I feel. Yet I still worry about sleeping on my stomach.. Hahaha

We were going to wait to tell people until we knew the pregnancy was viable, but after many sleepless nights I decided that I would rather people be happy with us while we were pregnant than to find out if we lost the baby after the fact. That being said, my dads side of the family still doesn't know and won't until they get the baby shower invite in a few weeks.

In regards to the cocktail tasting, I would say that a few small sips wouldn't hurt, but if it we're me I would probably just put it in my mouth to taste it and then spit it out. Better safe than sorry.

AFM: I'm getting no help from the union who basically told me to search for, apply for and interview for jobs at other schools if I was so worried about my job next year. At this point I think I'm just screwed out of my job and will not be going back next year. I meet with the principal tomorrow to discuss the start date of my leave and hopefully will have my last day on Friday. I took a pic at 13 weeks (left is 5 weeks)...... No wonder he kids at work keep calling me fat!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 4
I'm definitely going to try to sip 'n spit but we'll see how well that works. It's so important to get the recipe right since it's such a big clients but I too want to be safe!!

Jess that sucks about your job situation :( maybe it's a blessing in disguise. That school doesn't sound like the best place to work, especially for a new mama. Love that beautiful bump too!!

Do any of you remember your early betas around 5w? I dunno how I came across this but I read that high betas can correlate with trisomy?! I think it's just later weeks' betas but dude. Mine at ~5w1d were 5795. Does that seem high??

Admittingly don't know what trisomy is but mine was 5839 early into 5 weeks. All is well as long as your numbers are in range. I don't know much about betas. I'm sure the others know better than me.

Oh phew no cutie that makes me feel way better. That's like exactly what mine were. I'm just a little cray cray about this bean because I feel like is it really possible?! Is this really for us?!

I understand completely! You prayed for this little one and here it is. Remember your body was born to do this.

Cheryl, raises a good point Jess. Sometimes things happen for a reason. I would still fight it until I felt content, but it will work out in the end as it should. Your bump is cute, you're so teeny!

You're so right cutie :) I try to remember this is what my body was made for basically!

By 5 weeks my beta would have probably been in the 12000 range, maybe slightly less.....like 11997. I think yours are probably more on point than mine were though as I was really high this whole time. I understand your concern over the possibility of a chromosome abnormality though and the stress That is related to that. So far everything is progressing so well, I wouldn't worry about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->