Sticking Together Until We Are In Diapers Ourselves!

Cheryl, i forgot to add my last beta. It was 21dpo 5w0d and i only got 3,548.50 miU/ml... Yours is high but not to cause an alarm, mine is considered high as well based on betabase site...

I'm glad you got him settled and sorry that you have cramps again.

Do you think that when your 6 weeks refrain from my vajajay time is up that you might start ttc again or are you still going to wait it out?
You are like seriously fertile though! Conceived 1st cycle trying and then after birth you started ovulating again as well! WOW!

We've actually spoke about doing dtd next weekend because my parents want Luca for the evening.

As for ttc, we're not sure. I've had some trouble bonding with him and don't want to throw myself straight in to another pregnancy that I might not be ready for. DH still wants them to be close in age so we're just going with whatever happens. We used the pull out method for a couple of years and never got pregnant until we started ttc so we'll probably go back to that :)

Hi ladies! It's about 9:30 in the morning here. Was super cold and snowy out while taking my kiddos to school and myself into work. So I got the telling my mom part done and over with! :happydance: It wasn't as terrible as I thought it would be. She wasn't thrilled, but she stayed at my house and her and I got to talk for awhile and then my SO brought my kids home and we all went out to dinner at Olive Garden (I can't wait to dig into my leftovers for lunch today). My mom really included my SO into conversation and it made me feel so much better. She even apologized to him after dinner for being so negative and judgmental and treating him how she did before, congratulated me and hugged us both. I told her we will have to get together more often and told my partner that I will be making sure to call her at least once a week and regularly keep in touch/check on her via text :thumbup: So excited for my 8 week appointment today, even though it will be uneventful I'm anxious to get to my next appointment and hear our baby's heartbeat! And we are going to make our big news public this evening. I'm cooking a pasta dinner and him and I are doing the "We're Prego" photo announcement on Facebook.

Glad to hear how everything went well... Goodluck with your appointment, hopefully they'll get to hear the heartbeat already... Love the FB announcement....

Ooooh Kirsty will be having herself some you fox you :haha: I'm sure you'll know what is best for you and you'll know when to ttc again :hugs:

Ah Mamabunny, I'm so happy the announcement with your mom went well and I hope this baby brings you all so much closer together like it already has started doing! Good luck at your appointment and cannot wait for an update!

Haha! We're both a little excited. Poor DH has been climbing the walls for the past month :haha:

Found this newborn checklist... Have to print it and show DH... At least we'll have a guide once we start shopping.

https://newparent.com/baby/new-baby-checklist

Mamabunny so glad telling your mom went well! Please share your announcement with us here :D

Daphne love that checklist - it is so overwhelming to think about all the stuff you need.. and all the stuff you're told you need but DONT actually need! Have you guys heard of the AmrsReach bassinet? It basically attaches to your bed so you can room-share when you're all sleeping and you can just grab baby in the middle of the night and feed or change diapers without having to get up, go to another room etc. My friend uses one and says she gets SO MUCH sleep now that they have it.

Cutie how did you guys share the news? I know you are big sports fans, as are we, and we got these tiny little baby jerseys for the Memphis Grizzlies (luckily the player they were modeled after got traded at the end of the last season so they were like $5.. hahaha) and we're going to both stand in our jerseys and hold the little one and say "Welcoming the #1 draft pick to Team ______ in September 2015" hahaha. We're such dorks

Glad to hear how everything went well... Goodluck with your appointment, hopefully they'll get to hear the heartbeat already... Love the FB announcement....

They told me no heartbeat at this appointment :nope: I believe they wait until the 12 week appointment because it's likely they might not be able to pick it up on a doppler this early. Coooome on 12 weeks!!!

I think that is a cute way of announcing Cheryl. Here was our FB announcment.

Our surname is Falck which is the afrikaans word for Falcon (the bird). I added the wording to the pic of the baby falcon as we are having a baby falcon (hope it makes sense). It's not very creative but people seemed to have thought it was cute and in our language it really is fitting :)

https://i.imgur.com/K8JNRZe.jpg

Mamybunny you just scared the living bejeebes out of me when I started reading your sentence about no heartbeat :shock: Then a HUGE sigh of relief when I read the rest! 12 weeks will be here before you know it!! :dance:

Whoops! Sorry Wunna! :laugh2: I'm sure my bean is doing OK just won't hear the heartbeat for about another 4 weeks.

They told me no heartbeat at this appointment :nope: I believe they wait until the 12 week appointment because it's likely they might not be able to pick it up on a doppler this early. Coooome on 12 weeks!!!

I think they'll be able to see a fetal pole around 8 weeks (transabdominal) / 6 weeks (transvaginal) scans... Once fetal pole is seen they'll be able to see the heartbeat flutters/flickers.. As to hearing it in the doppler it'll be really hard that early. I saw the flickering heart at our 7w2d scan... FX

mdscpa they won't so a scan either, not until I'm 18-20 weeks and we can determine gender then as well. Guess I'll hafta settle for an in office pregnancy test and a goodie bag of magazines, information and samples :sad1:

Mamabunny that is my pregnancy exactly as well minus the doppler!

I however could not stand having to wait until 20 weeks to actually get confirmtion of a baby being there so I had to pay privately for an early scan.

Now I'm trying to patiently wait until 11 Feb for my 20 week scan and then we will confirm gender if baby plays with.

I feel you hun :hugs:

mdscpa they won't so a scan either, not until I'm 18-20 weeks and we can determine gender then as well. Guess I'll hafta settle for an in office pregnancy test and a goodie bag of magazines, information and samples :sad1:

Too bad they won't do an early scan.... Baby is testing your patience... But it'll definitely be a good surprise when you finally can see the baby the first time... But it's really gonna be a looooonggggg wait....

I'm so impatient but also want to enjoy every single minute of being pregnant. I'm going to ask the nurse at my appointment today about additional scans. Depending on cost, I might just pay for an extra :winkwink:

I hope you can fit it into your budget! I had one at 11 weeks and could see baby moving which was awesome and so reassuring that my miracle was doing just great!

Keep us posted :D

Just got home after my 8 week appointment. Nothing exciting to report other than I've gained 6 pounds at least and they drew blood :sad2: I hate needles!

My next appointment is in 2 weeks on February 4th! :happydance: I'll get to hear my baby!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->