Sticky Bean Dream Team Lounge

ohhhhh just worked out that if I get a BFP this month I will be testing on our anniversary and due 2 days before my birthday, surely those are wonderful omens!

If DH and I succeed this month we will have an anniversary BFP too :)
As for birthdays it would be born in July, and my birthday is in August, so early bday present for me!

If we get a BFP this month we will have our lil one on or near our one year! :)so good luck ladies!

If we get BFP'S this month, I won't got back to teaching in a traditional setting next year and I'll just teach online :) I never thought I'd want to stay home, but the idea that I can work and take care of my family is an amazing prospect.

Still so excited to hear about everyone's BFP's! gl to everyone :)

Whew, I am so happy to know I am not the only one that thought working out would damage an egg the size of the tip of a pin!! LOL!!!:haha:

This is my first month taking my BBT and finally got the crosshairs that said I ovulated on CD14.
https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/3f816f

Cant wait to see how many BFPs we get this month! :winkwink:

R22- It looks like you bd'd right at the right times!!! WOOHOOO!!! :happydance:

Ashntony- I'd love to help you with temping. It's tedious! but I've learned so much about my body in the 2 1/2 years I've been temping.. and i'm kind of obsessed about it.. Hubz just laughs when he sees me with the thermometer in my mouth.. lol I get up and walk to the bathroom and he'll come in there and see me sitting there with the thermometer in my mouth and just call me a goof. lol

I feel so blessed to have someone who's on the same level as me ttc. My first marriage soo wasn't like that.. But I told you ladies that already. Adam though.. he'll lay in bed next to me and hold my legs up for me for 20 minutes lol..

Ladies.. we were talking about the wedding last night! I don't even know how to start planning for this one.. but I'm not going to start until we buy the ring. and I can't really tell what he's wanting to do on that subject.. Buy it in full.. or finance it.. We could go in there right now and swipe the Kays card.. and our payment wouldn't change.. ??? but he says we need to pay off other stuff first..
So what does he do on Monday...? he goes out and spends $1600 on a new wood stove for the house.. grr.. we need it.. because i'm sick of hauling wood inside to heat the house.. it's a mess.. so this one .. goes outside and hooks up to our furnace vents.. and heats the whole house at once.. vs.. the heat just staying in one room..

But that $$ could have gone towards what I wanted to buy :p (sigh) idk what hes up too.. ima tell him to stop talking to me about it because it gets me too excited lol..

ok rant over.. bleh.

oh ya.. check out my temps.. i had a temp dip yesterday.. and today it's back up!!! EEK.. keeping my fingers crossed.. but not too tight so i don't lose hope!

Haha oh loves!...men hey! What does a temp dip mean? Is it a good sign for pregnancy?
So I had my first positive opk yesterday morning and then again this morning...however I've just got home from work and done another and its negative. So does this mean I ovulated some time today or I still could be? Considering its 6pm here so there was 12 hours between tests.. We dtd last nite and will again tonite im just trying to understand it all better :)
11 days til af..hopefully my dream bean will stick in time!
Baby dust to all...and hoping for a very happy anniversary for you ashntony and americona!!

Ashntony- I'd love to help you with temping. It's tedious! but I've learned so much about my body in the 2 1/2 years I've been temping.. and i'm kind of obsessed about it.. Hubz just laughs when he sees me with the thermometer in my mouth.. lol I get up and walk to the bathroom and he'll come in there and see me sitting there with the thermometer in my mouth and just call me a goof. lol

I feel so blessed to have someone who's on the same level as me ttc. My first marriage soo wasn't like that.. But I told you ladies that already. Adam though.. he'll lay in bed next to me and hold my legs up for me for 20 minutes lol..

Ladies.. we were talking about the wedding last night! I don't even know how to start planning for this one.. but I'm not going to start until we buy the ring. and I can't really tell what he's wanting to do on that subject.. Buy it in full.. or finance it.. We could go in there right now and swipe the Kays card.. and our payment wouldn't change.. ??? but he says we need to pay off other stuff first..
So what does he do on Monday...? he goes out and spends $1600 on a new wood stove for the house.. grr.. we need it.. because i'm sick of hauling wood inside to heat the house.. it's a mess.. so this one .. goes outside and hooks up to our furnace vents.. and heats the whole house at once.. vs.. the heat just staying in one room..

But that $$ could have gone towards what I wanted to buy :p (sigh) idk what hes up too.. ima tell him to stop talking to me about it because it gets me too excited lol..

ok rant over.. bleh.
I no exactly what you mean! Men can be so stubborn!!!

And how exactly do I temp I no its in the am but what does it all mean?

Haha oh loves!...men hey! What does a temp dip mean? Is it a good sign for pregnancy?
So I had my first positive opk yesterday morning and then again this morning...however I've just got home from work and done another and its negative. So does this mean I ovulated some time today or I still could be? Considering its 6pm here so there was 12 hours between tests.. We dtd last nite and will again tonite im just trying to understand it all better :)
Baby dust to all...and hoping for a very happy anniversary for you ashntony and americona!!

Miss May, once you test + on an OPK you could ovulate 12-36 hours later(I've read). So you could ovulate today or it could have been yesterday. If you want to follow the SMEP you should have sex for 3 days in a row once you get that +OPK. (Someone correct me if I'm wrong). Good luck sweetie!

Ok thank you R22! This also what I read...just want to make extra sure so we can maximise our chances :)

I will be testing on October 26th. Add me to the list!

Thank You! We aren't doing anything too special since I have a full day of classes that day. Just a nice dinner, and hopefully a BFP *FXFXFX*

I agree with what was said before about Oing 12-36 hrs after a + OPK. That is what I have read as well. I am on CD11 waiting to have to pee so I can take my OPK lol

Hey girlies sorry i been MIA today in court all.day then building furniture then.my hubbies.nanas 80th birthday party! Phew!

Thanks loves for.the links to the opks! You.are a star!

Miss May i totally know.what you mean with opks didnt know.when.fertile and fow how long after smiley! Think i need to get good at all this fast! ;-)

Wedding planning loves....good luck.with men! We are just moving into.our new house and.we.dont have curtains but we have an HD tv!! Rationale! ;-)

Happy anniversary ashntony and americona!! Really hoping for lovely bfps for your guys this month!

i dont think i can say at all.when.i should test this.month as af 5 days early.last month....maybe.i should.just.wait till.af comes.but would.love to know.what to do .......any ideas on.how to decide when?

Ashntony- If you go to Fertilityfriend theres a bunch of information on there about it and how to.. but heres the Readers Digest Version.

Temping your Basal Body Temperature (bbt) is the most accurate way to confirm Ovulation. Temping does NOT tell you when you're going to Ovulate.. It confirms it based on your temperatures rising and staying elevated for at least 3 days.

By Using OPKs, Following your cervical fluid and position signs, physical signs like cramping (mittleschmirtz) and temping you can learn to tell when you're about to ovulate and Use your temperatures to confirm that O has happened.

First- Go buy a digital thermometer. They have BBT thermometers which will measure to the tenth of a degree (98.69) Vs. a regular thermometer that reads 98.6. I personally just use a basic digital thermometer, and it works fine for me..

Second- Go to fertilityfriend.com and join (its free) so you can start marking your temps down on their chart. Take some time to navigate and explore the site so you know where to go to enter your temperatures.
Third-Start temping... It's best to start at the beginning of a cycle so you have a whole months worth of data to look at.. but if you choose to start mid cycle, do not expect it to confirm Ovulation.

- Take your temperature at the same time each morning (it's ok if you dont.. but if you take your temperature every day at 7am and ur temperature is usually 97.9.. but you don't take it till 9 am the next day your temperature might be 98.4... and when you chart that in fertilityfriend (FF) it's going to show a HUGE INCREASE in temperature and freak you out thinking you've already ovulated or if you've already o'd and see another temp rise.. you think you're starting to go Triphasic (pregnant).
so it's ok if it's not at the same time, you just need to record what time exactly you took that days temp so you can click the "discard" button later if you choose to

discarding temps- is a button you can click that still logs the information but will hide that "dot" where that days temp goes so you don't see the unnecessary temp spike.

The first half of your cycle- your temps are lower. Thats because your body is producing estrogen (the cold hormone).

Ovulation marks the start of the second half of your cycle. You can differentiate between the two because immediately After O occurs your temperature rises at least .4 degrees higher than your pre-o temps. (thats a general number every woman is different.)

- as Ovulation approaches your body produces this SURGE of hormones that "TRIGGER" Ovulation. It's Called the LH (Lueteninzing Hormone). This LH SURGE is what gives you a POSITIVE OPK. after that surge your body is producing a lot more estrogen which is needed to make your egg pop out of your follicle and start the Ovulation process.

After a Positive OPK your body can ovulate any time after that. I say "any" time because your egg can pop out and be viable 12 to 24 hrs.. I've seen people say ovulation didn't occur until 3 days after the positive opk.. it just depends on your body.
Sometimes you can have a LH surge and you'll see the EWCM (fertile cm) and think you're about to ovulate.. and dont.. that's why temping is great because it tells you (post factor) that you have indeed actually ovulated because your temp goes up and stay up.

After your body has the LH surge and you ovulate, your egg is now viable for up to 24 hrs generally. Thats why it's recommended to BD before during and After ovulation. So You have some sperm there waiting.. freshly delivered.. and that last chance in case your egg is still viable.

The reason why your temp rises-After Ovulation your body starts producing Progesterone (the warm Hormone) this hormone is what makes your temp rise. After Ovulation.. your temp immediately rises.. and stays higher until the end of your cycle where it will do either one of three things..
-it will start to drop (indicating that your body is producing less progesterone meaning af is on the way)
-it will stay high and you'll miss AF and be Pregnant.. (it takes 18 days of HIGH TEMPS TO CONFIRM PREGNANCY VIA TEMPS.
-OR it will in fact rise higher, showing a second rise in temps. Giving you a Triphasic chart which means your body is producing LOTS OF PROGESTERONE TO house this new baby youre cooking.

So if youre taking your temp every day and charting it in fertility friend.. It gives you a line graph with your daily temps connected with lines.. once your temp rose.. and stays elevated for 3 days. Fertility friend will then Confirm that O was the day before your temp rise.

You can not tell if you've O'd by just one higher than normal temp. It takes 3 days of elevated temps to confirm O. BECAUSE>.. you could be at 96.8 and then the next day be at 97.2.. and see a rise and think you've already O'd.. because the next day after that it might go down to 96.8 again..

That's why when trying to figure out when O will happen.. it's best to use the other methods.. Cervical position.. cm.. Ovulation cramps.. and then TIE the signs together and CONFIRM it with Temping. It takes a full cycle or two to really understand it all.

Example: Look at my chart.
My usual PRE-Ovulation temp is on average 96.8.
After I O My temp rises to about 97.9.

To determine O.. I not only temp.. but I keep check of my cervical fluid.. as it gets more watery I know that I'm coming in to my fertile phase.. and when (if) I see EWCM (the most fertile CM) I know that its going to be pretty soon (a day or 3 that I'll ovulate)

BUT- Last cycle.. I had ewcm.. and didn't Ovulate at all. It was my yearly annovulatory cycle that I noticed now I seem to have about once a year. and that is normal.. sometimes your body skips a cycle.. Thats usually related to PCOS or Endometriosis... For me.. I have pcos.. so my body used to not regularly Ovulate. I lost weight and it started to.. It has something to do with hormones.. I know all about it.. but that's a whole other book for me to type lol..

anyways.. this is it so far.. if you have any questions Ask away :)

Twinkle- I would test with me :) :)

Happy Anniversary Ladies!!! OH what a great gift it would be to announce a BFP to your hubz on your special day!!

AFM- Horrible NIPPLE PAIN CAME BACK!!!

Just standing there talking to hubz and OUCH. . . My left one started aching!! Its not stinging or burning actually.. it just feels like it! RAW is maybe the best way I can explain it.. like really bad! GRR!! Well it lasted a couple minutes then went away. The soreness has never gone away since monday.. just that severe pain just comes and goes! It was doing it again this morning too. idk GRR!

Thanks Loves! If I don't get a BFP this month I plan on temping nest month!

Well good luck hun :thumbup: I'm praying you get a BFP and dont have to worry about it! Lol

Hello my Ladies,

Hope all is well. Good luck with ur upcoming testing...fingers crosssed for :bfp:
:dust: :dust:

Lovesmylovey- THANK YOU! Great information! I planned on starting to temp this month, but then there was a vacation and me being sick, and I always FORGET to do it in the morning :( So maybe if I don't get my BFP I will try again next month. I find it so hard to remember to do it in the morning, and by the time I remember I have already gotten up and been up for awhile, so I assume it wouldnt be accurate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->