Sticky Bean Dream Team Lounge

Hello ladies! I'm so excited for all of you testing soon, anniversaries, wedding planning! Such great news! no AF, blood test next week. :/

Hi ladies..im a little confused. I went to the doctors this evening about the fact an opk stated I ovulated on day 20 of a 30 day cycle and the doctor stated that because I am young and healthy and have a regular cycle the opks are probs wrong and I probably ovulated on day 16 like I was supposed to.
She was very reassuring and believed I would get pregnant if we stuck to what we were doing however she had no reason for the false positive opk.
What do you ladies think? Do U think i could have a short luteal phase or that the doc is right? Hmmmmm.....

May I have no idea. Can you tell if you O'd yet? I don't think you can get a second surge if you've already O'd. So I don't think she's right on that if you're still having + OPKs..

and opks dont tell you you've ovulated.. it's just saying that your body is getting ready to.. so if today is cd 20 and you just got another pos opk.. it'll be soon that you ovulate.. only temping and cervical position checks can verify that O happened like the OPK predicted... :shrug:

have you always had a short luteal phase?

8dpo today.. Nips still having stinging bouts at times.. :shrug: did have something going on down in the lower ab area today around 11am.. tummy feels kind of tight.. That's it..

af should be here in 6 days............. so it's a waiting game.. I want to start testing :dohh:

Oh and my actual breasts aren't sore and swollen like normal.. its just the nips AGH! what the heck is going on?!

May I have no idea. Can you tell if you O'd yet? I don't think you can get a second surge if you've already O'd. So I don't think she's right on that if you're still having + OPKs..

and opks dont tell you you've ovulated.. it's just saying that your body is getting ready to.. so if today is cd 20 and you just got another pos opk.. it'll be soon that you ovulate.. only temping and cervical position checks can verify that O happened like the OPK predicted... :shrug:

have you always had a short luteal phase?

I haven't ever noticed as I've only just started using opks
I got a positive on Tues and weds morning so im guessing I ovulated yesterday according to those but according to the doctor they aren't that accurate and dont work for everyone so I dont no
I've read somewhere that doctors in the UK dont really believe in the short luteal phase theory like American doctors do. She believes I have a normal cycle and there's nothing to worry about but grrr I don't no :/
Things R looking good for you loves woop woop!

that is weird.. because hormones are hormones.. maybe shes just weird lol.
well all thats left to do is keep :sex: and start testing soon love!

Yeah that's what I thought..if there is a problem I dont want it to just be shrugged off whilst each cycle just passes me by
I have an appointment with a family planning nurse on Monday so ill discuss it more with her
Thanks for the advice loves..you really are the agony aunt of this thread hehe x

Sorry I guess its a British thing then...its just a saying for someone full of advice, a shoulder to cry on lol
It is a good thing..u know all there is to know about ttc which is good for us dummies :)

lol well thank you. I don't know enough to get myself pregnant.. but TTC for almost 3 years makes for lots of time for research lol

I am.so so with miss May you are fabulous.loves fountain of knowledge!! Miss May i am with loves on this she (doc) cant just discount the 99.98 % accurate tests we Will work.out our lps together if it turns out we have.them!! If it takes.b6 and ignoring gps we can do it!!

Symptoms sound.good loves i have NADA signs! But just so happy to chat to you girlies!! Xx

thank you.. I haaaaaatttteeeeeeee waiting!! 8DPO is just soo boring!! Should I test tomorrow?? I only have one test.. and I tried to buy it hurringly at the store since I was with FMIL (future mother-in-law) I didn't look at it when i bought it, because they only had 2 kinds at that store.. EPT ($17) or generic ($7) so I got the cheaper one.. looked at it at home and it only came with one test! Sheesh.. I could have bought 7 of them at the $ store :(

HAHAHA I just tooted really loud (unlike me) and hubz just did the double take :haha: oops..

Come on loves we can hold.out together!! I am.bursting to test asap but think this is good that we can try anf keeo eachother going as long as poss!!

I just have a wee feeling about this thread this.month! Good.baby dust vibes!! How many days left??!? Killin me here!! ;-) xxx

its 6 days till af is supposed to be here! I'm on vacation though.. BAHHHH it's hard to think about anything else..

just to keep busy I went over and started shampooing my grandmas carpets while she's gone. :shrug: theres nothing else I want to do. Maybe I should paint something.. between his mom and I theres tons of projects to do. She and I love to go garage saling and thrift store shopping for antiques or decorations that can be antiqued. She has a booth at the antique store so its a little hobby to make money on the side...

:dohh: what to do what to do...

hubz was happy because he came home to a clean house and dinner tonight so i am attempting to keep busy lol. I need to tackle my sock basket now tho.. sheesh I never wanted to be a person that had a SOCK BASKET! We had one when I was growing up.. and between 8 people there was a lot of socks.. and a big pain in the ass. I hated it when my mom would tell me to go "match the sock basket"

mine is only half full right now.. :dohh: im just too lazy to go over and beyond on anything.. I need a good burst of energy!

Loves...Ur symptoms sounds promising. Good luck to u my love.

This thread is by far the best ever. I love that u ladies take time out of ur busy days just to check in. And very regularly might i add. There are a lot of ladies out there that feel like there is no one they can talk to about this topic. And here we all are trying to do the same thing. I couldn't ask for a better group of people to share this journey with.
:dust: :dust: :dust:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"