Still looking for our May Flowers...

Thanks ladies! You all are wonderful!! I cant really talk about this to any of my friends. They always put in their two sense about our TTC journey and I cant handle that on top of how I am feeling. Virtually none of my friends had trouble TTC. They all just fell pregnant very soon so they all want to tell me what I "need" to do to get pregnant. So talking with you ladies makes me feel so much better!

Suzy You did make me laugh! We are like identical cycle buddies too! The crazy thing is I have ALWAYS had a feeling that I would have difficulty getting pregnant even as a teenager. Call it intuition or what you will but deep down I have always felt like something was off.

Allison I was going to start it but wanted to wait to give my body some time to heal after surgery. Then I waited to start taking it because I was drinking the tea. But stopped that because I thought maybe that was what was making AF not show. Then I didn't want to take it while taking the medication to make me start. So I thought I will just wait until CD1 then start but now I don't know :wacko:

Erin I hate that they didn't run labs too! But that cycle I got my period super super early on CD28. So exactly 14 days after I triggered. So I thought that was a good sign. But now I am wondering if I didn't because I had not temp rise like you. Next cycle I requested that they do labs to make sure I O. No I didn't take it this cycle because of my surgery. So waiting for CD1 to start again.

Sara I love the tudors! I stopped watching it after a few seasons though because Ann died. I knew it was coming of course but just wasn't that into after that. I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your mom. They say it gets easier with time but I believe that some loss never get easier. And I feel the same about feeling the loss of not being a mother yet. It really sucks failed cycle after failed cycle. I really thought I would be pregnant by now after seeing the RE but nope. :dohh: One day our journey will be over though. And I hope it is soon for us :)

Saw this on FB...

Attachments

• 10309575_10203289434533074_540495386786802413_n.jpg
    10309575_10203289434533074_540495386786802413_n.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 2
Ah, I think I'm getting my memory back Michelle... was this a completely unmonitored cycle for you? It wasn't just the labs to confirm O, but you didn't have the day3 or day10 u/s either, right? I'm thinking now, its possible that your follies just weren't ready when you triggered. I noticed you O'd on cd20 a few months back, so if you are sometimes a late ovulater even on Femara, then maybe the follies needed more time to mature this cycle too...? I'm only guessing, but it sorta makes sense. I read somewhere that if a woman triggers before the follies are mature, it could cause the follie to just hang onto the egg. Maybe that's why you didn't O even with the trigger. Plus, having just had surgery, maybe your body was going to take a break for a few weeks anyway. Lots of explanations for it, I think. Sorry that you dealt with that this cycle. :( I know that must've been frustrating. But I feel sure that you will be ready again after AF comes. Are you going to go ahead and take the provera to get AF started, or just wait for it to come?

beaglemom, that thing you posted is hilarious. And SO true. I had a friend get pregnant accidentally while on BCP. She took it religiously too, same time every single day. Easy for her to say "just relax, and I promise it will happen". Well, if I were to "stop trying" or "just relax", I may never get pregnant at all, so some of those people should really reconsider what they're saying to their friends, lol.

Sarah, I'm sorry you're having such a hard time with Mother's Day. :hugs: I know that must've been SO hard losing your mom in high school, especially if you two were close. I have a very close-knit family, so I can only begin to imagine the pain of that. But I'd say by next year at this time, you will either have a little bundle in your arms, or you'll be carrying one in your belly, so Mother's Day will take on a whole new meaning for you then.:flower:

Sarah, I'm so sorry you're feeling down. That must be really hard. We're always here for you. : (

And Michelle, and to anyone else who has considered fertilaid/fertilitea. I just got a message from the first person I ever talked to on this forum who was taking the clomid/ovidrel combo also. Didn't work for her, and 2 months drinking fertilitea she got her BFP. It worked for me and for her, so don't give up ladies! It definitely does something! : )

Erin the trigger was done with my second IUI. I temped off and on and it always stayed at 97.whatever. I was monitored that cycle too. But no labs like I said. It made me nervous so I asked for them to run labs this cycle but haven't started yet.

Erin the trigger was done with my second IUI. I temped off and on and it always stayed at 97.whatever. I was monitored that cycle too. But no labs like I said. It made me nervous so I asked for them to run labs this cycle but haven't started yet.

Ah, I gotcha! Sorry for the confusion... I thought you were talking about your current chart! I'm so scatter-brained lately. And I must've gotten you confused with someone too, because I thought there was someone on this thread who was triggering unmonitored this cycle. Well, I'm glad they'll be doing labs for you next time. If you're at all concerned that you didn't O, it's good you said something, since IUI costs money, and all the different appointments you have to show up for. Btw, I hope you're feeling much, much better since the surgery! :flower:

Erin I am feeling much better. But recently I have been having pains in my right ovary. Not sure if it's from surgery or maybe a cyst. Guess I will see when I go for my ultra sound. Did you test yet? Or when do you plan on testing?

I love this post and wanted to share. The baby we are dreaming is growing in our hearts each and everyday❤️
image.jpg

Mother nature can be a cruel vixen. AF still hasn’t arrived but I’ve been having serious symptoms for days now! Those when you know AF is coming today or tomorrow. I know what you all are going to say and yes I tested. But it wasn’t FMU. I tested yesterday with my 2nd MU. But now I’m also concerned about the reliability of these tests. I’m using One Step pregnancy tests (cheapies). Anyone here have any experience with them? Anyway, I bought them on Amazon and checked out the customer reviews (after buying them, good decision). And a lot of people were complaining. The OPK’s from One Step work just fine. Those are the ones I use and they have great reviews. But the pregnancy tests from the same brand got terrible reviews. So now I’m left wondering… I really thought AF would appear on Saturday. When it didn’t I thought ok… Sunday then. Because I have a lot of cramps. And I’m very sensitive and moody. And still nothing. I think the only thing to do, if AF doesn’t arrive in the meantime, is test with my FMU tomorrow morning. And I would appreciate it if you guys could give some advice on which cheap pregnancy tests to buy. I won’t be buying One Step anymore.
Ah, and I forgot to tell you: I never got a definite positive opk this cycle. Just a doubtful one. And it coincided with the cramps and twinges I get when I ovulate. This was on April 27th. So I would be 15 or 16 DPO now. Which is a bit long for an LP isn’t it? I’m just so confused right now. I was so prepared for AF and now I don’t know. Or maybe I just didn’t ovulate and then AF can take a while longer to arrive? But why the cramps? And the need for chocolate I had last Thursday?

How is everyone today? It’s very quiet here…
:dust:

Mother nature can be a cruel vixen. AF still hasn’t arrived but I’ve been having serious symptoms for days now! Those when you know AF is coming today or tomorrow. I know what you all are going to say and yes I tested. But it wasn’t FMU. I tested yesterday with my 2nd MU. But now I’m also concerned about the reliability of these tests. I’m using One Step pregnancy tests (cheapies). Anyone here have any experience with them? Anyway, I bought them on Amazon and checked out the customer reviews (after buying them, good decision). And a lot of people were complaining. The OPK’s from One Step work just fine. Those are the ones I use and they have great reviews. But the pregnancy tests from the same brand got terrible reviews. So now I’m left wondering… I really thought AF would appear on Saturday. When it didn’t I thought ok… Sunday then. Because I have a lot of cramps. And I’m very sensitive and moody. And still nothing. I think the only thing to do, if AF doesn’t arrive in the meantime, is test with my FMU tomorrow morning. And I would appreciate it if you guys could give some advice on which cheap pregnancy tests to buy. I won’t be buying One Step anymore.
Ah, and I forgot to tell you: I never got a definite positive opk this cycle. Just a doubtful one. And it coincided with the cramps and twinges I get when I ovulate. This was on April 27th. So I would be 15 or 16 DPO now. Which is a bit long for an LP isn’t it? I’m just so confused right now. I was so prepared for AF and now I don’t know. Or maybe I just didn’t ovulate and then AF can take a while longer to arrive? But why the cramps? And the need for chocolate I had last Thursday?

How is everyone today? It’s very quiet here…
:dust:

Let's hope this is a good thing. I buy the wondfo on Amazon. I can't say if they are good or bad...I did get positives when testing out my trigger. A lot of people buy those & say good things. I also hear good things about the dollar tree tests. I think I have seen people buy Target tests they like. 16 dpo is a long lp...I would have long lps when on clomid. But without, they were normally 14 days.

Good luck testing. You may want to consider a first response test.

I plan to start testing on Wed...I will be 10 dpo then...I know the trigger is gone, so I feel confident in starting the testing. My husband is convinced this is it. I really hope so. I am trying not to be negative. But we had a really positive IUI experience. I also had some cramping on 5 or 6 dpo for about 2 days. Hoping that was implantation.

FutureBabyG - it looks like you did Ovulate. Yay to that! And best wishes to your grandmother and a speedy recovery!

Michelle - have you been back to the doctor's after your surgery? I know you said your nurse wanted to give you provera to start your period but did you actually get to see a doctor? Maybe a doctor can provide some answers for you.

Suzy - I'm sorry your cycle has been wacky as well. I too have a small waist and a giant hip, and NO BOOBS! - definitely a pear! I don't have any experience with that particular brand of pregnancy test but I've been using the $0.88 tests from Walmart and they seem to work pretty well.

Sarah - it must have been really hard for you to lose your mother in high school. I can't begin to imagine what it would be like. I know the passing of time helps, but you never truly recover from the loss of a loved one, especially your mother.

Erin & beaglemom - can't wait for your BFP's!! and thanks Erin on sharing your experience with Progesterone. As you can see, my temps have sky-rocketed after I started taking it (I'm on 100mg suppositories twice a day).

I had a great trip with my parents to DC this weekend. It rained for a little bit on Saturday but it wasn't pouring rain. We had dinner with my in-laws and the restaurant was jam-packed. I made a reservation for 7:30 and we still had to wait till 8 PM to get seated. Service was pretty slow too but that's kind of to be expected for Mother's Day weekend. The progesterone supplements are really working - my temps went through the roof! I think I'll start testing on Thursday when I'm only 9 DPO because I'll be travelling for work next week so if I get a positive I can go in for betas both Thursday and Friday (to have something to compare to) before I leave town.

I really enjoy talking to you girls in our little group. I hope we all get our BFP's together so we can be bump buddies too!!

Just turned 38. Almost had myself convinced I was pregnant this cycle, but sadly, round 1 of IUI with 50mg Clomid has failed. AF showed up yesterday morning.

DH has no problems. The only issue they found with me was scarring on the opening of my cervix due to a chryo procedure in my early 20's. Doctor seemed very confident this would work. We're now at 10 months TTC #1. I know I'm being impatient, but this sucks! :growlmad:

I saw some posts that said Clomid is supposed to help you ovulate sooner, but mine was on CD 17 this past cycle. Luteal phase was only 11 days long. I have a call into the fertility clinic to see what this cycle's game plan is going to be. I should ovulate around May 24th, so I'll be testing in June. Good luck to all the ladies who have yet to test this month, and fingers crossed for all of us who are now onto June looking for our BFP.

Just turned 38. Almost had myself convinced I was pregnant this cycle, but sadly, round 1 of IUI with 50mg Clomid has failed. AF showed up yesterday morning.

DH has no problems. The only issue they found with me was scarring on the opening of my cervix due to a chryo procedure in my early 20's. Doctor seemed very confident this would work. We're now at 10 months TTC #1. I know I'm being impatient, but this sucks! :growlmad:

I saw some posts that said Clomid is supposed to help you ovulate sooner, but mine was on CD 17 this past cycle. Luteal phase was only 11 days long. I have a call into the fertility clinic to see what this cycle's game plan is going to be. I should ovulate around May 24th, so I'll be testing in June. Good luck to all the ladies who have yet to test this month, and fingers crossed for all of us who are now onto June looking for our BFP.

I think clomid does different things for different people. For me, it did make me O later (around CD 17), but I would end up with a 14-18 lp.

I would not be TOO concerned about an 11 day lp...that is not horrible.

Hopefully you get some answers & a good game plan for next cycle.

Hi ladies!
Hope you all had a good weekend!
Really excited for some of you to start testing. I like positive test results on the threads that I personally am on. It's so motivating and makes me just feel positive when I see it. Lol
As for me...my baseline scan was just like I thought it would be. Gross and uncomfortable. A few cysts on my left ovary so this month I will start birth control to calm all of that down in my body! I have an ultra sound on the 27th to check it out again and if all is "quiet in there" I will get my period and start clomid on day 5! So that's in exactly one month. Which puts me at insemination June 20th or so. I really hope this works. The doctor was so impressed with DHs sperm increase. He has been working his hardest to get it up. It's amazing what increasing his testosterone levels did. Clomid plus lifting heavy weights and taking a million vitamins quadrupled his count! Motility and all! DH is actually a couple million away from normal sperm count to getting me pregnant naturally! He bought me some new workout clothes at Lululemon yesterday (my fav!) so I will be using this next month or so to start back up with barre classes. I'm more motivated than ever to tighten up before I get knocked up! Lol
I stopped doing opks and started fish oil, more frolic acid and vitamin D. Fish oil is supposed to help with inflammation which is a lot of what "unexplained fertility" is according to my doc. So I will continue with the heparin injections and the other 3 meds I have to take daily and add in the birth control vaginally. Doesn't that sound fun? More pills I can put up there. He said it gets absorbed best and really cuts down on side effects. I have to believe him though because the pills I take for my high prolactin problem go up there and I'm fine. But, when I'm on my period I take them orally and I get the worst headaches I've ever had. Every single night for 5 days. Yuck! Hopefully the next 30 days fly by!
Does anybody get an ultra sound every couple of days to check follicle growth? Or do you just take a trigger shot and go in hoping for the best?

I had the baseline u/s then another on CD 10 followed by the trigger that night. I guess if I was not ready on CD 10, I would have had to come back the next day or day after. I had one mature follicle at 18 mm. No idea about how big the others were.

I think I am going to break down & buy frer pack to start testing with. It is so stupid, but I just can't stand waiting anymore!

FRER two packs are on sale for $10.99 at Rite Aid. There is a $2 off coupon on First Response' website here - https://coupons2.smartsource.com/smartsource/index.jsp?Link=U6VIWHVNQQJQ4. And you get $3 +UP back (good on your future purchases valid starting the next day and good for two weeks) so $5.99 for a 2 pack. Sounds pretty good to me! :)

FRER two packs are on sale for $10.99 at Rite Aid. There is a $2 off coupon on First Response' website here - https://coupons2.smartsource.com/smartsource/index.jsp?Link=U6VIWHVNQQJQ4. And you get $3 +UP back (good on your future purchases valid starting the next day and good for two weeks) so $5.99 for a 2 pack. Sounds pretty good to me! :)

Thanks for the coupon! I had checked the websites already, so I knew I was headed to Rite Aid. Is it a sign that they are on sale at the drug store right around the corner? ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->