Still looking for our May Flowers...

Yes girls, I am getting SO anxious!!! I was so much calmer about this when I knew the trigger was still in my system, because I knew there was nothing I could do! Now that its been out for a couple of days, I can hardly stand it, and I already know I'm not going to wait 14dpiui. I bought some FRERs at Target yesterday, so that I could have them ready for next week, and I ended up deciding that I wanted to make sure the FRER wasn't still showing the trigger as well (I had only used ICs up to that point because I didnt want to waste expensive ones), so I used one late yesterday. I held my pee for about 7 hours (I have a super strong bladder, lol). Its not showing up on that either, so I'm seriously considering testing again in 2-3 days (11-12 dpiui). I know I shouldn't. But a girl in my 35+ thread recently got her BFP at 10dpo, so when I read stories like that, it takes away my restraint all over again! This is definitely a tougher TWW than what I've had in a really long time.

Yes girls, I am getting SO anxious!!! I was so much calmer about this when I knew the trigger was still in my system, because I knew there was nothing I could do! Now that its been out for a couple of days, I can hardly stand it, and I already know I'm not going to wait 14dpiui. I bought some FRERs at Target yesterday, so that I could have them ready for next week, and I ended up deciding that I wanted to make sure the FRER wasn't still showing the trigger as well (I had only used ICs up to that point because I didnt want to waste expensive ones), so I used one late yesterday. I held my pee for about 7 hours (I have a super strong bladder, lol). Its not showing up on that either, so I'm seriously considering testing again in 2-3 days (11-12 dpiui). I know I shouldn't. But a girl in my 35+ thread recently got her BFP at 10dpo, so when I read stories like that, it takes away my restraint all over again! This is definitely a tougher TWW than what I've had in a really long time.

I am with you on that...I kind of wish it took longer for my trigger to leave...now I am just stuck early on waiting...I still have a lot of the wondfo tests, so I think I will just continue every few days. I don't plan to use an expensive test unless I get a second line on the cheapo.

Oh & about the cm question you had, I checked closer & I think mine is creamy. But then again, I am also using the P suppositories...so it could be that.

FBG, I see your temp stayed up pretty good this morning! If its up in that range tomorrow, I bet FF will go ahead and give you CHs, and I would guess it will set your coverline at 97.2. So as far as I'm concerned, you are in the TWW right along with us!

Floridasian, your temps are looking good too!

savvy, how are you doing today?

Misaacs and Suzy, haven't heard from you girls in a few days? Hope all is okay.

Wantaminime, how was your party?

beaglemom, I just recalled a post that you made several days ago (maybe longer) about Tylenol, that I meant to comment on! Girl, I feel totally the same way about that dang drug! It really does NOTHING for me, and my RE said that is ALL I can take. She said during AF was fine, but after that, she said to stay away from any kind of anti-inflammatory (Ibuprofen, Aleve, aspirin, etc.). She said obviously when we O, the ovaries are sort of "inflamed" because those follicles are growing, and one or two will burst. Anti-inflammatories can actually prevent that from happening sometimes, and delay O. I was SOOO uncomfortable when I O'd this cycle, and I was dying to take Ibuprofen because I knew it would help! (and obviously it helps for a reason!) I couldn't take anything but Tylenol, which really didn't help at all. It was funny when I read your post, because I had been thinking the same things as you, and it was as if I had typed that whole post myself, haha! One of the nurses even said that ibuprofen "could" potentially (along with many other OTC meds) prevent the sperm from binding to the egg.

I am with you on that...I kind of wish it took longer for my trigger to leave...now I am just stuck early on waiting...I still have a lot of the wondfo tests, so I think I will just continue every few days. I don't plan to use an expensive test unless I get a second line on the cheapo.

Oh & about the cm question you had, I checked closer & I think mine is creamy. But then again, I am also using the P suppositories...so it could be that.

Funny you say that about wishing the trigger shot had taken longer to leave... I kinda feel the same! At first, I was happy to see it leaving my body so fast, so that I wouldn't have to worry about any false positives. But then I had this crazy fantasy (I think I even dreamed about it in my sleep one night), that my last super faint line from the trigger would just stay faint for a couple of days, and never actually go away completely, and then start getting darker with natural hcg from being pregnant, hehe! Seriously... I'm losing it.

Maybe ibprofen shouldn't have just been avoided all together. I only take it during AF...but I was also taking it sometimes when the meds were causing me major headaches. But after the nurse said no, I bought a big bottle of extra strength tylonol. Does not help...that part of pregnancy will def go in the this sucks category.

I honestly think every day of my life I am losing it. When I leave the house I am always paranoid about what I didn't do. Then I started thinking about pregnancy brain. So I was in a panic...when I get pregnant I am going to have to make a list for every time I leave the house. The main things I am concerned about are letting my dogs out & forgetting to let them back in, locking doors, & unplugging my hair straightener...but I have pretty much got that last one in my routine.

I am starting to feel bad for my husband...I feel I am going to be one big mess as a pregnant lady.

Beaglemom and Erin...your cycles are making me so excited!! I noticed you're on Femara and you have been on Clomid in the past. I was just wondering which you prefer? I think I recall hearing that there are less chances of multiples with Femara and that it has less hormonal type side effects. Is that true? If so, why does it seem like Clomid is always prescribed first? Is it cost? Sorry I'm just trying to get all this straight so I can go into my first RE appointment prepared.

Wantaminime, thanks for bringing some drama and intrigue to our little thread ;) Just kidding! I agree with the others that if you guys are both mutually agreeing to not prevent, you are not doing anything misleading. However, I would do some soul searching about why you don't feel comfortable talking to him about it. I do not want to come off judgmental at all...I just have heard from so many people that relationships before kids are basically a piece of cake. So many conflicts/potential arguments are introduced when kids enter the relationship. I would just think about if you could possibly use this time to start building your communication skills as a couple. I know when my husband and I first got together, he was really bad at dealing with any kind of conflict (mostly because of a very destructive previous relationship). He would basically just shut down and say, "I don't want any drama," if I got my feelings hurt about anything or talked to him about something bothering me. But that's something we have worked on. It's never easy, but it's just something to think about.

Savvy, hope you're doing ok! I remember how frustrated I was when I had to wait 2 1/2 months for my first OB appt. I was doing the same thing...calling up there looking for a cancellation. I can't imagine how frustrating it must be to wait all that time then have to cancel! But I'm glad you were able to spend that time with your family. Hugs!

Floridasian...what the heck were the doctor/pharmacist thinking to not tell you to refrigerate it! I don't think people understand how much this process of TTC affects us or they would be more careful to not make stupid mistakes like that. How easy is it just to do your job and mention that!! Well, this cycle, you've got your bases covered!

FBG, hope your grandma is feeling better soon. Sorry for all the stress. It's hard with family health issues. Sending hugs your way!

Anyone I missed, sorry! This thread moves fast and I don't always get too much time to respond. But thinking of you all and sending baby dust your way.

AFM, AF showed yesterday. But I'm not even really disappointed. I feel like I don't even hope for it at this point, which is a little sad but also a relief not to go through the heartache each month. I just have my sights set on June/July cycle, as I have my first appt with the RE late June. It's nice to know we will soon be doing whatever it takes. And I so appreciate you ladies that are already going through all the meds/procedures giving me a sneak preview!

Sarah - I am not sure about Erin's experience, but I will tell you mine. Clomid gave me one emotional breakdown in the 6 cycles I was on it...& some other close calls. I did have hot flashes & headaches. It is also possible to thin you rlining...however, based on my FS appt, I really don't think that was happening to me. The femara does cause the hot flashes. I did get emotional though. But you never know what it could be...it could just be life added on to TTC added on to meds. I also had a few days of really bad headaches. But on my last day of femara, I started the follistim...I don't remember when the headaches started, so it could have been the injections causing it.

As far as why clomid or why femara? First off I think some women just respond better to one or the other. I have seen it go both ways when I read the forums. But I think the main thing is although femara is commonly used, I do not think it is widely known/accepted as a fertility drug. I believe it's 1st treatment was for cancer. Somehow they figured out it could help with infertility.

Personally, I am just going with what they say. I would have been just as fine on clomid. BUT I was not having any problems ovulating...which is their main goal. Mine was for boosting my eggs.

I hope this is my last cycle, because honestly I had a rough time with these meds. I was uncomfortable, my stomach where I injected was sore, headaches, & just overall being overwhelmed. I think next xyxle (if needed) I will be better since I have gone through it once. But a few of my headaches lasted all day. I may need to ask about it...but I think they will just tell me to take tylenol :)

beaglemom, I was doing the same thing... Although I would take Aleve for my cramps (it always worked best for mine) and I would take a BC Powder if I got a headache. That's pure aspirin, which I knew could be harmful DURING pregnancy, but it never occurred to me that it could delay O! I avoided it during the TWW since its a blood thinner, but now I'm wondering if even taking it before O was hurting anything. I also have a herneated disc in my lower back, and although I have that pain mostly under control with stretching and lifestyle changes, I still get flareups now and then, and the ONLY thing that will work on that is an anti-inflammatory, so back to the Aleve I always went. This is probably the first cycle in a VERY long time, that I have avoided NSAIDs altogether and just taken Tylenol. But like you said, I decided I'll have to get used to it anyway for pregnancy, so might as well start now!

sarah, HI! So good to see you check in. :) Sorry about AF, but I'm glad you're feeling okay about it. Having that RE appt probably gives you the peace of mind you need. Its like a light at the end of the tunnel, and in the meantime, you can just relax and see what happens, knowing that in the summer you'll be taking those next steps towards your BFP. :flower:

Sarah, I've never taken either Clomid or Femara but I did hear that Femara has less side effects than Clomid - does not dry you up and thin your lining as bad as Clomid and has less chances of causing ovarian cancer than Clomid. Clomid is prescribed more frequently because it's a lot cheaper.

However, some women respond better to one vs the other so to each their own!

Oh sorry Sarah, I forgot to respond to the clomid vs femara question. Honestly, I think I prefer the Femara, BUT.... Clomid got me pregnant the very first month that I upped the dose to the standard starting dose of 50mg, so it holds a special place in my heart. It is, however, a possibility that it caused that giant cyst and my surgery in my last cycle on it too! My OB and RE said it was "possible".

Femara supposedly has less chances of cysts, doesn't thin the uterine lining (like beaglemom mentioned), doesn't affect CM, and it is often reported that women have less of the other side effects as well.

So my OWN experience.... On Clomid, I think I had worse emotional episodes... On the Femara, I had a day or two where I was emotional, but it was manageable. On Clomid, I had face breakouts every single cycle for about a week or more. The Femara hasn't affected my face one bit. Not even one pimple. My biggest thing with the Clomid was that it affected my CM... it doesn't do that for everyone, but I had hostile CM and never saw a bit of EWCM. When I drank the robitussin, it did get rid of the hostile CM. But with the Femara, on the day of my IUI (the same day I O'd), I had a TON of perfectly beautiful (I know, weird, lol!) EWCM later that day that was dislodged from my cervix from the procedure. I hadnt seen EWCM that nice in a VERY, VERY long time.

So all in all, I think I'm happier with the Femara. The Ovidrel trigger shot, on the other hand, was what kicked my @ss. The very next day, I was very bloated and uncomfortable. And then the day I O'd, I was even more uncomfortable in my whole lower abdominal area, and it lasted ALL DAY. But I believe that part of it was mostly from the trigger.

As for why Clomid is prescribed more... my RE said that its because it has been around SO long and has had such high success rates all these decades. Femara just hadn't been used for fertility for nearly as long (like beaglemom said, it was originally for cancer), so they are just more recently starting to get stronger, more reliable statistics on it, and are therefore able to show success rates just as high as clomid, maybe even higher. At my RE's office, they automatically prescribe Femara to all their patients. It just happens to be their drug of choice. But again, i have nothing against Clomid either, as I've seen TONS of women getting prego on it, and I got prego on it as well. So nothing against it at all, but I was also more than happy to switch over as well.

Since I started progesterone this morning I'm not sure how reliable my temps are from this point forward. :shrug:

FBG, I see your temp stayed up pretty good this morning! If its up in that range tomorrow, I bet FF will go ahead and give you CHs, and I would guess it will set your coverline at 97.2. So as far as I'm concerned, you are in the TWW right along with us!

Floridasian, your temps are looking good too!

savvy, how are you doing today?

Misaacs and Suzy, haven't heard from you girls in a few days? Hope all is okay.

Wantaminime, how was your party?

beaglemom, I just recalled a post that you made several days ago (maybe longer) about Tylenol, that I meant to comment on! Girl, I feel totally the same way about that dang drug! It really does NOTHING for me, and my RE said that is ALL I can take. She said during AF was fine, but after that, she said to stay away from any kind of anti-inflammatory (Ibuprofen, Aleve, aspirin, etc.). She said obviously when we O, the ovaries are sort of "inflamed" because those follicles are growing, and one or two will burst. Anti-inflammatories can actually prevent that from happening sometimes, and delay O. I was SOOO uncomfortable when I O'd this cycle, and I was dying to take Ibuprofen because I knew it would help! (and obviously it helps for a reason!) I couldn't take anything but Tylenol, which really didn't help at all. It was funny when I read your post, because I had been thinking the same things as you, and it was as if I had typed that whole post myself, haha! One of the nurses even said that ibuprofen "could" potentially (along with many other OTC meds) prevent the sperm from binding to the egg.

Hi Erin,
I've been reading our thread religiously every day so I know what's going with all of you but I haven't been in a very talkative mood. Also, since the move to our new house I only got internet service 2 days ago. I overdosed on chocolate yesterday :). AF should appear tomorrow or Sunday but it's OK. I'm seeing my OBGYN on May 19th and feel positive about that. And I'm going to ask/order all types of tests, for me and DH. Even if nothing is wrong, I prefer to know it now instead of after trying for a year in vain and then finally discover something's wrong. It could be something as "insignificant" as a blocked tube or scar tissue or slow swimmers. Whatever it is, I want to know now so that I can treat it immediately. If it turns out to be nothing, all the better.
Now that I have internet again, I'll be communicating with you all more frequently again.
Btw, I'm really excited for you this month!!!
Thanks for thinking of me :hugs:

Hi ladies. i really dont know what to make of this month. prior to ovulation i drank some milk which has caused some gi issues with me this last week. still having horrible stomach cramps and stools sorry tmi. i have had to take my temps at different times i have been waking up at 230 to go to the bathroom so i take my temp and its 96.7-96.9. go back to sleep get up at 6-630 and temps 97.6-98.0. i dont know which temp i should use. I am extremely stressed now i had a huge day planned. i was suppose have my husbands cousins boys and then tonight have my husbands aunt over to see our house and have supper. this am my mother called me in a frantic telling me my grandmother needed surgery asap so i immediately dropped everything and got the boys transferred back to their parents. i am now with my grandparents waiting for my grandma to get out of surgery. they had to take all of her colon and she will have a colostomy for 3 years or the rest of her life. Ugh. . . hopefully she will recover well. maybe someday soon i can tell her she will be a great grandma and make her forget all about this.

Great to hear from ya Suzy, I'm so sorry you haven't been in a talkative mood, but I certainly get it. And good for you with the testing. Ya' gotta follow your gut on that. :thumbup:

Oh, FBG, I'm so sorry... :( It is so difficult watching the ones we love get older and go through these things. Thinking of you and your family, Hun. And yes, I think you WILL be able to tell her she's going to be a great grandmother very, very soon! That will be make her so happy. :flower: Oh, and I'm such an idiot... I didnt even realize you hadn't input Thurs and Friday's temps yet, duh! I didn't look at the days, oops! I would probably log the higher temps if I were you... You're going back to sleep and still getting four more hours of sleep, and then taking it at a time that's closer to your normal time, so if I were you, I'd go with those. :)

Since I started progesterone this morning I'm not sure how reliable my temps are from this point forward. :shrug:

With my experience taking P for one cycle, it didnt seem to affect my temps much. BUT, I was also only taking 100mg once a day, and they weren't suppositories, just prescription pills. The dosage may determine whether it affects temps or not, I'm not real sure. I just know mine weren't affected with what I was taking.

Hey Ladies!
I am up late and began to think about you lovely ladies and wanted to say HELLO :wave: I hope everyone is doing great and if your not today just know that miracles take time :thumbup:

Erin and beaglemom Hoping to see BFPs!! Erin thinks for thinking of me! Also, Erin just wanted some advice I guess. After my trigger shot my temperature never spiked. What do you think that means? No O?? They didn't do labs that cycle to check if I did O.

Wantaminime That is some juicy info! But men don't get what it is like to be a women and hear that clock ticking. I am praying that everything will work out for you with a BFP!

Savvy :hugs: Sending you lots of these and praying for a cancelation.

Alison I have ordered my Fertilaid and will now be taking that thanks to you! Hope it gets me a BFP too! Going to start taking it on CD1 when it decides to show.

I have been waiting for AF and tomorrow will be CD40:wacko: WTF is up with my body?! I stopped temping because I gave up since it was so late in the cycle. Even if I were to get pregnant it probably wouldn't be a good bean anyways. The nurse said she would prescribe me provera to start my cycle on CD35 but I thought that I would start soon so opted to just wait. She said it would come whether I was on it or not. I wanted to give my body time to heal. But now it's like LATE! I have not tested but know it's going to be - I am just so mad at myself for not getting it on CD35 and taking it because now its just even longer for us to be able to try again. I thought I would be around CD12 by now and I am not even CD1. I am so disappointed and just haven't felt much like talking about it. I almost feel embarrassed. Do any of you feel embarrassed when discussing your difficulty with TTC? I guess I feel embarrassed because I can't do what should be natural for a women. Sorry for the long rant.
I just realized that I never told you all my name. It is Michelle.

Hey Ladies!

I have been waiting for AF and tomorrow will be CD40:wacko: WTF is up with my body?! I stopped temping because I gave up since it was so late in the cycle. Even if I were to get pregnant it probably wouldn't be a good bean anyways. The nurse said she would prescribe me provera to start my cycle on CD35 but I thought that I would start soon so opted to just wait. She said it would come whether I was on it or not. I wanted to give my body time to heal. But now it's like LATE! I have not tested but know it's going to be - I am just so mad at myself for not getting it on CD35 and taking it because now its just even longer for us to be able to try again. I thought I would be around CD12 by now and I am not even CD1. I am so disappointed and just haven't felt much like talking about it. I almost feel embarrassed. Do any of you feel embarrassed when discussing your difficulty with TTC? I guess I feel embarrassed because I can't do what should be natural for a women. Sorry for the long rant.
I just realized that I never told you all my name. It is Michelle.

Hi Michelle!
I'm kind of in the same place right now. CD37 and still no AF. But it's almost here though. And don't feel like talking much either.
I know what you mean about feeling embarrassed. It's something that is expected of us right? And it 's something that our bodies should be doing naturally, without any additional help. I have a body body type that supposedly represents fertility. Let me explain: I have a small waist but large hips. You know, child bearing hips. Yeah right! Kind of like an hourglass figure but not quite as sexy or beautiful as let's say Marilyn Monroe. That and my behind is too big. I've read somewhere that subconsciously men view this as a sign of fertility: large hips and boobs of course as well. Mine are just normal size FYI :) So much for that myth. I have the hips alright, but they are not being put to use. Call me crazy but I think that's one of the reasons DH thought I'd have NOOOO problems in getting pregnant.
I don't know why I just told you this. I'm just rambling I guess. But I do hope I made you laugh a bit :hugs:

Michelle, good luck with the fertilaid! You can start taking it at anytime in your cycle so no need to wait til CD1! It may even help it along! You also take it while on AF too. I took it for 2 cycles and noticed a huuuge difference so I hope you do too!! : )

Hi Michelle! I'm def not an expert, so I'd hate to speculate about whether or not you O'd, but from everything I've ever read, if we don't have the rise in temps, we can supposedly assume that we haven't O'd. Since you triggered, I would think you would've O'd, because I assumed it was next to impossible not to O with the trigger, but I'm sure that's incorrect since every woman responds to hormones differently. It's too bad your RE didn't run the test to confirm it... My RE does the P test 7 days later to confirm. I would def tell them about this for sure, and tell them you're concerned that you may not have O'd. That might determine if they want to increase your meds or change them altogether. I noticed in your Feb chart that you took Femara also. Did you take the Femara this cycle too?

Thanks so much Beaglemom, Erin & Floridasian for the advice and information about Clomid vs. Femara. Beaglemom, I would also be taking it to "boost" I guess, because we know I ovulate and my cycles are always regular. It's just undiagnosed infertility at this point. Obviously I will do whatever the RE thinks best (and I'm just assuming it's going to be monitored cycles of IUI with one of these drugs), but I think based on your guys' feedback I will definitely ask for Femara if given the choice. I like the fact that it has less side effects, and I definitely want to stay away from anything that could stimulate cervical cancer, as I had to have moderate dysplasia removed already. Plus my EWCM situation is not fantastic, so don't want to slow that down any more than it is already. I would deal with pretty much anything to get pregnant at this point, but if there is a less emotionally/physically taxing option, I'll take that!

Michelle, I totally understand how you are feeling. It seems like there is a sense of shame that comes with not being able to have a baby. I was watching this movie "The Other Boleyn Girl" yesterday about the Tudors, and the king has his marriage annulled because the queen couldn't give him an heir. I feel like even though obviously society has progressed and women are valued for much more than their ability to have babies, there is still an internal pressure even beyond just the desire. Like, What is wrong with me? I'm not holding up my end of the deal to keep the human race chugging along.

I've been pretty emotional the last couple of days. Mother's day has been hard for me since I lost my mom to a rare form of brain cancer in high school. It has gotten easier through the years, but then some years it still just hits really hard. This year I feel a double sense of loss, for the mother I lost and the mother I haven't been able to become. Not trying to be a downer, but it's not really something you want to talk about over brunch, and it's nice to be able to share my feelings. Thank you ladies for always begin there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->