Still looking for our May Flowers...

Erin, I know I have read implantation usually happens between CD6-12 so that makes me hopeful that the temp dip has been implantation. Fx'd for you.

This question is for Erin, Beaglemom or anyone who had a monitored IUI cycle...I know you girls had ultrasounds, labs, etc before the IUI...do they do anything after the IUI, like progesterone labs?

Nothing for me...I think putting me on the progesterone is like their back up to avoid that. And I don't seem to have issues ovulating. But that could just be my IUI plan. I feel like I remember Erin said she had the day 21 labs to confirm ovulation.

Erin, I know I have read implantation usually happens between CD6-12 so that makes me hopeful that the temp dip has been implantation. Fx'd for you.

This question is for Erin, Beaglemom or anyone who had a monitored IUI cycle...I know you girls had ultrasounds, labs, etc before the IUI...do they do anything after the IUI, like progesterone labs?

Nothing for me...I think putting me on the progesterone is like their back up to avoid that. And I don't seem to have issues ovulating. But that could just be my IUI plan. I feel like I remember Erin said she had the day 21 labs to confirm ovulation.
Yeah..if you are put on progesterone starting at 3 DPO they might not check your progesterone level since the medication will skew the number. I asked my nurse when I had my second beta if they checked my progesterone at my first beta and she asked if I was on progesterone and I said yes. She said the number would be meaningless if I was on progesterone so that's probably why they didn't check it.

Yeah..if you are put on progesterone starting at 3 DPO they might not check your progesterone level since the medication will skew the number. I asked my nurse when I had my second beta if they checked my progesterone at my first beta and she asked if I was on progesterone and I said yes. She said the number would be meaningless if I was on progesterone so that's probably why they didn't check it.

Thanks, that makes sense. I never thought about how the progesterone would really skew the numbers! So it sounds like after you O/IUI the RE can't do much but give you P.

Thanks, that makes sense. I never thought about how the progesterone would really skew the numbers! So it sounds like after you O/IUI the RE can't do much but give you P.

I think in your case, that is what you could expect. Not all REs go straight to P. I have nothing in my history to indicate I need it. But I don't mind taking it. Since you have the short lp...I really think you can expect to be put on P.

Thank you everyone for the thoughts and prayers. My grandmother is doing really well. She had surgery on Friday and they resected over 50% of her colon and they gave her a colostomy. they are hopeful they can reconnect her colon in 6 months or so. the surgeon was very happy to see that her colon did not rupture and cause a very serious infection. she isnt in the clear yet but closer. today she gets to sip on clean liquids yay! hopefully home later this week.

Hi girls! I'm procrastinating at work and trying to catch up on the thread via phone ;). I think I've strained my neck already! It is exciting to see all the wheels in motion.

Erin, I'm sorry you're feeling down. I was feeling excited for you and Beaglom, that's why I jumped on here to catch up. I was eager to see when you'd test. I'm happy for you that IVF is a viable option when you're ready for it.

Beagle, I almost cried when I read about your dog and her litter of pups, I'm obsessed with my doggy. I think he keeps me sane. But, on a much more positive note, may the fourth be with you!!!

Anyone else in the tww and testing soon? AF arrived for me yesterday and tomorrow I'll go for my u/s and start Femara. I'm curious about what they think it'll do to ovulation. I normally ovulate around day 10-12. I hope it pushes it back a few.

Has anyone done a complete genetic testing profile? On Friday I heard from my childhood friend that her almost 3 year old was recently diagnosed with a developmental neuro disorder and will likely need lifelong therapy. I was floored. Beyond grieving for her, I've been in an utter state of panic that I have a mutated gene and I'm doing some sort of science experiment to get pregnant only to put a child here that may suffer. I know that sounds crazy, I hope it is only in my head. The rising numbers of autism related disorders on the news have the living day lights scared out of me. My RE asked me because of my low AMH if I had Fragile X, so that is the target of my worries. I can't take the unknown when it comes to that anymore, so tomorrow I'll do all those screenings too. I'm trying to tell myself in this instance, ignorance wouldn't be bliss.

I took a little of everyone's advice and began the hints. I told my SO yesterday that I want a baby for Mother's Day. He looked at me and smiled in the same way he does when I tell him I want a 3 carat solitaire... Lol, at least I'm planting a seed. I know it's not a serious talk, but I'm happy I put it out there :) Thank you all for the push!

Hi girls! I'm procrastinating at work and trying to catch up on the thread via phone ;). I think I've strained my neck already! It is exciting to see all the wheels in motion.

Erin, I'm sorry you're feeling down. I was feeling excited for you and Beaglom, that's why I jumped on here to catch up. I was eager to see when you'd test. I'm happy for you that IVF is a viable option when you're ready for it.

Beagle, I almost cried when I read about your dog and her litter of pups, I'm obsessed with my doggy. I think he keeps me sane. But, on a much more positive note, may the fourth be with you!!!

Anyone else in the tww and testing soon? AF arrived for me yesterday and tomorrow I'll go for my u/s and start Femara. I'm curious about what they think it'll do to ovulation. I normally ovulate around day 10-12. I hope it pushes it back a few.

Has anyone done a complete genetic testing profile? On Friday I heard from my childhood friend that her almost 3 year old was recently diagnosed with a developmental neuro disorder and will likely need lifelong therapy. I was floored. Beyond grieving for her, I've been in an utter state of panic that I have a mutated gene and I'm doing some sort of science experiment to get pregnant only to put a child here that may suffer. I know that sounds crazy, I hope it is only in my head. The rising numbers of autism related disorders on the news have the living day lights scared out of me. My RE asked me because of my low AMH if I had Fragile X, so that is the target of my worries. I can't take the unknown when it comes to that anymore, so tomorrow I'll do all those screenings too. I'm trying to tell myself in this instance, ignorance wouldn't be bliss.

I took a little of everyone's advice and began the hints. I told my SO yesterday that I want a baby for Mother's Day. He looked at me and smiled in the same way he does when I tell him I want a 3 carat solitaire... Lol, at least I'm planting a seed. I know it's not a serious talk, but I'm happy I put it out there :) Thank you all for the push!

I think that is a great step. I basically told my husband every few months I thought I wanted a baby...I think finally he got it. Start off small & gradually start making your comments sound more serious. Like maybe adding in a "What would you think?" in to the conversation.

I am so sorry to hear about your friends child. I totally understand your panic, as I have had similar thoughts. Back when we first started ttc my hubby and I discussed everything. I knew with my age the chances are higher for different disorders and I wanted to make sure he would be on board.

I am glad you mentioned something to your SO, just take baby steps! :)

test this afternoon was neg...but I was not expecting much...let's hope for better results in a couple of days.

Yep, I think different REs handle it different. Like a couple here said, their RE gave them the P to start taking after IUI. My RE, however, likes to check the P exactly 7 days after IUI. She doesn't feel the need to give her patients P if they aren't low on it. Like beaglemom said, it doesn't hurt to take, so its not a big deal, but that's just my RE's preference. I was glad she checked it though, but only because I was honestly curious as to whether or not I produced enough P on my own since I have the pre-AF spotting like beaglemom, so I wanted to know what my levels were. As it turned out, they were normal, so they didn't give me P supps. If I get a BFP, I will go in, and they will test my hcg and also the P again, just to make sure both are rising as they should. With your short LP, I'm not sure if your RE will automatically give you P, or if he will want to test you first to find out if that's even what's causing it. If I had to guess, I'd say it probably is, but there are other things that cause short LPs, and your RE might prefer to get to the bottom of it, rather than just guessing. All the bloodwork they'll do on you will help them determine that.

Wantaminime, good for you talking to your SO, wuhu!! Planting that seed, I think that's great!! And you got a decent response, ya know? At least he didn't freak out. :thumbup: yay! Oh, and in regards to the genetic testing, my RE actually did that on the very first appointment I had with her. They took like 6-7 vials of blood to check whatever hormones they could (the ones they can check during any point in your cycle, like AMH), they tested for STDs (a requirement in the state of FL when seeing an RE/FS), and a TON of genetic testing. I mean, the list was SO long what they were testing for, that I didn't even recognize 90% of the stuff. They said if I came back positive for any of the genes, then they test DH because if just one parent has the gene, the percentage is low that the baby will get the gene too. But if both parents have it, the chances skyrocket. Luckily, it all came back negative, so DH didn't have to get tested. I could copy/paste the list for you if you want to see everything they tested for.

Beaglemom, sorry for the BFN, but like you said, I'm sure you weren't expecting anything this soon. It's just hard to hold back, I know! LOL. Will you keep testing, or wait a couple more days?

FBG, I'm so happy your grandmother's surgery went well. :) :) That's very great news. FXd for a quick recovery! I'll be thinking about you and your family. :flower:

Just so you guys can see how different some REs can be, someone on another thread asked about the BD schedule around IUI, & this is what someone said.

"We are instructed to only bd the night before the trigger and give IUI sample and bd that night and every other night after for a week. Idk why we can't bd the night of trigger bc he doesn't have issues. She said the bd after that is to get your hormones going because research has showed they aid in sustaining a pregnancy. I had no idea"

I had never heard this before. And I was told to BD same night as trigger, my IUI was 36 hrs later. I think Erin was told abstain 48 hours. So I guess even with science, there is no exact science.

I may test again in the AM...but I will at least try every other day with the cheapos.

TMI alert...Okay so I decided to use another opk about an hour ago and when I went to wipe there was a ton of what I think was possibly ewcm. It was clear and somewhat stretchy, there was a ton of it. We did BD last night so I hope it wasn't from that. Here is my question...how far in advance do you get ewcm? My opk was very negative today (barely a second line at all). I usually get super negative opks a day or two before a positive opk...but would ewcm show up 3-5 days before O? I would be very excited if it was ewcm since I rarely see any cm at all!

So, I think I've seen a few girls mentioning the costs of the RE/FS, especially IVF. I keep forgetting to chime in on that conversation. That topic leads to another reason we're considering IVF sooner rather than later. So, here's how my insurance works... it covers fertility at 90%, and I pay 10%. BUT, there's a lifetime max of $15k that they'll pay w/ my current insurance. With every u/s, bloodwork, IUI, and meds, its slowly eating away at my $15k. Now, the good news is, that my insurance has contracted rates with my clinic. So for example... if an IUI procedure costs $450, my insurance has a contracted rate of around $225 that they pay (and then i pay 10% of that). The contracted rates help, because it doesn't eat into my funds quite as fast; however, after several IUIs, the scans, the bloodwork, the meds, etc. it will eventually add up, and will leave less left for IVF. When it comes to IVF, just guessing that IVF normally costs $15k, my insurance would have a contracted rate of around $7500. My portion would be $750. So although with those contracted rates, I can get more services than if I was paying full price, you still never know if the first IVF is going to take, and I'd want to go onto a second IVF. The second IVF is much cheaper, because they freeze whatever embryos are left, so the next IVF would only be $3k or so (again, contracted rate of around $1500). So we would technically still be able to do a second IVF. What I worry about, is if I keep doing the IUIs with all that goes along with it, I'm eating into that insurance maximum slowly but surely. So anyway, sorry to ramble, but that is another reason that it might make sense to go straight into IVF for us. There just seems to be a lot of things pointing to going that route now.

TMI alert...Okay so I decided to use another opk about an hour ago and when I went to wipe there was a ton of what I think was possibly ewcm. It was clear and somewhat stretchy, there was a ton of it. We did BD last night so I hope it wasn't from that. Here is my question...how far in advance do you get ewcm? My opk was very negative today (barely a second line at all). I usually get super negative opks a day or two before a positive opk...but would ewcm show up 3-5 days before O? I would be very excited if it was ewcm since I rarely see any cm at all!

Ahh, yes savvy, EWCM can show up several days before O, so that's great!!! Since sperm can live in our bodies for "up to 5 days", our bodies can start producing EWCM that early as well, which is what helps them to survive that long in there. :) Good for you! I don't see that much EWCM. The day of my IUI, I had a ton come out after the procedure. And there were times I've seen it in other cycles (albeit not when I was on clomid!), but I don't recall how early. I just know I've read that you can get it 3-5 days prior to O. Your body is gearing up. You are technically considered fertile right now because that's the best environment for sperm to live the longest. I bet you'll O in a few days. :thumbup:

FBG, so glad to hear your Grandma's surgery went well! Hoping for a speedy recovery so she can go home soon!

Thanks beaglemom and Erin...I guess I will have to see what the other tests and the RE says. I think my P was a bit low when the wacko OB tested me, I read it should be 10+ and mine was 7ish. I would like to get to the bottom of why my LP is so short.

Erin, wow that is great you have good insurance coverage and they also have lower rates. I totally see what you mean with all the other stuff eating up money when there is higher success rates with IVF.

Ahh, yes savvy, EWCM can show up several days before O, so that's great!!! Since sperm can live in our bodies for "up to 5 days", our bodies can start producing EWCM that early as well, which is what helps them to survive that long in there. :) Good for you! I don't see that much EWCM. The day of my IUI, I had a ton come out after the procedure. And there were times I've seen it in other cycles (albeit not when I was on clomid!), but I don't recall how early. I just know I've read that you can get it 3-5 days prior to O. Your body is gearing up. You are technically considered fertile right now because that's the best environment for sperm to live the longest. I bet you'll O in a few days. :thumbup:

Thanks! :flower: Ugh, here I was hoping to take a break from BDing tonight since I don't have a + opk and I don't know my hubbys count, etc. Now I am tempted to BD tonight in hopes that it was ewcm.

I get the fertile cm days before O.

Erin that is awesome insurance...mine is stupid! Def worth considering moving on.

A little worried I might have O'd early...my temp went up this morning and I had a tiny bit of ewcm. I didn't use the opks until yesterday and they are still negative. I guess I will wait and see what happens tomorrow with my temp and see if I get a + opk the next few days. What makes me mad is I told my hubby I might have O'd early and maybe we should squeeze a BD in before he left for work and he said my temp was probably up because it is warm in the house and then he left for work!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->