Still looking for our May Flowers...

I'm excited to see what your temp looks like tomorrow. Yesterday's temp could have just been a fluke, ya know. I have decided if I do not have a positive on 14 dpo, I am waiting until at least 15 dpo to stop the progesterone. I have no idea why the office won't just do a blood test since stupid hpts are not exactly reliable for all women.

Good luck tomorrow...hoping for a positive...or at least a high temp to keep things going ;)

Wantaminime, good for you talking to your SO, wuhu!! Planting that seed, I think that's great!! And you got a decent response, ya know? At least he didn't freak out. :thumbup: yay! Oh, and in regards to the genetic testing, my RE actually did that on the very first appointment I had with her. They took like 6-7 vials of blood to check whatever hormones they could (the ones they can check during any point in your cycle, like AMH), they tested for STDs (a requirement in the state of FL when seeing an RE/FS), and a TON of genetic testing. I mean, the list was SO long what they were testing for, that I didn't even recognize 90% of the stuff. They said if I came back positive for any of the genes, then they test DH because if just one parent has the gene, the percentage is low that the baby will get the gene too. But if both parents have it, the chances skyrocket. Luckily, it all came back negative, so DH didn't have to get tested. I could copy/paste the list for you if you want to see everything they tested for.

Beaglemom, sorry for the BFN, but like you said, I'm sure you weren't expecting anything this soon. It's just hard to hold back, I know! LOL. Will you keep testing, or wait a couple more days?

FBG, I'm so happy your grandmother's surgery went well. :) :) That's very great news. FXd for a quick recovery! I'll be thinking about you and your family. :flower:

Wantaminime, good for you talking to your SO, wuhu!! Planting that seed, I think that's great!! And you got a decent response, ya know? At least he didn't freak out. :thumbup: yay! Oh, and in regards to the genetic testing, my RE actually did that on the very first appointment I had with her. They took like 6-7 vials of blood to check whatever hormones they could (the ones they can check during any point in your cycle, like AMH), they tested for STDs (a requirement in the state of FL when seeing an RE/FS), and a TON of genetic testing. I mean, the list was SO long what they were testing for, that I didn't even recognize 90% of the stuff. They said if I came back positive for any of the genes, then they test DH because if just one parent has the gene, the percentage is low that the baby will get the gene too. But if both parents have it, the chances skyrocket. Luckily, it all came back negative, so DH didn't have to get tested. I could copy/paste the list for you if you want to see everything they tested for.

I'm in FL too, and had a ton of vials the day they tested AMH, all the STD's, hormones and and endless list too of things that I still don't know what they were. However, I guess my clinic does genetic prescreening additionally. I had to elect and sign a bunch of papers this morning when I requested it. They send it off so it's a 4 week wait for results! Yikes! I better learn to practice more patience.

I'm in FL too, and had a ton of vials the day they tested AMH, all the STD's, hormones and and endless list too of things that I still don't know what they were. However, I guess my clinic does genetic prescreening additionally. I had to elect and sign a bunch of papers this morning when I requested it. They send it off so it's a 4 week wait for results! Yikes! I better learn to practice more patience.

Yes, I remember it took FOREVER to get the genetic tests back... I don't recall the exact amount of weeks, but my mouth dropped open when they told me how long. They do it through some company called Counsyl, so that when the results came back, not only did the nurse call, but I was also able to register on that company's website and see the results there. It was the only way I was able to remember what they'd even tested for, because I hadn't even heard of most of the diseases, except I recall Cystis Fibrosis, Ataxia, and some different congenital disorders! Maybe some form of autism too, I can't recall... Anyway, the genetic testing wasn't a requirement, it was optional, but I opted to get it done. The STD testing, however, was a requirement, lol.

I'm like you though, I'm not very patient when it comes to waiting for test results, ugh. Hehe!

Okay...happy dance for me...:happydance:

I just called the RE office and they had a cancellation, so my appointment is moved up to Tuesday, May 27th!! Of course they asked if I could come in today, in an hour but there is no way my hubby could get out of work and we could make it there by 11. Still I am glad that my appointment got moved up by a week...I will keep checking in for more cancellations!

Woohoo! Congratulations :) you deserve a break!

So, I just got off the phone w/ my nurse (I really love her). Wanted to let her know that if I'm not prego, that we may want to do IVF, so I wanted to know if I could talk to my RE, and also figure out what else goes into it, because to be honest, I really didn't know if it was just something I could start up next cycle or what. Turns out, its a whole process. I have to attend one of their IVF seminars, which only happen once a month. I lucked out, and this month's is tomorrow night! Otherwise, I would've had to wait until June 15th, and that would've been right in the throws of EOQ at work. Whew! Second, I will see my RE to discuss on May 28th (earliest appt for an IVF consult). I was a little discouraged at first, because this was STILL going to put me into Aug because of cycle timing, BUT, she said it doesn't necessarily work like that w/ IVF. There are obviously more drugs that go into it, and she said there's a period of 2 weeks where you literally have an appt about every other day so they can see exactly where you're at to maximize the number of eggs they can get. Anyway, when I told her I really didn't want to wait until Aug, she said I probably wouldn't need to, which confused me since everything else is so dependent on when you start a new cycle. But she said, if they have to work around any of my schedule, they can put me on a BCP in order to manipulate my cycle, and control when it starts/stops. She said that's often a good idea anyway, because the BCP apparently calms our ovaries down nicely, and after so many medicated cycles, it certainly isn't a bad idea to do that, since they want an ideal environment to start from when beginning an IVF cycle. (all this is completely new to me). So that's that. DH and i will attend the seminar tomorrow night, and I'll see my RE on the 28th, and she and I will come up with a plan to get the ball rolling.

Before we got off the phone, she asked me what I'd like to do for this next cycle since it may start in a couple days if I'm not prego (I liked how she emphasized "IF", hehe... she's very positive). Did I want to just skip any treatment, try timed intercourse at home, or do another IUI? I hadn't even thought of that before, because I had assumed (incorrectly!) before talking to her, that IVF could be started in the next cycle. So since I dont want this next cycle to be a waste, I told her I'll go ahead and do another IUI (or maybe just timed intercourse with the Femara and the trigger).

I'm excited to see what your temp looks like tomorrow. Yesterday's temp could have just been a fluke, ya know. I have decided if I do not have a positive on 14 dpo, I am waiting until at least 15 dpo to stop the progesterone. I have no idea why the office won't just do a blood test since stupid hpts are not exactly reliable for all women.

Good luck tomorrow...hoping for a positive...or at least a high temp to keep things going ;)

Thanks beaglemom!! I'm hoping to see a good temp in the morning too, but even better would be a BFP!

I agree, I have seen some offices that just have you come in after 14 days for the blood test instead of HPT at home. But oh well. I believe when I was on P, I stopped taking it at 13dpo.... i was taking it at night before bed, so when I woke up with a BFN at 14dpo, I just didn't take one that night. I didn't want to prolong my cycles, although I have no idea if my dosage would've or not. I know it did for Allison, but she was taking 200mg. Although I do recall, that after I stopped taking it, it took another 5-6 days before AF came. In fact, now that I'm thinking about it, that was the longest LP I ever had.... someone asked me about that earlier (maybe floridasian...), and I said that my LP was usually between 14-17 days. But I remember now, the cycle i was taking P, my LP was 19 days long, and that's generally not supposed to happen unless you're prego. So it was an odd cycle.

Thanks beaglemom!! I'm hoping to see a good temp in the morning too, but even better would be a BFP!

I agree, I have seen some offices that just have you come in after 14 days for the blood test instead of HPT at home. But oh well. I believe when I was on P, I stopped taking it at 13dpo.... i was taking it at night before bed, so when I woke up with a BFN at 14dpo, I just didn't take one that night. I didn't want to prolong my cycles, although I have no idea if my dosage would've or not. I know it did for Allison, but she was taking 200mg. Although I do recall, that after I stopped taking it, it took another 5-6 days before AF came. In fact, now that I'm thinking about it, that was the longest LP I ever had.... someone asked me about that earlier (maybe floridasian...), and I said that my LP was usually between 14-17 days. But I remember now, the cycle i was taking P, my LP was 19 days long, and that's generally not supposed to happen unless you're prego. So it was an odd cycle.

I think the only thing I was tested for as far as genetic was cystic fibrosis.

With an early O, I don't think a few extra days because of P will upset me too much.

I am glad you have the ball rolling on IVF. I am also glad you decided not to waste this cycle. Sucks you will have to wait another cycle, but who knows...this may all be for nothing. This IUI or the next may be all you need.

All that stuff with IVF is another reason I am holding out hope for the IUI. My office is an hour from work, so any appt gets me to work 2 hours late at the very earliest...and that's when I luck out with a super early appt.

I think there is no STD testing required in NC because we are a bible belt state...& no one cheats on their spouse or has sex before marriage :haha: ...yeh right! We believe if you don't confront or acknowledge it, it doesn't exist.

Yes, I thought about you when she mentioned that every-other-day testing. I know how far you are from your RE's office, so that might be difficult for you. You mentioned once that your new mgr said you could work from your other office located closer, right? So IF it comes to that (although I think IUI is gonna be it for you :flower:), do you think you could tell her that you'll be having appts that frequently and take her up on that offer?

Honestly, if I was just a couple years younger, I'd def do a few more IUIs. I feel strongly that it would def work after a few. I did get prego once just on clomid and intercourse at home, and without even using the trigger. And from what I've read, the Femara dose we're on is the highest. So between the added Femara, the trigger, the recent HSG, and shooting those spermies directly into my uterus, I have no doubt it would work eventually. I think turning 38 soon is freaking me out a bit, and I just feel DH and I have put enough time in at this point.

Beaglemom I totally understand your rant about insurance. The things they do are messed up. And I am in a position where they cover nothing when you are in treatment AND nothing for diagnostic testing for infertility. It really hurts our bank account! Also, hoping this cycle will be it for you :) This long journey for us needs to end already lol but I am sure it will be very, very soon!

floridasian Your temps look good!! Did you add anything to this cycle? (Sorry if you already said this, I tried to read it all but may have missed it)

Erin Your temp is looking great!! That is great that you have got everything rolling on the IVF and are going to do IUI again next cycle IF you are not prego now! I think that's a great idea so maybe the IVF will not even be needed. And your insurance sounds awesome. I am so envious!

Suzy Has AF shown??

Savvy YAY! :happydance: for the cancelation! Maybe they will have another one even sooner!

AFM I am on day 2 of my prometrium. So 8 more to go. I am hoping that I won't need to take all the pills and AF will come. I just want to get this next cycle going. This morning I freaked out because I took one of the progesterone pills and thought "what if I am pregnant and I am taking this?" So I tested again with fmu but it was - So I did a sigh of relief. So I can take the rest with a clear conscience.

My manager probably would let me...but my banker, the guy who I assist, would flip out. He tries to not let me think he needs him. He thinks it makes me have a big head or something. But whenever I am out, he freaks out. For my 1st appt, I had to be on the phone with him for like 20 minutes walking him through something. So if I told him I was working out of another city, he would flip. But why else have I been saving up my time off? So I would be okay either way.

So I've been MIA for the last week - but I have a good excuse - I spent the last week in the hospital with a freak "peri-orbital cellulitus infection" - ie an infection around my right eye - a full week in the hospital on IV antibiotics. Doing much better now - I was finally able to open my eye on Sunday. I call it my warmup for the next time I am in the hospital (when I am having my baby!!)

I'm sure I am out this month since I spent my "fertile period" in the hospital hooked up to an IV and the odds were against us to begin with. We did get a good BD session in the night before I got the infection - it was so good I thought he had given me the black eye during it!! We were both relieved to know that it was an infection and not a rough sex injury.

Anyways I have about 20 pages to catch up on - so it might take a couple of days but I will get through it all - in the meantime I hope there is some good news on here!!!

So Michelle, they gave you prometrium to get AF to come? Prometrium is progesterone... I was thinking you said "provera" before, but maybe I'm thinking of someone else. Well, you're totally ok taking progesterone even if you are prego. In fact, Progesterone is good for pregnancy. I'm confused as to how it will bring AF on though, as I thought it delayed AF.... But maybe it's a way to make your body feel like it gets the P and then when the P dies down, AF starts up like it normally would after P drops...? I have heard of it being used for that before, but I don't know the science behind it. Lol. Well, here's to hoping AF comes so that you can get the next cycle started!!! :flower:

Moni, so sorry to hear you went through that, ugh!! I'm glad you're feeling better Hun!! :flower:

Suzy Has AF shown??

AF has not shown... But I got a BFN yesterday so I don't know what to think. Maybe I didn't O at all this month. I have an appt on Monday with my OBGYN. I really like him and I'm going to express all my worries and frustrations and basically ask him to help me out. To see what's going on and to perform several tests. Although I'm tempted in the meantime to try some sort of natural ovulation booster, I want to be "clean" when I see my Dr. This way the blood work will show how my body is doing without any type of manipulation from Vitex or anything else. I have high hopes for this appointment and hope it's the first step in figuring everything out.

How are you feeling?
:kiss:

Erin I was expecting it to be provera because I thought that was what the nurse told me. But when I went to pick up my prescription it was prometrium. I honestly am unsure of the science behind it. But I think your right about you taking it to trick your body into thinking you have O so then after you stop it your period comes. Not positive though so if anyone knows and can tell us.

Suzy I am sure your doctor will help you out. Some of the labs (if he run them) will be on certain days of your cycle. And maybe if you tell him it's been so many days for a period he will prescribe you something to start so you can begin your medications. I'm guessing he will prescribe you clomid or femara/letrozole to make you O. It will also help make it sooner. Excited for you to be going.

Suzy, sorry for the BFNs. :( I know the feeling at the moment. Although I don't have the frustration of wondering where AF is... Remind me, how late is it for you now?

AFM, despite a nice jump in temp this morning, I had another bfn. I don't feel even remotely like AF is coming. I know 26 days is short, but I figured with an early O on cd12, that my cycle would be shorter and I'd at least have that pre-AF spotting by now that I always get every cycle. Cd27 is the latest it has ever begun for me, so I guess it'll show up by tomorrow, and AF maybe a couple days later. Then again, I have no idea if my body will be different on the Femara or not. Clomid didn't change whether I spotted or not, but who knows about Femara.

Erin, glad your temp is still up. I did some brief research & I think the femara could lengthen the lp. But I am not sure...just read a few posts. Which makes me more annoyed they won't just do a blood test.

I had a negative test this morning. But it is only 10 dpo. I am having a lot of cramping though. I guess we will just have to wait & see.

Insurance companies are the worst! They're so corrupt. Erin, I'm glad you have a good plan, at least someone is getting help from them. The IVF is such exciting news and seems like it's all going to happen really fast. Maybe you'll be so focused on that you'll wake up in the next few days and realize you won't need it! FX'd your bun is already in there cooking :flower:

I started Femara today!!! I'm pretty excited but just on 2.5mg. How much are you all taking? Also, I'm wondering about the ladies that take the trigger with it, are you doing that because you don't ovulate well on your own or for different reasons? The dr mentioned to me that I could do it and then 2 nurses told me it was something I don't need to do as I know I do ovulate on my own. This makes me confused if it helps with the "super ovulation" or is just a way for the office to make more money. I was in such a rush to get out of there, I either forgot the answer or forgot to ask if the Femara will change my cycle length. Last month I O'd on day 10 which was a couple days early for me, I'm hoping it'll push that back a bit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->