Still looking for our May Flowers...

So, tonight is the IVF seminar that DH and I will be attending. It would've been nice to have a little more notice, but it's good I called yesterday, because it's an absolute requirement of my clinic, and the next one wouldn't have been until June 15th! I literally called them just in time. I don't know what it will consist of, but I'm guessing it just goes over everything that IVF entails, and probably helps people make a more informed decision and make sure its even something they want to do.

Exciting! I kind of did things backwards...I went straight into all of the IVF stuff before considering iui. Hubby had a vasectomy reversal so we can have children together. It's been a long year and a half and his sperm analysis kept saying ivf/ICSI was the way we were headed. : ( very expensive as none of our insurance covers anything fertility related. Not to mention the 10k cash surgery he had to have to reconnect the tubes!
So we were patient and have been doing so much to bump up his count. We would like 2 babies so we didn't want a quick fix. We are hoping if he stays on everything he's been doing the last 6 months his swimmers will stay up! But of course keep monitoring in case his surgery site begins to scar down. Ivf is lots of info and was super overwhelming but you've been through iui so for you it will probably be just a bit more. You're used to injections and meds so I bet you'll be just fine! :thumbup: plus, you seem very knowledgable with all of this stuff. There is a GREAT thread with a couple of super nice ladies that know literally EVERYTHING about it. Kind of like this thread, just not iui. Hopefully you will just get your BFP this cycle and you get to throw out the big folder they hand you tonight!

Hey ladies. Haven't popped in for a few days but just got caught up. Thanks for your kind words. I survived Mother's Day...staying away from social media helped! I kept hoping to see news of a BFP...maybe in the days to come!

Savvy...glad you are getting in earlier!! Erin...your temps look good! I'm excited to hear how the Ivf seminar goes.

Just a note on the medical system...it is screwed up but to defend doctors, (at least in my husband's case) they only get about 10% of what is charged (then pay 40% of that back in taxes). The hospital takes the great majority. And the reason they charge more than necessary is because of the government reimbursement. Medicare/Medicaid and insurance companies will only pay a certain percentage, so prices have to be fixed accordingly. Yes it's a screwy system, but the docs are just as frustrated as you are. I'm not meaning to be rude but it's easy to point fingers at doctors because they are the face of medicine, but they really have very little control over the costs of appointments and procedures.

Thanks JCM! I'd still love to see a BFP tomorrow, but I'm having a hard time staying hopeful at this point since I'm 14dpo today. I might check out that IVF thread too, thanks for mentioning it! Have you already done IVF once, or you're still waiting for some spermy improvement before moving forward with it?

savvy, you didnt offend me at all with your insurance rant! Trust me, I am in TOTAL agreement with you girls, and it's not like I work for an insurance company, LOL. I am fortunate to have the insurance. My RE said that many of their patients don't have it, unless they were work for a company that is headquartered out of one of the more liberal states. The company I work for is headquartered out of California, and Cali is a much more innovative state when it comes to insurance benefits and things like that. So I'm fortunate, and I'm certainly thanking my lucky stars for it now! Never thought I'd need it before. :wacko: LOL

floridasian, I totally know the feeling! I love seeing my family, whether its my parents or one of my siblings, but by the end of it, i'm always exhausted, hehe!

beaglemom, it is def still early for you! That's great that your DH feels so optimistic. I feel optimistic for you guys too!

So, I went into the bathroom a bit ago, and saw the first signs of.... something.... I can't call it my usual brown spotting, because it was def different. I saw it when I wiped. It wasn't brown at all. It was a pinkish/red. It was two wipes, and the second wipe was a very creamy pink/red. More pink than red. But not brown at all, like it usually is. I'm still having no cramps or anything.

Hey ladies. Haven't popped in for a few days but just got caught up. Thanks for your kind words. I survived Mother's Day...staying away from social media helped! I kept hoping to see news of a BFP...maybe in the days to come!

Savvy...glad you are getting in earlier!! Erin...your temps look good! I'm excited to hear how the Ivf seminar goes.

Just a note on the medical system...it is screwed up but to defend doctors, (at least in my husband's case) they only get about 10% of what is charged (then pay 40% of that back in taxes). The hospital takes the great majority. And the reason they charge more than necessary is because of the government reimbursement. Medicare/Medicaid and insurance companies will only pay a certain percentage, so prices have to be fixed accordingly. Yes it's a screwy system, but the docs are just as frustrated as you are. I'm not meaning to be rude but it's easy to point fingers at doctors because they are the face of medicine, but they really have very little control over the costs of appointments and procedures.

All good points. And yes, I have heard from other people that the Drs themselves are also frustrated. I mostly blame the system. If our own gov't is causing these hospitals/clinics to have to pay SO much of the money back to pay for the gov't programs, I guess we really have nobody else to get things under control for us, huh?

Sarah, I do not blame everything on the doctors...the WHOLE system is a mess.

Erin, maybe that is IB. I think it happens a couple days after implanting. It is very good that it is different. And I know you know what is different for you. Sometimes I forget month to month.

The cramps are feeling like AF...but I am holding out some hope.

OK - Finally caught up - too much for individual comments (sorry).

Sorry for those that AF caught. Looking forward to Erin and Beagle's testing!!

Erin - let me know how the class goes, mine was supposed to be last Thursday and well we know how that went - it is rescheduled for the end of the month.

Anyways, thanks for the well wishes and here's some positive vibes for the rest of the month!!

I was going to say the same thing! I get frustrated too but then I get even more frustrated for my husband. He works through 3 (soon to be 4) different hospitals, one of which he has part ownership of and he gets screwed. We calculated 50% of what he made this year went to taxes! I was floored. How is that possible when he was practically sleeping in hospitals all year in between cases and call days plus not to mention his normal clinic days! I almost forget what he looks like! Poor guy. He works hard. I do wish I could have better fertility coverage though. This paying cash for everything really blows!

Erin - finger crossed that spotting is implantation bleeding!! I didn't get it until 12 DPO when I got my BFP last time so it's definitely still possible!

Thanks JCM! I'd still love to see a BFP tomorrow, but I'm having a hard time staying hopeful at this point since I'm 14dpo today. I might check out that IVF thread too, thanks for mentioning it! Have you already done IVF once, or you're still waiting for some spermy improvement before moving forward with it?

savvy, you didnt offend me at all with your insurance rant! Trust me, I am in TOTAL agreement with you girls, and it's not like I work for an insurance company, LOL. I am fortunate to have the insurance. My RE said that many of their patients don't have it, unless they were work for a company that is headquartered out of one of the more liberal states. The company I work for is headquartered out of California, and Cali is a much more innovative state when it comes to insurance benefits and things like that. So I'm fortunate, and I'm certainly thanking my lucky stars for it now! Never thought I'd need it before. :wacko: LOL

floridasian, I totally know the feeling! I love seeing my family, whether its my parents or one of my siblings, but by the end of it, i'm always exhausted, hehe!

beaglemom, it is def still early for you! That's great that your DH feels so optimistic. I feel optimistic for you guys too!

So, I went into the bathroom a bit ago, and saw the first signs of.... something.... I can't call it my usual brown spotting, because it was def different. I saw it when I wiped. It wasn't brown at all. It was a pinkish/red. It was two wipes, and the second wipe was a very creamy pink/red. More pink than red. But not brown at all, like it usually is. I'm still having no cramps or anything.

Hey that sounds promising!!! We were set to do our first round of IVF This month actually but DH had beyond amazing sperm results. They just kept climbing up! He has been on clomid every single day since November to boost his testosterone levels. It slowly started climbing and then he really started to obsess over it! Lol takes so many vitamins and even has a strength building plan and now his numbers are through the roof! Well, almost at the requirement of getting me pregnant naturally. So we took that as a sign. RE says we are totally candidates for iui so we will give it a shot or 2. It's about 500 bucks verses the 15k. I had some cysts on my ovaries and the birth control is supposed to be helping with that (plus it will be easier for him to manipulate my cycle while I am on it) I also had some inflammation so I take 2 heparin injections everyday and it looks like I'm in good shape! My mindset is if I have a 20% chance using iui, I'll try it twice. If it doesn't work, I'm prepared for the ivf. Honestly, the only info that freaked me out was egg retrieval. The internet has some scary horror stories like it does with everything in the world. The transfer part is exactly like iui. I think ivf is just more stressful because of the additional waiting. Like if you do ICSI, you wait for your 5 day transfer hoping the embryos keep maturing and you hope that they get enough eggs to freeze in case you need multiple cycles because then you do another egg retrieval if you need more eggs...more time...more money...more impatient cranky woman! I always joked with DH saying thank god we will leave this to science because I wouldn't want to sleep with me either. Shots and injections get me pretty cranky! Lol I'm glad your husband is able to go with you. Bring a pen and paper because you will have questions later and you can go back to your notes! My husband is a surgeon and even he forgot or had questions. But let's hope you just implanted today....anytime I've ever had anything before AF it was always a spot of brown. I think pink and cm is a good sign!

In other news....snake in my backyard this morning. I peed a little when I realized it was there! Thank goodness for my barking doggies!!

I hope it is implantation bleeding!! The timing would be correct that you would have it a few days after implantation, the dip in temp 2 days ago. I have to admit I am really excited for you, I am keeping my fingers crossed that you are going to get your BFP soon!

I agree Sarah, and if a doctor cuts you a personal price break they probably make less, not the hospital. Now I am all for medical research and the possibilities to cure diseases, etc so I do think it is important to have money for the hospital to do that but the costs don't need to be as high as they currently are. I am very lucky to have insurance and I feel for those who have zero coverage or pay out of pocket for their meds. Right now I am kind of wishing I married an RE :)

Hahaha savvy!! Me too! Or that I went to school to be one!

I hope this link works.

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/196469602468359881/

https://www.pinterest.com/creatingafamily/infertility-humor/

BFN this morning :( I'm crushed!

There is a reason I don't like to test early. Bleh! Will have to try again tomorrow.

Yeah I know..that was my first reaction. Then I realized 1. I'm still early and 2. this is only the first cycle we are allowed to actively trying after the m/c and surgery so it probably won't happen so soon. It's just that I had so much hope for this cycle.

Yeah I know..that was my first reaction. Then I realized 1. I'm still early and 2. this is only the first cycle we are allowed to actively trying after the m/c and surgery so it probably won't happen so soon. It's just that I had so much hope for this cycle.

Nothing wrong with a little hope :)

On another note, I am in a piss mood today...then I almost cried. These damn meds + PMS (we hope not!) sucks.

floridasian
So sorry for the - but you are still early. Maybe it will turn into a BFP in the next couple days. And I understand about the high hopes. I had them too then I never started and still haven't. Just keep the hope alive!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->