Still looking for our May Flowers...

I think 2 or 3 iuis with the re is a good number. Plus your re has better timing with their office hours and monitored testing. You can get their opinion too and think what would be best for you and your hubby especially if cost is an issue. Hopefully the next iui is all you need.

On my way to the re appointment, I will post a report later!

Hi Ladies, I hope everyone had a great weekend. Ours was filled with lots of get togethers with friends, swimming and soaking up the sun.

This morning was a bit of an adventure, I realized when it was time to take the kids to school that my keys were locked in the van because I locked mine in there yesterday when we went swimming since DH had his with. My DH also had my spare key with him at work, 20 mins away. I figured by the time I called a relative to scoop us up to get to school we would be late. I told the kids we were going to have to walk really fast/jog to school to make it on time. Its only a mile but the kids complained the whole way LOL. I do feel bad but it's not like it was a 10 mile hike. By the time I got back home DH was there with my spare. At least I got my morning workout in - I had planned on going to the gym after dropping them off. Thankfully I was already in my workout clothes.

As for baby making stuff, I wanted to try really hard with having good timing this month but I think we failed. I wanted to BD before my +OPK and we were going to last night but our friends stayed over later than planned after dinner and when it was time to go to bed we were just exhausted. I just got my + a few mins ago, it was - last night around 5 PM. So I know we can BD tonight and still be OK but I wish we would have last night. It caught me off guard, I wasn't sure on the timing with Femara this month. I'm not going to tell DH about the + today because I think that puts too much pressure on him. I'll just be sure that's the first thing I do when I get home LOL

Savvy, I hope your appt goes well and can't wait to hear about it!

So excited for your appointment, Savvy! And your temps are looking great too. I hope your RE has a great plan for you!

Beaglemom - I'm happy to hear that you are now considering IVF. I remember six months ago you were against it. I think at the beginning you were even against IUI. It's unfortunate you have to go down that path but it really opens up another door and tons of new hope for you! I'm glad you had a change of heart. I hope I won't have to go down that path but I'm prepared for it if I have to.

Drove around to shop around gardening supplies all weekend. DH insisted on driving around to compare prices. We like to grow fruits and vegetables and herbs in the summer months. Got tomatoes, rosemary (we had a few rosemary bushes that did not survive this past winter even though it did the previous two winters), more blueberries (already had four), blackberries, and planted some more herbs and cucumbers left over from last year. By the time we were done comparing prices, all the cheap bell peppers from Walmart were sold out so that was a bummer. Hopefully they'll restock. Also grilled some burgers and steaks over the weekend for the first time in two years.

I've been using Suzy's recipe on the yam tea. Yeah..it tastes..earthy but tolerable. I ate the yam too and I actually like it. It's very starchy, a lot more so than regular sweet potatoes. So it's now yam/yam tea in the morning and black soy beans for lunch for the next few days. Yeah..not very exciting. Goes to show you what we're willing to do to get pregnant!

Oh, and don't get me started on the weight thing. I gained some weight when I got pregnant last year and was never able to lose it after the m/c. I was going through my shorts last week after it got warm and realized there was probably only a pair or two I could still zip up. I was wearing elastic waist pants all winter so I couldn't tell. I exercise for fertility (I run on the treadmill) but it doesn't seem to be enough. I'm not overweight by any means either but I'd love to lose 10 lbs, even 5 would be good. I just want to be able to fit into my clothes!

Thanks, Floridasian. I was never really against IUI. When we started years ago I was against all of it for numerous reasons...the main being money. But now we can afford to do all this stuff. The only reason I do not want to do IVF is the amount of effort you have to put in & all the time off...plus the money & nothing is a sure thing. I just wish the IUI would work for us. But every month I lose hope. And I am just done. I told myself at the beginning of trying this time that we would put in a strong effort for a year. After that, I think we would be done...at least with the biological option. But we would exhaust everything in that year. So we have a few months left on that timeline...basically enough time to do this cycle on femara, 1 IUI, then IVF. But if my dr insists, I am willing to do 2 more IUIs.

Savvy, I meant to say have a great afternoon with your husband. I love shopping with mine...until we get the bill...lol!

Also since starting the whole process again, I have since found several options as far as financing IVF goes. So I feel way more comfortable with the decision. I am still not 100%...but close enough. My other fear is multiples. But that is another things that we have a slight control over.

Hi ladies, I was out of town all weekend, so just now getting a chance to post again. The thread moved pretty fast, and I did read everyone's updates, but I suppose I'll only reply to the most recent ones to keep this from being a book long! LOL

beaglemom, yes, there do seem to be some good ways for financing IVF. The seminar that my clinic required, which DH and I went to a couple weeks ago, went over that at the very end of the presentation. It doesn't apply to us since we have insurance, but I was very pleased to see it was available, in case I go down that road for a 2nd child (my fertility insurance has a lifetime max, and I don't know how much will be left after the 1st baby). They also went over the topic you mentioned once, where you can pay a certain amount for three IVFs, and if you don't go home with a baby, you get a certain percentage of the money back. Anyway, I'm glad you are feeling relaxed this cycle... I agree, its probably because you don't have all the RE visits. It will be so cool if you get a BFP this cycle since you're feeling less stressed. Then no more IUIs or IVF!

savvy, looking SO forward to hearing how your first appt went! Curious to hear what tests they were able to run and what sort of action plan they have for you. Yay! I bet you'll feel so good walking out of there. I know I've felt great after each productive step that I've made.

floridasian, glad you liked the yams. I don't think I've ever tried them before in my entire life. Maybe between that and the soy beans, your BFP is right around the corner! :)

Michelle, I'm so happy to hear your baseline u/s went well! GL with the femara and with the IUI! Can't wait to hear how it all goes.

MissStacy, if you just got your + OPK today, you are definitely good to go! Like you said, BD today, and then tomorrow, and even the next day. I think you have perfect timing in my opinion! I understand what you mean though... it's always nice to have a few swimmers in there even a day or two earlier since they can supposedly live up to five days. But you've still got great timing!

AFM, day10 u/s was today. I have 2 follies that they expect will release eggs. One was 21.5 mm, the other was 17.5 mm. But she said they'll both grow another 1-2 mm over the next couple days, so they expect that both will release an egg. I'm excited about that. I expected to be triggering tonight and having IUI on Thurs, but they surprised me by saying they want to give the smaller follie an extra day to grow (the bigger it is, the more chance it has of releasing an egg). I warned them yet again that I have a tendency to O early, but the nurse said they check our estradiol in the day10 blood test, and they are able to tell by that number whether a woman is about to O or not (it tells them how much estrogen the follies are producing), and she said I'm fine for a couple more days. I did an OPK a few minutes ago, and it is neg, so I do feel okay about it, I guess. And they'd know better than I would since they do this to tons of women every single month. DH and I will BD tonight and maybe one last time tomorrow morning. And I will do another OPK in the morning too. If it's pos, then I'm calling them asap because this time it won't be a false pos since I waited the right amount of days. I have my IVF consult tomorrow (spending lots of time at the clinic this week, lol). So the Dr will go over her plan with me, and they will go ahead and order all the meds tomorrow too. It's $3k worth of meds that they'll be ordering when we don't even know for sure if I'll need it (if the IUI is successful). Thank goodness my insurance pays for injectables. I'll begin the Lupron in about 10 days, but I'm asking her tomorrow to give me absolute positive reassurance that it wouldn't affect an embryo if this IUI is a success. She stressed 3 times already that it doesn't affect it at all, but I just want to hear it face to face.

Beaglemom it's Ok to talk about feeling fat. I'm actually kind of relieved that you did because I feel the same way. I just never mentioned it before because trying to lose weight compared to TTC isn't exactly a very important "issue" if you know what I mean. I felt kind of shallow for feeling this. Here we all are TTC and I'm also thinking that I would like to lose weight because most of my pants don't fit. But knowing that I am not the only one makes me feel better. So thank you for that! I am not overweight but, just like you, I know my body can look better than this and I just don't feel comfortable in it which is the most important thing I guess. I hope you feel better as well knowing you're not alone.
And thanks Floridasian for telling your story too. I see you've grown to like the "earthy" flavour of the yams :haha:

Erin this is an exciting new phase for you. Keep us posted!

Savvy, let us know how your appointment went!!!

Okay girls, I am finally back from my super long appointment and a bit of shopping! The RE was impressed at how organized I was and was glad that I printed my FF charts and used opks. The more info she has, the better she can help me. She agreed with me that my progesterone level is extremely low and that we need to lengthen my LP.

Since I have zero testing, she needs all of that information before she can start giving me meds or work out a plan for me. Luckily AF held off so she is running a ton of tests on CD3. I am also going to schedule an HSG, she said I could wait a few months but I hate to waste more time if there could be a possible issue, she was glad I wanted to have it done now. My husband has to make an appointment for his SA, as long as it comes back normal he is good to go, if not they have a urologist he would need to see.

I really wanted her to check my progesterone today but she talked me out of it, she said when the OB tested it two cycles ago and it was only 7.0, that it is way too low and she will treat me regardless of what the number came back today. She wants it between 10 - 15.

So anyways, it sounds like I get these CD3 tests done, the HSG and my hubby gets the SA and then we go back and figure out the plan, she talked about putting me on meds if needed. She did not mention IUI, IVF or anything else, which I am glad since I want to see what numbers we come back with before getting too much information...my head was already spinning! I am happy with the plan right now and I am confident she will do what needs to be done.

Shopping with the hubby was relaxing, we needed to replace some plants and a rose bush, so we hit the nursery we like and then picked up some fruit and veggies. We also had plenty of time to chat about the house we are hoping to build, everything is starting to come together with that...now all I need is a sticky bfp and things will start looking better around here!

I have to laugh when I think about how I would like to lose like 10 pounds, then I talk myself out of it each month because I figure I would just gain it back if I became pregnant! Regardless if I lose a pound, I want to do the best for my body by walking and eating more fruit/veggies.

MissStacy, it isn't too late to BD! Hopefully you can fit in a session tonight and tomorrow night. Sounds like an adventure running to school today!

Floridasian, looks like you had a good weekend! We have a good sized veggie garden, I hate waiting for the next month or so until the plants start producing veggies. We have tomatoes, cherry tomatoes, beans, cucumber, pickles and peppers. I want to try some fruits next year, like cantaloupe.

Erin, glad you got some good news at your u/s, two eggs are always better than one! Keep us posted on the trigger and IUI.

I know we still have time to BD but I just get a lil frustrated when I have a plan in my head and it doesn't work out. I would have liked to have some swimmers in there ahead of time but we were just too busy to get busy hehe. We will def make up for it though.

Erin your u/s sounds good and if they think you can give it a few more days for the smaller one to grow that is awesome.

Savvy glad you are on the road to getting testing done and hopefully having some more insight to make you feel better about getting things taken care of.

Thanks MissStacy! I know what you mean about having some swimmers waiting and things going according to the plan...I am a huge planner, luckily my hubby is too and we like SMEP, we agree on the days ahead of time. Totally not romantic, I know, but it works for us! :)

Suzy, I don't think it is shallow or even less important than TTC. I think it is all linked. I know I have been worn out emotionally for a while & that contributes to the weight gain...then I feel gross & not want to do anything. It is a vicious cycle. If I could get away with it, I would wear maternity clothes now!

Erin, so excited you have the possibility of 2 eggs. I wish I had had 2, but my RE probably planned my meds that way so I would only have one based on my age...I should have a better shot with one since I am younger. But I would rather have 2 for the boys to aim for. I hope you don't even need IVF this time...then you can save your insurance for baby #2. The plan for 3 cycles & a guaranty scares me even more. I just know I would fork over all that money then get pregnant on #1...which means no refund or discount & you could have just paid less to begin with.

Savvy, so excited for you. I hope the SA comes back ok. I have a good feeling since you got pregnant already. I have heard of some men being put on clomid for count. I wish I had asked about this early on for my husband. But with my new plan, seems pointless since it can take over 75 days to show any results. I feel like your issue could be fixed easily with clomid/femara & progesterone. Good luck!

The fertility clinic left me a message today. I had IUI on Saturday, so my doctor just reviewed my chart today. The nurse said if this cycle doesn't result in a pregnancy, then the doctor is switching me from Clomid to ?Butrisol? I listened to the message a couple times and tried to look up variations of the spelling online, but can't find a darn thing. Anybody heard of (or taking) something that sounds similar? Thanks!

Well baseline ultrasound went great. Lining was good and no cysts. Had a tiny follicle at 11. So started letrozole and will do CD12 ultrasound on June 2 so IUI should be around June 4/5! DH and I had a heart to heart and after this cycle (if it's not successful) we are taking a break from ttc for a little bit. I have to take 2 praxis II exams to get 2 endorsements. Plus I will be interviewing for jobs, hopefully! So ttc stress plus trying to get a job stress doesn't sound good to me. So maybe we can pick it back up in July/August.

I'm glad your scan went well and the lining is good. :thumbup: Fingers crossed this is the cycle for you! Looks like you and I are cycle twins - I'm also CD6 today!

The fertility clinic left me a message today. I had IUI on Saturday, so my doctor just reviewed my chart today. The nurse said if this cycle doesn't result in a pregnancy, then the doctor is switching me from Clomid to ?Butrisol? I listened to the message a couple times and tried to look up variations of the spelling online, but can't find a darn thing. Anybody heard of (or taking) something that sounds similar? Thanks!

I'm not sure. Maybe this list will help.

The following are some of the infertility medications available in the U.S.:

Bravelle (follicle stimulating hormone)
Cetrotide (gonadotropin-releasing hormone antagonist)
Clomid (clomiphene citrate)
Crinone (progesterone)
Dostinex (prolactin reducing)
Factrel (gonadotropin-releasing hormone)
Fertinex (follicle stimulating hormone)
Follistim (follicle stimulating hormone)
Ganirelex Acetate (gonadotropin-releasing hormone antagonist)
Gonal-F (follicle stimulating hormone)
Humegon (human menopausal gonadotropin)
Lupron (leuprolide acetate)
Lutrepulse (gonadotropin-releasing hormone)
Menopur (human menopausal gonadotropin)
Metrodin (follicle stimulating hormone)
Novarel (human chorionic gonadotropin)
Ovidrel (human chorionic gonadotropin)
Parlodel (prolactin reducing)
Pergonal (human menopausal gonadotropin)
Pregnyl (human chorionic gonadotropin)
Profasi
Prometrium (progesterone)
Repronex (human menopausal gonadotropin)
Serophene (clomiphene citrate)
Zoladex ( gonadotropin-releasing hormone analog )

Beaglemom, I'm pretty sure you and I were on the same meds... Weren't you taking 2 pills of 2.5 mg, for a total of 5 mg per day, plus the hcg trigger? That's exactly what I'm taking. I don't think it has anything to do with age. I took these exact meds for IUI#1 as well, and it resulted in only one egg that cycle, so it's just the way it turns out. My RE mentioned that they only ever look for 1-2 dominant follies, and she wasn't using age to determine my treatment cycle since all my test results came back good. She said I would have the same chance with one egg as anyone else. But we were still pleased to see two today.

Savvy, I'm sooo glad your appt went well!! Im sure you're feeling good about these steps! I'm super excited for you, and I bet she'll get your LP fixed up in no time! Glad you had fun shopping! :)

L.Ann....hmm, I can't think of what that would be... I'm very curious though, so let us know when you find out. Fxd that this IUI just works out for you anyway! :thumbup:

Thanks MissStacy and Suzy! Baby dust to you both!:flower:

Hi Floridasian and Michelle and everyone else!

Perhaps they said Letrozole which is the generic name for Femara?

Erin we are the same except I'm also on follistim. That's what I meant with me...i think my injection meds are lower. I wish they were upped a bit to see more mature follicles. But I haven't really researched it. But I saw the paperwork for other people in my class and their dose was higher. I think my age and test results are being looked at positively but I think I want to be more aggressive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->