Stockings at christmas?

mum22ttc#3

Mum of 3
Reaction score
Ive posted this in the toddler section too but thought I would also post here as it kind of applys to both sections.

I know it is still a while away yet but another thread got me thinking.
How many stocking presents do you buy?

I have 3 DDs, one nearly 8, one who will be 3 and Lo. I dont want to go over the top and spend loads but at the same time dont want to get to little. Usaually I spend around 100-120 on a main present (a little less on Lo as she hasnt a clue yet what its about) and always buy the same number of toys etc for a stocking so that there is no difference. I also add items such as a new pair of pjs, clothes etc as well as toys.

Would be interested to see what others do. :flower:

I normally spend roughly £100 on stocking presents and £100 on main presents for Emily and Jack. We don't spend so much on Leah (3) and Holly's (will be 2) main pressies as they don't ask for expensive pressies yet. But I always end up going over budget and at the end of each xmas day I say I'm not spending as much the following year and still end up doing it, lol.

I just get various little things - I try to make it fair by getting 'equivalent' things for each child. A pound coin and a satsuma always go in the stocking too :lol:

I dont spend that much on Stocking Presents, usually just cute little things , that you know they would prefer to the most expensive presents :lol:

For stockings I spend maybe $20-$30? It depends but I try not to spend too much. I just get small toys (toy cars, crayons, play jewelry, etc.) and candy and fill it to the top. And then I spend maybe $100 on a main present.

I don't buy one for kids but I do one for my Dad. I don't have a set budget but I don't really spend much. Maybe £50. I find the bigger the stocking the easier it is because you can get big stuff thats fairly cheap and take up plenty of space.

I reckon a kid could have a pretty decent stocking that costs about £20

The cost of the main present has varied each year.
This year, she's getting a new bike, which we've already priced at €120.
She's also getting a gold bracelet which was €50, and a dolls house which was €55.
I also priced a swing set for her which was €149, and that's before I even think of all her other presents :dohh:
I have budgeted about €700 for both the LO's but I'll probably spend more. I always do. :dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->