stockings

leoniebabey

mam of 2 boys
Reaction score
following on from a previous thread ...

how do you do stockings?
do you set them out in the living room, upstairs?
do you open them first, last, in between?

We have ours in the living room and open them first but i kinda feel it's a bit pointless because the kids are too excited with the big stuff staring them in the face so was interested to hear how others do it and maybe change things up. :shrug:

We leave them on the bottom of their beds, it's how santa lets them know he's been 😊 and we open them before we come down. While we're lying in bed (eating sweets lol) we send OH downstairs to check he's definitely been, love the excitment 😅

We leave them on the bottom of their beds, it's how santa lets them know he's been 😊 and we open them before we come down. While we're lying in bed (eating sweets lol) we send OH downstairs to check he's definitely been, love the excitment 😅

This is exactly how we do it. But OH makes us a coffee while he's 'checking' because we would never get one otherwise with all the madness lol

On the bed here.
They're hung on the mantelpiece with the decorations then they're moved to the bed on Christmas Eve when they're full. Helps get a little bit longer in bed - handy when he wakes at 5am! :haha:

Mine are hung in the living room, but with the comments I think I'll move hers to her bed on Christmas Eve after I fill it. That seems so much more fun.

Ours are in the living room. And we let ds open it whenever he fancies. But the bed idea with ohs going to check and make a tea seems way cooler. Plus an extra few minutes in bed. Might give that a whirl this year.

Hung on their bedroom doors then they bring them too our bed to open first before going down stairs.

Yes mine have them on their bed too. I used to when I was a kid and there's nothing more lovely than feeling that heavy weight at the bottom of your bed abd you move your feet and can hear it crackling. I loved it and my children do too. They then bring them in to our bed to open. Excited now....

The boys hang then on there bedroom door when they go to bed. Santa fills them and leaves them on the end of the bed and they are opened on our bed while we drink tea.

am i the only parent that would be waking my lazy kids up instead of them waking me :') think i'm gonna put them upstairs then!

My boys put there's out in their bedrooms the night before and then I fill them and put them back. In the morning we sit in one bedroom and open them before going down stairs

We hang ours by the fireplace in the living room, then Father Christmas fills them and leaves them outside the bedroom doors (don't want to risk waking them up by taking them in their bedrooms!). The idea is that in the morning they bring them to our bed to open and we get a little longer in bed, but last year they were so excited they opened them on the landing where they found them!

I sneak them in their bedrooms, cos that's what I always had done for me as a kid :) DD1 was quite into it last year but DD2 will still be fairly unaware I think :winkwink:

see when i was a kid i opened mine downstairs but i wasn't as err enthusiastic as my oldest especially :')

Growing up we always did them last after opening all the big gifts. With my kids we do them first to give DH and I some time to wake up, make tea/coffee and for the girls to have something to use and play with while we wait for grandma to get here so we can open the rest of the gifts. They get left downstairs though, usually Santa will leave a small plush or doll in their bed as a surprise when they get up.

We hang them in the living room until Christmas Eve, then on Christmas Eve we hang them at the end of the beds. Then when we wake up in the morning on Christmas Day, we all sit in bed together and open them. It's nice to spend an hour or so in bed with our little but thoughtful gifts, in my opinion it's the best part of Christmas. Then we go down for breakfast and to open the presents under the tree x

We hang the stockings on the upstairs bannister on Christmas Eve then the boys come into our bed to dive into them before we go downstairs.

I hang mine on their door handles of their bedroom. We open them in our bed then go downstairs to open the big stuff.

am i the only parent that would be waking my lazy kids up instead of them waking me :') think i'm gonna put them upstairs then!

Nope lol I wake my kids most years am awake most of the night with excitement 😄😄

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->