stockings

my two are always up early ....... except for xmas day when i'm awake from 4am after waking every hour LOL!

Stockings are hung up on the fireplace until Christmas Eve then we leave them at the bottom of our bed as at the moment both kids are still in with us. We open them in bed before going downstairs. Once they are in their own rooms we will put them outside their bedroom doors.

Our girls have stockings and sacks (because I cant fit much in their stocking)
We will have the sacks up in our bedroom as these are from Mummy and Daddy. Then their main presents from Father Christmas downstairs and whatever I squeeze into their stocking.
My parents always did afternoon presents for us but I haven't done it this year, instead they are having a small sweetie/treat bag in the afternoon.

Another upstairs here. Just now they're hung on the stairs in the lounge but when Santa comes he moves them upstairs. Wouldn't chance waking them by putting them on their bed though! They open them on our bed in the morning, usually so happy and thinking that's the sum of their presents :haha: is that just mine who think that? Ds kept saying yesterday was the best Christmas Day ever, had to explain 342 times that the Santa train wasn't Christmas Day.

Same as others, they are downstairs on the mantle piece until Christmas eve, then 'Father Christmas' leaves them outside his room when he's been. We open them in bed too before going downstairs (we all have a stocking to open, even the big kids :haha:)

We put them right in front of the gifts, and the stockings get opened first. Then we have breakfast, and then we open the gifts. I'm surprised how many people put them in the bedrooms! I'd be too afraid I'd wake them up on a night they are so excited to get up as it is.

Ours goes in front of the tree as I wouldn't chance waking Colin up by putting it in his room. He is a light sleeper as it is.

We normally put ours in front of the presents but this year we are going to stay with my SIL so think that we may put them at the end of our bed so when lo comes into our room we can open them in bed as a family without distrubing the rest of the house. (I do one for DH and myself as well)

Ours go in the bedrooms and are filled in the early hours of the morning (DH sets an alarm on his phone for about 4) so that when the boys wake up, if they are full they know that 'He' has been. The other year one of them came and woke me up at 3 am and said "there's all presents down stairs but our stocking are not full" and I had to say "He must have gone back up to the sleigh to get the rest of them, I bet he is on the roof right now, quick go back to sleep!" When they wake up and find them full they come and get us and rush down stairs and stockings get opened in with other presents.

Stocking left in the bedroom. Both last year and the year before DS thought that was it!

At 2 nearly 3 he was delighted with his stocking.
At 3 nearly 4 he was heartbroken "Santa didn't bring the cars" sob sob sob..

This year I think it will be in the room just to buy extra half hour in bed but he will be reminded Santa leaves things downstairs!

Belle has hers on then end of her bed... Did this when I was little aswell

She's already insisted on hanging hers in her room bless her.... Very eager lol

I've managed to get them to hang them on their bedroom door handles this year. Makes for easier filling ha ha

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->