Stopped BCP & TTC! Whos with me?!

We're doing well. Melody is growing SO FAST! She's 2 months today, and she's already wearing mostly 3-6 month clothes because her torso is too long for most of the 0-3 month clothes! A lot of her one piece footy-pajama style clothes are 6 month because even some of the 3-6 struggle to snap at the crotch! :wacko: Doctor says she's at 95% for height, and she's 11lbs now. She definitely got the height gene from DH, I'm not tall at all! :haha:

At night we cosleep and she sleeps really well, only wakes up usually once around 1-2am to feed (as long as she ate around 9-10pm), and then again around 5-6am when DH changes her before he goes to work. Nap time is another story, we struggle to get her to stay down for more than 10-15 minutes unless she's in her swing or our arms, and so that's our biggest struggle.

I'm a little stressed about going back to work. My mom was supposed to watch Melody but her health took a huge turn and they're trying to figure out what's wrong. She already has crohns and now they're thinking she either has lupus or severe inflammatory arthritis on top of it. She's in enough pain she can't walk and she can't lift over 10 pounds. :( So we're waiting to get test results so they can start treatment, but that won't be until late April and I'm supposed to be back March 27th. Our backup babysitter was my MIL, but this weekend she called and told us that she just found out she has lung cancer. :(

Our 3rd backup is my sister but she isn't available until May because she has classes until early May. So I've asked for a month extension on my leave. Unfortunately FMLA only gives me 12 week and that is up the end of this month so the job has to approve it and, the hard part, I could be required to pay teh entire cost of my insurance instead of just my premium. :nope: That'll be close to $1300, plus no pay. But we've got enough in savings to cover it, it'll just be a tight month. I'm just stressed. I should find outin a couple days if my superintendent will approve the extra leave, my union rep is hoping to meet with her today.

Angel hopefully you can get that figured out.. I'm sure going back to work is going to be rough.

Afm, sorry I have been Mia a bit. We found out our peanut is a little girl and we are very excited. My husband has a bit of gender disappointment but he'll be fine. We scheduled our CPR class, our first interview with a pediatrician, and the hospital tour for the first week of April. Busy week for us lol!!

AJANGEL, how are you doing?

Angel did they have an estimate on how tall she will be? Sorry babysitting plans aren't working out and the illnesses :(

Gagrlinpitt congrats on girl :) have you got over initial shock?

AFM, I'm doing pretty well have had some baby shower planning drama but I'm going to go car shopping tomorrow and can't wait:) I have glucose test next Friday. Not too worried though.

I can't believe it, but Melody started rolling over (front to back) a couple days ago! I didn't know they could do that at 2 months!

We've been having some sleep issues. A lot of friends/family kept telling me to just let her cry it out and I can’t/won’t do that, especially not at 2 months old. But I had a great chat with a friend of mine on Monday. She’s got 4 kids (20 and 17, and two “oopsies” while TTA – 2 years and 5 months!) and she’s had great success getting all 4 to sleep well and sleep through the night (6+ hours) by 3 months old (and only the first did it on her own at 6 weeks, the others needed some “help”). She gave me some pretty helpful advice. The most important being consistency and routine. So now I make sure to do the same thing before every nap and bedtime: swaddle, turn on the heater/fan and the shower white noise machine, bounce her on the yoga ball and sing the same lullaby. Miracle of miracles, Melody falls asleep in under 5 minutes most of the time, 10 min sometimes but almost never longer. :happydance: The hard part is getting her to stay asleep. I put her down in her bassinet and tuck an extra blanket around her because the swaddle sack we are using is too big width wise, but the size smaller is way too small length wise (tall skinny baby). Day 1 she wouldn’t say asleep more than 5 minutes once I put her down, by evening I got one 30 minute nap from her. Day 2 was 10 minutes and then in the afternoon I finally got a 30 and then later a 45 minute nap. Day 3 (yesterday) was the same 10 minute thing all morning, but I got three 45 minute naps in the afternoon/evening, AND at night time she slept 2-4 hours and after night time feeding went back in her bassinet and slept well!

I’m so excited! I don’t mind cosleeping but I prefer to have my bed back, especially as it’s just a queen and the foam mattress is soft enough that my weight makes a dip that causes her to roll up against me – so there’s no space and I am always hot! So morning nap time isn’t getting better as quickly as I’d hoped but afternoon and night are quickly getting better. :happydance:

Lastly – I received verbal confirmation that I will be allowed to extend my maternity leave for another month. I turned in the paperwork to my principal and once my principal signs it then I’ll send to HR and then the superintendent has to sign and the board has to approve it. So much bureaucracy. But my union rep assures me that once the principal and superintendent have agreed the board part is formality. My sister will take over full time baby-sitting May 1 and I’ll return then.

Flueky - They didn't give me an estimate for how tall she'd be. I may ask at the next appointment (4 months). Car shopping sounds like fun! Good luck on the glucose test. Ugh, bad memories. lol

Gagrl - Congrats on the girl!

Angel I'm glad you've got a system for getting Melody to sleep down to an art :)

I bought a toyota rav4 hybrid awd and I love it!!! Better gas mileage than my chevy cruz. The glucose test wasn't bad. I drank the fruit punch flavor so maybe it tastes a bit better than the orange flavor.

I hope everyone else is doing well.

Flueky - I did fruit punch too and it wasn't too bad. The receptionist told me orange is the worst. :haha:

Afm I took Melody to the dr today. She stopped eating lately. She went from 20-30 minute nursing sessions every 3 hours to 3-5 minutes every hour and she breaks off screaming and arching her back. Doctor checked her out and she's still gaining weight at a healthy amount and her ears and everything seem fine. She is congested though. So for now she said to give saline spray before every feeding and try to keep her upright afterward because it sounds like she's also got some possible reflux.

The last two days she's basically refused my breast completely, or only will eat a minute or two. Last night I gave her a bottle and she sucked down 3 oz in a few minutes. So I know she's hungry. I broke down crying because I felt so rejected.

The dr thinks it's probably because I'm keeping her more upright when feeding her the bottle and she has to be mostly laying to nurse due to her size unless we side lay. Still, made me feel awful. Today was the same, she guzzled down 3 oz of formula on the time DH was thawing a bag of breast milk and then she drank another 2 oz of that! :wacko: poor baby is starving. But that was after the saline and bulb syringe so she could breathe better.

I'm just hoping she starts to eat again. I'm pumping 2-3 times a day to make up for every time she won't eat.

It's been awhile so I wanted to stop in and see how everyone is doing.. Fleuk you're getting so close!!

Gagrlinpitt I know it feels slow and fast all at the same time. It feels like a couple months ago we got out bfps. I'm doing okay. I'm losing my mucus plug though. No blood show though. I'm not having contractions either. I'm thinking I'll just mention it to dr next week. Unless something happens in the mean time.

How are you getting along?

Angel?

AJ?

Gagrlinpitt I know it feels slow and fast all at the same time. It feels like a couple months ago we got out bfps. I'm doing okay. I'm losing my mucus plug though. No blood show though. I'm not having contractions either. I'm thinking I'll just mention it to dr next week. Unless something happens in the mean time.

How are you getting along?

Angel?

AJ?

Thank goodness they grow back so unless you start getting contractions or are seeing a bloody discharge I wouldn't freak out. I do agree you should run it by your doctor though.

Things are good here. Have my 31 week appointment tomorrow... We are finally moving into the house this weekend.. a year in the making. I'm so tired all the time and worn out after work that this move is exhausting.

We set up the nursery and our co Ed baby q shower is next weekend..

Now the final wait begins until we get to meet our sweet babies..

Hi Everyone,

I came off of BC May 9, had withdraw bleeding for 5 days, and BD'ed for the very first time last night.

I'm 22 and my DH is 27. I'm really hoping and praying we will be some of the lucky ones that it happens right away for, but who knows?

I hope all of us can get our BFP's soon! :)

Gag hope the move went well and I really hope you enjoy the shower. I was pleasantly surprised by mine being enjoyable.

Towwife, sorry we aren't super active here. The ladies seemed to have either not been active, have babies, or fixing to have babies. I do wish you the best of luck and hope you are quick to conceive. I wasn't lucky but I can't imagine it happening any other time now :)

Flukey and gag- you are so close!! How are you feeling??

AFM, life is so crazy right now. I am changing jobs and we bought a new house! My LO is 10 months this week, time is flying! We finally transitioned him to his own crib in his own room and he's been sleeping through the night, it feels amazing to finally get some sleep. He is 23.4lbs, still super chunky! He has 6 teeth and is really showing his personality now. I'm still breastfeeding, I think I will continue until he decides to self wean. I hope everyone is well, I miss you guys!

Sorry I've been MIA.. things have been very hectic with the move and the baby coming. Had our shower this past weekend and it was overwhelming. We had 50+ people and we pretty much got most of everything we registered for. We still have to buy our stroller/car seat and a couple small things but that's mainly it.

Heading into the home stretch here and can't wait to hold my little girl.

AJangel well I was much closer than expected baby Victoria was born on 5/31 at 12 30 a.m. She went to NICU but only for 17 hours. She was discharged from hospital when I was too. We are both doing well though. Wow you have had a lot of changes. I hope you enjoy your new home and job :) I can't believe he's 10 months already. Time really does fly.

Gagrlinpitt glad it went well. I only had like 2 ppl follow my registry oh well. We had fun though. I'm looking forward to July when you get to meet your baby girl :)

Here's my beautiful girl. She was born at 34 weeks 6 days at 19 1/4 in and 5lb 13oz :cloud9:

Attachments

• 20170605_163502.jpg
    20170605_163502.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 3
Flukey- wow congratulations!!!! She is such a cutie pie!! That is so amazing she didn't have a long nicu stay for being a little bit premature. Did you go into labor on your own? So happy for you!!

Thanks AJ. I know we were so blessed to have her there so briefly. Yes, I did. I had felt bad while working and went to grocery store where my waters broke. By the time I got to hospital I was 3cm. From waters breaking to her delivery was 7 hours!! It was insane and intense but worth it.

Congratualtions Flueky! Glad it was only a short NICU stay for her, she's beautiful!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"