Stopped BCP & TTC! Whos with me?!

Sorry flueky, definitely test again in a few days. But yeah, maybe a gyno trip is a good idea. A 43 day cycle must be so frustrating.

I need some input I think. So I would swear I o'd two days ago, if not maybe yesterday. I had great ewcm the days before that then nothing yesterday. I've felt o pain for the last two days. I was expecting my temp to rise this morning but it didn't. It did dip though. Would that be normal? If my temp doesn't rise tomorrow does that mean I didnt o?

I'm pretty sure I've read that o is a temp dip, then confirmed with a rise. I wouldn't quote me on that. Maybe fertility friend explains it :S

Yes its been a pain. I quit the opks I had cause they were the expensive digital ones. I think I probably had anovulatory cycle. I know they say it can take 2-3 months to get back on track. I suppose 10 years on birth control this is to be expected. Just sucks, though. I'll be alright :)

Yeah, I know where you're coming from. I'm so hyperfocused on my temp and any little change I've never noticed before because I'm so worried about my cycle being messed up from bc. I was on for 15 years and never had a normal cycle. Glad there's somewhere to talk it out though eh?

Yes definitely! Most of the girls I work with are older and not trying or a few years younger and still on the pill. I don't have a sister and my 2 sister in laws don't know. So it's nice to vent and know I'm not the only one. Thanks for listening, pinkpandy. Hope you have a good weekend :)

Pink pandy- unfortunately you can gear up to ovulate and then not.. It seems I've been like that this whole cycle too :-(

Flueky- I'm right behind you on day 33 with no ovulation detected. I keep getting weird symptoms that make me think maybe I'm pregnant but you have to ovulate to be pregnant.. Grrrr I'm also so frustrated!

Ajangel, yeah I'm not positive that I did as I stopped doing opks on cycle day 21. I'm hoping next cycle I will definitely ovulate. I stopped bcp near end of April. It really sucks when you aren't or unsure if you are even in the running due to ovulation (or rather, lack of). Anyways, I think I'll taunt AF by wearing panties and no liners, lol

Did you have a period since april then? How long have your other cycles been since you stopped? I'm not liking the OPKs, no positives and I hate limiting fluids haha

I had period may 30th. Had a 36 day cycle. It was a really light 3 day period. Now I'm still on cycle 2. I hope cycle 3 will be better whenever it begins.

I used the CB advanced digital ovulation tests. You use fmu for them so that was nice. However, they are pretty expensive. I may use them when I get close to a positive on the ic.

Ajangel - how many cycles have you been ttc? And how any of them does it seem like you aren't ovulating?

I still have no temp rise. So clearly I'm not ovulating this cycle either. Pretty annoying after having such good signs that I was about to.

:shrug:

Hi ladies - I'd like to hop aboard this thread. I came off BCP in April after about 10 years on it. 1st cycle was totally typical - 29 days, O'ed a bit late, PMS symptoms were definitely heightened. 2nd cycle was NOT typical - 60 days, no O, and lots of bloating for weeks. AF FINALLY arrived today with zero cramping/back aches (super unusual for me). Anyway, glad to say I'm finally on CD1 of cycle #3 of TTC.
I've ordered Vitex to try to regulate this cycle - any experience?
The last week and a half of last cycle, I added Magnesium to try to bring on my period, which seems to have worked (or just coincidence!)

Welcome maybe! What are you using to chart o? Temping? Opk? Cm?

Hi ladies - I'd like to hop aboard this thread. I came off BCP in April after about 10 years on it. 1st cycle was totally typical - 29 days, O'ed a bit late, PMS symptoms were definitely heightened. 2nd cycle was NOT typical - 60 days, no O, and lots of bloating for weeks. AF FINALLY arrived today with zero cramping/back aches (super unusual for me). Anyway, glad to say I'm finally on CD1 of cycle #3 of TTC.
The last week and a half of last cycle, I added Magnesium to try to bring on my period, which seems to have worked (or just coincidence!)
Hmm, I may try that, I'm cycle day 44 I don't want to wait another couple weeks . No experience with Vitex. Hope it works

Ajangel - how many cycles have you been ttc? And how any of them does it seem like you aren't ovulating?

I still have no temp rise. So clearly I'm not ovulating this cycle either. Pretty annoying after having such good signs that I was about to.

:shrug:

Hi! This is my first month and cycle TTC, I had my withdrawal bleed from my last pack of bc June 9-12 so I'm on cd 34 right now. My temp spiked today so I'm praying I ovulated but I don't want to get my hopes up because my temps keep going up then right back down! :-( what day are you on now? This is your first cycle off the pill too right?

Hi! Welcome! :)
How much mag did you take? I take 400mg daily for GI stuff but didn't know it could bring on AF!

I don't have any experience with vitex, I tried maca for a couple weeks but it gave me killer headaches so I quit!

Yeah it's my first month of bc too. I'm at cd 17. I'm getting creamy cm today and still a high soft cervix.... And cramping... Maybe I'm not out yet. I don't know. I feel so frustrated because it seems like everyone else's symptoms line up all at the same time. It seems weird to be days apart.

So is your temp not staying high for more than one day?

Yeah it's my first month of bc too. I'm at cd 17. I'm getting creamy cm today and still a high soft cervix.... And cramping... Maybe I'm not out yet. I don't know. I feel so frustrated because it seems like everyone else's symptoms line up all at the same time. It seems weird to be days apart.

So is your temp not staying high for more than one day?
What do your cramps feel like? I've had weird pains the last few days, kinda sharp and sometimes shoot down to my thigh and also a dull ache.. So strange! Here's my chart, it was really erratic in the beginning and more stable now so I thought maybe I ovulated but FF hasn't detected it yet so idk. None of my signs line up either! https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/56afe4

Oh and no you're not out!! Not until you start bleeding!

Hi! Welcome! :)
How much mag did you take? I take 400mg daily for GI stuff but didn't know it could bring on AF!

I don't have any experience with vitex, I tried maca for a couple weeks but it gave me killer headaches so I quit!

I was reading up on some of the deficiencies BC can cause after prolonged use and stumbled across a magnesium deficiency (amongst other nutrients/minerals like Zinc and B-6). I only took 1 tablet (50mg) a day for the first week and a bit, despite it stating a dose is 2 tabs (100mg). I took 2 tabs yesterday and bam! AF arrived this morning.

Welcome maybe! What are you using to chart o? Temping? Opk? Cm?

PinkPandy - I'm using Kindara for charting. I've really liked it. So many women on here use Fertility Friend, but by the time I joined the forums, I'd already got into the routine of Kindara. I keep track of BBT and CM. I was using OPKs the last two cycles, but wasn't a fan of having to use two a day and even still missing the chance to get a positive. I just got a FertileFocus to train saliva ferning patterns instead, which I think will be nice (no more ordering 100s of OPKS!) if I can get use to using it.

2 days of high temps.. Please stay up temp!! My husband was laughing at me today because I got so excited about my temp lol. But this is the first time I've had my temp stay up for 2 days in a row.. So I'm crossing my fingers that I o'd!!

Maybe- let us know how you like the fertile focus! If it works well I may look into it as I'm not liking OPKs either.

:happydance:2 days of high temps! Yay for you! That's good to hear.

I'm on day 3 of low temps... I don't know what's going on......

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->