Storchenwiege wrap vs woven wraps

Janidog

Reaction score
After looking at various websites I have decided on two wraps I quite like, but can't make up my mind which one to get. My LO is due at the end of August.

Do I go for the ellaroo woven wrap or do I go for the storchenwiege? I'll be mainly using it to walk to work and back 3days a week which is around 25mins each way, so need something comfy, and of course when I walk the dog.

So which one? Thank you :thumbup:

Storchenwiege is a woven wrap too, I think Ellaroo's are thinner and storches are quick thick x

Jayleigh has both so hopefully she'll come along, I have a storch and think it will be quite warm come the summer x

yeah Storch's are alot thicker and easier to get comfy for a beginner, Ellaroos arent as forgiving but alot thinner so wont be too warm in summer time :D

That was what I was thinking, was whether the storch one would be too thick for the summer (well what summer we do get)

*Enters* I was called? LOL

I have both, I can just about get my Ellaroo comfy,but it's not a shine on my Storch, I personally would always go for the Storch. Their softer, thicker and have tapered ends so slightly longer ends which are easier to deal with.
Having said that, since I've been getting my Ellaroo comfier, I can see myself using it more this summer than my Storch.
If you can afford it, I'd get both LOL but if I had to get just one, it would be the Storch

Jayleighs storch is lovely.

There are a lot of other woven wraps out there that are made of lightweight material aswell as the Ellaroo. Have a look on dedicated babywearing forums, they really help :D

One other thing, my Storch was pre loved and only £45 instead of £60+, I'd always recommend a pre-loved one as their already broken in, my Ellaroo was new and very very stiff and hard, their almost crispy and can take a while to break in. I've had my Ellaroo since January and it's only just starting to get comfortable

Thank you for your advice and I think i will be going for the storch one as I don't think hubby will let me buy one of each and would love to be able to use it through winter

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->