strange sore nips?

tomo69

Reaction score
Hi
Think we're finally getting this bf cracked after problems latching, nipple shields, mastitis. But I still have a sore nipple on left breast we're fine on the right, but the left I've had nothing but problems.
Been breast feeding for 4 weeks now, in the beginning I had to use nipple shields to help lo to latch then expressed the rest and feed her the bottle. Expressing became painful and even with nipple shields on, my nipples were becoming sore (bits of skin coming of them:cry:). Anyway went to a breastfeeding cafe and they showed me how to latch correctly. But still it was painful, so decided to go to the doctors turned out I had mastitis, so have had antibiotics and they've cleared it up. But my nipple is still sore the outside of the nipple is fine its the middle bit thats red raw. Surely if LO latch was off it would be the edge of the nipple. Keep using lots of lanolin and now on actimel to stop yeast, but its no better. Does this should normal any ideas would be great if I can just get this sorted we'll be well away.
Thanks in advance

Sorry, no advice but I have exactly the same thing with my left nipple. I've been using daktarin and an antibiotic cream on it for about a month to little effect.

thanks loopy, any one else have this and solved it

Not sure hun. Did that side get badly effected at the beginning? Reason i ask is, my right side got really cracked and sore at the beginning and took nearly 2 months to get better.

yeah that side has always been bad.

Can eczema only effect one side thought it would be both?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->