strep b

sazibubba

pregnant with 2nd bubba
Reaction score
anyone testing for this? im so confused on if i should or not, i have the kit here at home to do privatly but there are so many pros and cons to doing this it seems. very confused on it all :(

Have a read of the GBS thread at the top of this board. WELL worth reading the whole thread which has scenarios, experiences, research etc and will help yu make an informed choice.

Personally, I would, but have a read of all the info and do what you feel best with. For me, there are more pros to testing, and I would rather test, than not and something happen and me forever blame myself.

i did it, i sent off the swabs yesterday. now gotta wait about 3 days for results. scared :(

Even if your test comes back positive, there are many things you can do to lessen the amount of strep you have and minimize the risk to baby.

i wont be able to have homebirth tho if im positive :S ive been taking prebiotic drinks since i got pregnant to help my ibs and avoid bv and they seem to have worked so far :p

U can still have a home birth with a positive status. I've just supported one last month with a perfectly well mum and baby :)

U can still have a home birth with a positive status. I've just supported one last month with a perfectly well mum and baby

i just found this out too so im over the moon. tnx you for your replies :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->