stretch marks....when???

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by daizee, Oct 12, 2013.

1. daizee

daizee Well-Known Member

was just wondering how many weeks stretch marks appear. i dont have any yet, im not worried about getting them just curious as to what stage they may show.

thanks

2. Joyfulsahm

Joyfulsahm Well-Known Member

I just got some on my hips a little (prob appeared sometime after 25 weeks?)and my boobs (had those for a while since they've grown a lot during pregnancy)and everything else was fine. But around 39 weeks I noticed 2 tiny ones underneath my belly button. I feel like they showed up after I dropped.

3. daizee

daizee Well-Known Member

maybe one or two will appear as i grow. at 32 weeks i still have only a small bump that most people dont believe me when i say ive only 8 weeks to go.

so silly that little bumps want bigger bumps and big bumps want little bumps. hormones or just women but we're never satisfied :blush:

4. george83

george83 Well-Known Member

With my son I had some come up really early on I then started using a stretch mark cream and didn't get any more. This time I'm 27 weeks and just noticed one on the top of my leg but all the blood vessels have burst as well so now it's totally manky :nope:

5. DebbieF

DebbieF Well-Known Member

I just noticed my first one earlier this week. I have been using Palmers Cocoa Butter lotion for months now. I was stupidly hoping that would prevent them..

6. Blah11

Blah11 ☼ Mummy to Amelie ☼

Baby 1 - none til after she was born and my uterus shrunk very quickly lol

Baby 2 - nothing til I went overdue.

Ive nothing yet at 31w this time round but I imagine I'll get some more late pregnancy.

7. pipsbabybean

pipsbabybean Well-Known Member

Baby 1... 39 weeks/gutting
    Baby 2... No new ones, but the one or two that came up before r red!

8. goddessathena

goddessathena Well-Known Member

I had no stretch marks at all until 31 weeks, then BAM! Stretch marks like CRAZY, and they've gotten pretty bad. I've been using Palmer's twice a day since the start of second tri. Totally thought I was going to be in the clear. Oh well. I wear my mommy marks proudly. :)

9. TMonster

TMonster Well-Known Member

None and I am over 38 weeks but I have a pretty tiny bump.

10. zanDark

zanDark <3 IVF mom <3

None which is really surprising as my bump is huge! :shrug: I'm thinking they're going to show up after I give birth.

11. daizee

daizee Well-Known Member

thanks for all the replies... seems that it really is pot luck as to if and when:thumbup:

12. 06UNC09

06UNC09 Well-Known Member

I was hopeful when I had none at about 35 weeks... then an handful popped up under my bump overnight. They are not too bad, fairly light and small. I am hoping they don't get worse, but if they do, they do.

13. calliebaby

calliebaby Well-Known Member

I had none with my first, until i had him. Then two showed up. I had two more show up with my second pregnancy. They are pretty small though.

14. whittnie117

whittnie117 Well-Known Member

I am a big girl to start with and already had stretch marks...Now in addition to my lovely vertical stretch marks, I have horizontal ones that are ALL over my belly. Terrible genetics on that. I got them starting at about 25 weeks or so. Now they are super stretched and purplish clear.

15. fayefirth

fayefirth Well-Known Member

I've got some stretchmarks on my legs/bottom which appeared @ 35 weeks :( all worth it tho! None on my stomach xx

16. lavenderbrown

lavenderbrown Well-Known Member

i had stretch marks on my hips previously and they just got darker and longer as this pregnancy went on. i got them on my boobs first, probably mid 2nd trimester? then towards the end of 2nd trimester i started to get them on my belly. im covered in them now. like, not a single patch of my belly isn't covered in stretch marks. they are painful looking. and they look a million times worse when i scratch them but omg they get so itchy sometimes. im now getting stretch marks down the front of my legs!

17. hoping4bbynm2

hoping4bbynm2 MomOf2BoysNexpecting

I first got them on my boobs at the beginning and now have a bunch under my bump that started at 25weeks :( with my first baby I didnt get a one because my bump was small, this one is a lot bigger

18. missjennakate

missjennakate Well-Known Member

I got mine fairly early, around 27 weeks? I'm smothered in them! It's different for everyone. I've known people not to get any then after baby is born gets them? Now that is just cruel!

19. hoping4bbynm2

hoping4bbynm2 MomOf2BoysNexpecting

Had to laugh at this! It is pretty cruel!! Id be so excited that I didnt get any to see them pop up after baby....ugh!

20. adrie

adrie Well-Known Member

I have 4 on my right hip that I got about 36 weeks, and a couple on my left around the same time. None of my tummy as of yet, but keep in mind, you can get them even after you have given birth.

My good gf told me she got them at 39 weeks, and then they were across her sides and tummy. I guess it just depends. I'm not betting on not getting them...