Strollers

crazycatlady5

Reaction score
I know a lot of you probably have access to different strollers than I do, with all those cute prams in Europe that seem difficult to get here in Canada...

So I'm not even going to get into specific brands etc.

What I'm wondering is - are you ladies that are first time moms making it a priority to get a stroller that can be converted into a double later. I'm sort of looking at a stroller that I think I prefer, but there's another stroller for $100 more that's quite similar only it can be converted into a double, of course you have to buy all these add ons to do that. The one that can be converted into a double has a lot more add ons and is a bit heavier.

For me, it was more important to have a jogging stroller than a convertible one. We picked up running last summer, and don't want to be out of it longer than necessary.

That being said, having the convenience of not needing a "backup plan" when the next baby comes would be nice.:thumbup:

I would say for a first time mom that jogging strollers are just amazing! Even if you don't use it for jogging, they are so much easier to push around, they can be used on different terrain, and are great in the snow. The only bad thing about the jogging strollers are that they are larger, heavier and take more room in the car.

Yeah for me I want something maneuverable as I do a lot of walking, but it's mostly in my suburban neighbourhood.

Lightweight is also important for me, I've got a bad back as it is so I don't want heavy duty on the jogging stroller ones as so heavy. So looking for something in the middle I think.

Well, I'm not a first time mom, but my baby will be 18 months when my newborn arrives, and while that newborn grows up, will eventually be out of a stroller, so I'm buying a single that converts to a double. I'm also in Canada,

I looked at the Baby Jogger City Select but I didn't feel comfortable with the safety belt for the car seat attachment being the equivilant to the shopping cart belts. It just doesn't feel safe. Then I went to Sungglebugz in Burlington where I learned that the Britax car seats, which have a separate adapter system, was actually found to be not safe and not recommended as an adaption for the Baby Jogger City Select, since the car seat wobbles and moves too much.

I've decided on the Uppababy Vista, which, after the second seat, seat adapters, and car seat (buying a Peg Perego), will be $1832...which is a pretty penny, but I love that I can make the stroller grow and shrink with my family, it's stylish, not popular here in Brantford, and if my son wants to walk, even when I have a newborn, I can just pull it out as a single. If he wants to rest, I can attach the second seat and still be pushing a stroller the size of a single. It was easier to manuever, even with one hand. I absolutely LOVE it.

Also, the recall this week only applies to models made between January 1, 2015, and May 31, 2015, and Snugglebugz replaced them all with the updated, post-recall models. This stroller will also save me from having to buy a new stroller to downgrade in the future. To me, worth the investment.

Brandi have you bought the uppa baby yet? Just heads up the price goes up aug 1. So if you've decided on it get it soon!

I'm buying it on Wednesday after my ultrasound. Thanks for the heads up! I wasn't aware.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->