success rate with IUI and clomid? 1st try?

S

snl41296

I have my first IUI beginning of august with 100mg of clomid I would love to know anyone that got a :bfp: first time?

hi hun didn't want to read n run, but im also interested in what you ask im due to start clomiod next month, good luck....love donna xx

I would like to knw also, currently taking clomid, n due for IUI in dec, just feels like its been a long journey. Good luck to u SN, Fx for u

Hello Ladies..

Didn't want to read and run. I had my first cycle of Clomid/ IUI in May... resulted in a BFN. Hubbby has mild sperm issues... and the clomid thinned the lining too much.. so they are going to try injectibles next. We are taking a break from infertility... as hubby is taking proxeed in hopes of increasing sperm count /motility!!

Sending sticky vibes your way!! Fingers crossed!! xoxo x

Yes me! Identical story, first IUI+clomid was a :bfp:. Yay!!!!!!!!

I have my first IUI beginning of august with 100mg of clomid I would love to know anyone that got a :bfp: first time?

Congrats on your little baby boy! Such a cute family!
So did IUI + colmid work for you on the first try? I have my first in June 2012 and am so curious!
I was on 100mg of clomid this month but had to stop ttc because I had to have the MMR vaccination which my blood work showed I am not immune to :growlmad: - frustrating but looking forward to next month!!!

Please respond .. thank you!!!!

Starting my first cycle of clomid in 5days and counting. Well that's when I get it off my GP. Would like to know of any success stories on the first cycle I think they will start me off on 50mg first.. Also did you use anything else or any tips on ttc with clomid. Really excited and don't want it not working hope it does, I have been ttc for 2 years without anything so I am giving clomid a go. ? Please get back to me. Thanks x

I got pregnant on my 1st round of clomid with IUI. 50mg days 3-7 and progesterone suppositories starting the day after IUI til 10 weeks. It worked super well for me as I am expecting twins. Good luck to all you who are still trying. It is possible.

This is good to hear, we've been ttc for 2 years now, completed 1st cycle of clomid this month, not starting IUI until september if not successful.
This is keeping me hopefully.
Congratulations to those of you who's pregrant xx

I got my BFP after my first IUI. I had no symptoms of anything, I'm 5 months pregnant and still have no symptoms, other than me being sleepy. So don't give up hope. I was TTC for 18months. I was on 50mg Clomid for 5 days. I had unexplained infertility.

It kind of depends on what is causing IF. If there are male factor issues then IUI is a good choice because it increases the potency of the sperms. IUI has a 5-20% success rate, closer to 20% when used in conjunction with fertility medications. See link to reference:
https://www.babycenter.com/0_fertility-treatment-artificial-insemination-iui_4092.bc
Pro: lots cheaper than IVF.
Con: 20% success rate isn't that great IMO. And if it doesn't work then you've just used up a chunk of your IVF fund.
My RE wants to go this route but I haven't even had the workup yet so I will wait and see what's causing my IF and then decide what step to take next.

I got pregnant on my first round of Clomid with IUI this month. It was my 2nd IUI though (that one was unmedicated). My RE told me the rate of success is 25%.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->