Suggestions for a vegetarian, non-alcoholic Xmas pudding

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tattoo

Mum of 2 girls
Reaction score
Okay, this is kind of a weird request, but I need a (cheap!) Christmas pudding made with vegetarian suet and no alcohol. And I need it quick!
Here's the story: I teach year four (8/9 year olds) and they've been learning about the Victorians this term. Yesterday we went on a trip to a museum to do a Victorian Christmas workshop, and one of the things they did was mix up a traditional Christmas pudding. I promised to dutifully take it home and steam it for the required seven hours, so that they could all try it. I am not going to steam a Christmas pudding for seven hours. I'm going to buy a replacement pudding from the supermarket, smuggle it into school, and pass it off as the one they made.
Anyone seen a suitable pudding in the supermarket? Ideally Tesco, as it's my nearest shop!

I am fairly sure I have seen one in Tesco that is both vegetarian and non-alcoholic. I cannot be 100% sure but I would be VERY surprised if they don't do one!

Rósa;34318733 said:
You can microwave it, no need to steam

That's what I thought, but apparently it needed to be steamed first? :shrug: I don't know. I'm not a very good cook!
I found one in tesco, alcohol free, nut free, vegetarian, and only £2! That'll do!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"