****Summer Cupcakes Bump Buddies ~ 8 BABY GIRLS & 4 BABY BOYS BORN ****

Hi ladies!

haha... predictions... hmm... I'm hoping he comes on the 28th of June :) Right on my due date! I've just had that date stuck in my head for SO long that I've (somewhat secretly) got my heart set on it :)

Although at the last scan he was measuring 3 weeks ahead, and the mw was mentioning 'induction' if he kept growing and things didn't progress on their own.

So I say, latest-- 30 June!

Re: heartbeat... my mw listens to the hb at every appointment with a doppler, and it tells her the hb (which I ask for at every appointment). It's been varying between 140 - 160 (in more recent appointments it's been closer to 140).

Re: appointments... mine are now every 2 weeks (next one plus scan on May 3rd!) and at 36 weeks they change to every week.

Hope you all are having a lovely day! :flower:

@ strawberry- my birthday is the 24th of July :) (and my mother's is the 27th). People used to joke in the beginning about LO being born near my birthday... and I just laughed. Even if it WERE possible to be that overdue, I'd find SOME WAY to get things going before that!

As it is I'm holding out for a June baby :) I think it'd be nice for LO to have his own month!

Oh yea, and have anyone else's LO's started getting MORE active? Mine was always pretty quiet but in the past couple of weeks he's been REALLY active all throughout the day! Plus he's turned from breech to head-down at least 4 times in the past week and a half (which we saw at my scans too!) I thought they were supposed to calm down as they started running out of room :haha:

@ strawberry- my birthday is the 24th of July :) (and my mother's is the 27th). People used to joke in the beginning about LO being born near my birthday... and I just laughed. Even if it WERE possible to be that overdue, I'd find SOME WAY to get things going before that!

As it is I'm holding out for a June baby :) I think it'd be nice for LO to have his own month!

Oh yea, and have anyone else's LO's started getting MORE active? Mine was always pretty quiet but in the past couple of weeks he's been REALLY active all throughout the day! Plus he's turned from breech to head-down at least 4 times in the past week and a half (which we saw at my scans too!) I thought they were supposed to calm down as they started running out of room :haha:

MORE active? no. still incredibly active? definitely. I think my LO has been more active than most throughout the entire pregnancy, and she's showing no signs of slowing down. i have felt her move every single day since the first day i recognized that she was moving at 16 weeks. it's so painful now, my stomach feels like it's bruised. OH tries to poke it sometimes when she's moving but i won't let him anymore because it hurts so bad. i'm so ready for her to be out already!

Good morning ladies!

It's been really quiet so far this weekend :) Hope you're all out and enjoying the weather!

Today is "Queen's Day" in the Netherlands which is a national holiday where flea markets/yard sales are everywhere and people pretty much congregate, get wasted, and party all day/night... we'll be skipping the "get wasted and party all night" part, but we're still going out to enjoy the chaos a bit :)

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

@ strawberry- my birthday is the 24th of July :) (and my mother's is the 27th). People used to joke in the beginning about LO being born near my birthday... and I just laughed. Even if it WERE possible to be that overdue, I'd find SOME WAY to get things going before that!:

Strawberry & Itsy - How weird, my birthday is 23rd July!!! So funny we are days apart on our own birthdays and also our LO's!!

Maybe it's a Leo thing :winkwink:

That sounds fun. :)Hi everyone,
Well I was glued to the royal wedding yesterday from 7am lol. In the afternoon we went to mothercare to look at a few bits. It's much more pricey there than online so we look and them find cheaper :)

At last we ordered a play mat. Hubby found it online and it's fab. It's a big one with loads of toys on it, colourful but also has black and White patterns which babies can actually see, the sides go up so can be used from birth etc. It's the Taf Toys Newborn Gym and can be used with the sides up, down and with the arches. It's cool.

I think we are going got the Hop Skip Messenger Changing bag in black. My sister wants to buy the bag for us which is great. It prompted me to research them.
The list still goes on of what we need altho we have most of the big things now. Of the big item I think it's just the monitor we need and hubby has been researching them. Need things like pram sun parasol and rain cover, nappy/changing storage box those kind of things.

It's gonna be a sunny day yay.

Breckie time and might try my new yoga DVD too.

Gonna pop to asda baby event today.

Have fun xxxxxx

By the way I meant to ask how is everyone else getting on now With their shopping lists?

my shopping list is nearly done ive only got to get a lampshade for his room and some fitted cotbed sheets and some more cloth nappies & wipes.. going to use disposibles for the few few weeks while we get in to the swing of things but then as soon as the meconium gone and we feel a bit more settled going straight into cloth! ive got a few different ones in my little stash weve gone for the birth to potty sizes so hve to wait for them to fit him aswell!!

I'm done for the nig stuff as we had most of it from my daughter. We just need a crib and moses basket mattress, crib sheets and a couple of bottles.

Then I just need a few bits for my hospital bag.

im done on the big things! just little things like towels and a few blankets! hospital bag is nearly done just got to get a cheap nightie from primarni and some pjs for afterwards!

8 weeks 2 go!

Ah we're all doing well then. Ashley have you started shopping yet? I know your oh wanted to wait.

We got nappies, cotton wool and a brush to clean the bottles with. Not much else for us in Asda. The microwave tommy tippee steriliser we bought at £25 instead of £45 ish was at just £12 in adds whoops!!!

Sat in the garden again having lunch.

Tomorrow we're at a friends for roast beef. We're making cheesecake and brownies tonight to take with us.

Ps I'm on the look out for nighties all the time. Can't find any normal looking ones lol

I still haven't done any shopping really. we have the crib and one set of bedding from my parents. i bought the stroller and one carseat myself. OH is going to need his own carseat. I've got a few bits of clothes from family, and that's it. still haven't done my shopping. the baby shower is a week from today, so after that is when i'll be able to go out and get everything. It'll sure be interesting trying to go shopping by myself for everything we're going to need. Then again, I'm mostly an online shopper so I'll probably just stick to that. Always find way better deals online and save a bunch of money. :)

ooh, and guess what everyone? ONE MORE WEEK OF SCHOOL!! then i'll be on summer break until the end of August!!!!!! I'm so happy! :)

I finally did my pregnancy yoga DVD. The main section. It was pretty good altho frustrating I couldn't do a lot of the old poses I used to do. What it's done is highlight the tension in my body! Especially my neck. I'm left stressed and uptight. Very strange. I will keep going with it as a lot of it was great. My yoga mat on wooden floor isn't comfy at all and propping my self up ( knees usually) with cushions just puts me off balance. I should feel fantastic after all that and I feel crap. I feel grumpy lol. I don't get it unless it's released toxins or something. Anyway I'll chill now and maybe having a bath. I couldn't even do the proper relaxation part as it's too uncomfortable.

Went for an hour walk last night which was nice. At a friends for dinner this afternoon. They're doing roast beef and we've made New York cheesecake and brownies (may have said that yesterday). Looks like we're visiting other friends tomorrow too.

I've been feeling so great (mind wise) and now I feel grouchy! I better sort myself out or I'll be barking at poor hubby for no reason.

eeeeeeeeeeeeek how exciting girls! cant believe its NEXT MONTH!!!!

It could be next month for me if i'm a few days early :) ohhhh I love May.

wooohooo next month it's our turn girls!! SO excited... although most of us I bet will be July :winkwink: who knows...

Hmmm shopping... we did a fair bit this weekend, big items really as we're waiting til after my baby shower to see what we get! My baby shower is only on the 4th June, hope its not too close to the due date (esp if she's early) but every weekend was taken up before so it was our only choice... I did really want to do it in May!

So we went to Ikea, bought a changing table unit (i'll try attach pic), we also bought shelving which we've already put up for extra storage.. Another thing we did was buy a small curtain rail that attaches to the ceiling, and have put up a muslin net that goes around our bed, so it looks 4 poster!! and also then we can read at night without disturbing LO as she'll be in our room until we move. My rooms a mess right now but I'll take a pic later to attach.

I sorted all her clothes yesterday and she has TONS already!! The only thing we need is vests, have none of those yet.
Bought some newborn nappies too. I can't WAIT to pack the hospital bag, might do that in the next couple of weeks.

Other big news is... DH bought a new car yesterday!! We didn't have one (living in London you really don't need one) so this is HUGE news for us. It's VW golf in dark blue and looks brand new. I'm so excited. Luckily the flat we rent has a garage too which we've never had to use before - so thats really handy.

Bump wise everything is fine... this might be a bit TMI :blush: but me and DH are not having a lot of BD at all.... is anyone else like this? Feel like we should maybe try harder since it'll be a long time when LO gets here before we can BD again.. I don't know... it's about every 2/3 weeks now.. Are we normal?!?!

Attachments

• leksvik-changing-table-cabinet-antique-stain__72490_PE188267_S4.jpg
    leksvik-changing-table-cabinet-antique-stain__72490_PE188267_S4.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG-20110501-00286.jpg
    IMG-20110501-00286.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 2
Yep you're normal :)

Great that you got shopping done. We're doing it bit by bit each day.

I feel like a different person after a very long bubble bath. Huge help.

I've been thinking about water births lately. I think my hospital has pools but I'm going to look into it. I think it would help keep me relaxed. Anyone thinking of having a waterbirth or at least using the birthing pool for some of the time?
X

ah thanks Starglow :)
i'm definitely wanting to get in the water - our hospital has pools (I think about 8) but obviously first come first served! I was in the water with Kai until the pain became too much and I had to get out to have an epidural. But I had no pain relief whatsoever before then as I was being sick and feeling so nauseous, so no gas & air or anything. I did like being in the water though, and would like to try again.

I'm also trying to look for a nightie or something to wear while in labour - I have no idea! I wore a loose string vest last time and then was completely naked in the water!! Now I know people wear bikini tops or bras or t-shirts in the water - my poor midwife must've thought I was a bit weird :haha:

lily i cant remember the last time me n my oh did the deed lol :lol: i really just dont want it and it feels uncomfortable :/

i want to try a pool too :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->