****Summer Cupcakes Bump Buddies ~ 8 BABY GIRLS & 4 BABY BOYS BORN ****

Some people go naked in the pools hun. Wouldn't be for me. I'd wear a long vest top in the pool and a long t-shirt type thing for the actual birth maybe. I was told buy something cheap to bin after!

I asked yesterday about nursing bra's and was told to get fitted at 35-36 weeks.

I'm so glad my NCT classes (2 full Sunday's) are just before my next midwife appointment. I'll have an idea of a birthing plan so I can ask her about it. My nhs class hasn't come through yet!

We're planning on another long walk tonight when we're back from our friends. Its really nice time out for us and at least some exercise for me.

X

Hi ladies!

Lilly-- I agree, you're normal! :) I'd say we're also on a once every 2 - 3 week average as well. I don't think that will change till close to my due date when I'm trying to get things started :haha:

re: shopping lists... I think we have most of the 'big things'. For the room itself we just need curtains, we're finishing the sanding/finishing of the last piece of furniture today... this week we're planning to buy the crib/cot mattress and a first set of sheets/blankets plus a changing mat for on top of the dresser. I think there are only a few things we "need" still:

1) Bedding etc for baby (mattress, sheets, etc)
2) Trash/diaper bin for in nursery
3) Baby monitor
4) Diapers
5) Clothes/underwear for before/after labour/birth

Things I want but with lesser priority :):

1) Burping cloths
2) Swing/boucing chair
3) Mobile
4) Extra bedding set

I'm pretty sure I'm forgetting something as well, but I'm feeling pretty well prepared!

The hospital I'm going to doesn't have birthing pools, but I'm planning on being at home for as long as possible so maybe I'll sit/stand in the shower as I've heard that helps too.

I also have 2 nursing bras and will plan on getting more once I start bf'ing, as I was told that the size can change a lot in the first week!

totally normal lilly ! i havent had it for 5 weeks! OH understands tho! i just cant be arsed! plus my heartburn is awful when i got to bed to nookie is the last thing on my mind! i will need him when i start getting to my due date tho! :lol: had my hypnobirthing cd through and got my raspberry leaf tea tablets need to get some epo aswell ! im so organised its unreal! although im sure i havent got something but i cant think what it is!

hey girls... thanks for letting me know i'm totally normal! thing is DH is not pestering me either which is a relief i guess but also weirdly I kind of want him too just to feel wanted! We're like the cuddling couple at the moment, but I agree I'll get him on board again when I want this LO to come out!! :haha:

Just been looking at Babies R Us catalogue, really amazing value! I've ticked a few things I want:

Electric breast pump (after a few months i'll be expressing occasionally)
Baby Monitor
Bouncy Chair
Car Seat mobile

We've already got an infant Maxi Cosi car seat from a friend which is handy, and my BF is buying us a cot mobile.

It seems SO real now with everything up!! So exciting :happydance:

did you sign up to get the free breast pump from nuby girls? i chose the steriliser and it came within a week! and its totally fab! i will get you the link! x

Pregnancy is an exciting and emotional journey for mums and dads alike. One of the many proud moments in the journey is receiving your baby scans!

Show off your beautiful baby scan on NUBY UK facebook page to participate in the NEW NUBY SCAN PROGRAM*. All submissions will receive a FREE Nuby breast pump** AND be entered into a FREE PRIZE DRAW to WIN £200 worth of baby products on June 13th!

Official Rules to Enter & Receive your FREE breast pump

Step 1: Like the NUBY UK page, www.facebook.com/nubyuk

Step 2. Email your 18- 22 week baby scan to [email protected] with :
Parent's First Name:
Parent's Last Name:
Email:
Telephone:
Baby's Due Date
Post Address:
Breast pump OR*** Steriliser: (please select one)

Scans submitted must be the scan taken at 18- 22 weeks of pregnancy. Scan dates must be visible, legible, and taken after July 1st 2010 .

***If you have already purchased your breast pump or just prefer a microwave steriliser instead of a breast pump please state, STERILISER in your email with your information and scan image. If STERILISER is not written a breast pump will be posted.

You can also upload your scan to Nuby UK's facebook wall, www.facebook.com/nubyuk .

Once your scan has been emailed to [email protected] approved scan photos will be uploaded to the NUBY BABY SCAN ALBUM and the FREE breast pump will be posted to you.
Approved photos will be uploaded. Steps 1 & Step 2 be completed for you to receive your FREE breast pump.

*Entrants must be currently pregnant and reside within the UK
**Breast pumps received will be NUBY electric, manual or mini. Scans will be accepted up till June 12th 2011. One breast pump or microwave steriliser per household .
you need to be on facebook tho xxxxx

Hi ladies, we haven't DTD either for a while, I'm uncomfortable and I think DH is a little freaked out by my bump now.

I got some blankets, sheets and changing mat from the Boots 3 for 2 sale this weekend. I also went to the asda event and picked up TT breast pads, TT grooming kit, some nappies and wipes. I still need to get:
Travel cot & cotbed mattresses
monitor
carseat base
clothes
bedding bale

But I'm waiting til after my baby shower.

It's so nice to know that we're due next month, LO is kicking and moving around so much I hope I'm not overdue.

I've been off work since maundy thursday, not looking forward to going back on Tuesday but at least it will only be for 4 weeks.

hope everyone had a nice weekend!! the weeks are flying by!!

we finished painting lo's room this weekend and oh put the curtain pole and canvas's up... just waiting for gran to take the curtains up as they are 6 inches too long and then got a tall half width bookcase coming next week i was just going to use a shelf above the changer but figured that isnt going to be enough storage for all my cloth nappies and wipes and bedding etc!!

i started writing me list for things to do to keep me occupied during maternity leave so tempted to start alot of it now when im bored but i might aswell leave it!! only have 9 days in work as it is as tomorrow is another bank holiday!!

Just a quick post to say Hi and i am still here. I am working solid atm on my uni assignment. I will catch up with posts as soon as i get chance, hope everyone is well :)

morning girls (and hey lolley! nice to see you!)

So as you know we don't have a nursery unfortunately, baby will be in our room indefinitely or until we move house.

So we've made some adjustments to our room, had to store my dressing table to make way for the cot (a small space saver one from Kiddiecare) and changing table unit. Our room isn't massive but we do have an absolutely giant bed (super king size) which I didn't want to give up. The cot's not made up with her bedding yet, mattress still in wrapper. Also I've put the cot bumper up but I'm still confused as to whether it's safe or not. What are the guidelines with cot bumpers?!

Anyway here are some pics!!

Attachments

• IMG-20110501-00289.jpg
    IMG-20110501-00289.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG-20110501-00290.jpg
    IMG-20110501-00290.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 10
Morning all sorry been off a couple of days, been bit busy out and about, hairdressers and parents Friday with friends Saturday afternoon and cleaning up the house and baking yesterday as dh's sister and brother coming round at lunch today and requested some freshly baked buns/muffins, so I made blueberry and strawberry muffins.

Hope you have all had a good weekend.

Yep Lilly seems we are all in same boat here on the bd'ing it's been about 4 weeks here, dh not pestering which is good but I'm with you on wanting to feel wanted, I tend to go bed first by a couple of hours and get up first (nice and early) which doesn't help matters :lol:

The shopping list is about complete here, all major things have been bought we just need bedding and blankets really. Curtains and lightshade for nursery but no rush on that. I need to do my hospital bag, I have bought some matty pads and disposable knickers this weekend, need to find a nightie and get more bras fitted at 35 weeks'ish.

Starglow hope you had great evening at friends, the cheesecake and brownies sound yum!

hch I can't do the Nuby thing as don't have a Facebook account :nope:

Lolley I hope your not working too hard hun and that you get done real soon :thumbup:

BBQ later for us just hope the breeze we have had which has made it bit cooler goes today fx'd, my hayfever is at crazy levels now :(

Have a good bank holiday everyone.....wow 32 weeks tomorrow, congrats to you hch *belated*

Lovely bedroom Lilly, I have also put my cot bumper on my cotbed but it looks small :shrug: will be using moses basket at first so will have time to figure that out. Not sure on guidelines found this bit of info, it seems there is mixed feelings:

Research into cot bumpers has produced neutral results. On the positive side, they don't have bad effects, so are considered safe to use in the cot. However, if they've got strings to attach them to the cot, they could be pulled by older babies. Some experts recommend avoiding using bumpers with babies who can sit unaided.

I also read you need to make sure they are attached so that they can't pull at them the chew or suck on.

I have noticed in Jojo Maman Bebe they have some different bumper guards which I liked look of here's the link: https://www.jojomamanbebe.co.uk/sp+Nursery-Bed-Bumper-Bumpsters+B9934

Hi all, been out and about the last few days.

Got lots of stuff sorted for the baby now. The crib is in place and so are her drawers.
She will be sharing our room until we move as our house is only a 2 bed.

I too am hoping for a water birth and I'm going to take a tankini top, but tbh it'll probably end up annoying me and I'll take it off.
I also have and old nightie that I used in labour with my daughter so I will be using that again if I'm on dry land.
Annoyingly though our primark has stopped selling the button down nighties grrr...

And on the DTD front, it's not too often here either as it's too uncomfortable and leaves my hips hurting for days, so I'd rather not bother!! lol

Hi everyone.

Yes I think cot bumpers are safe until lo can pull at things. Lilly your room looks lovely.

We had a fab time yesterday and the guys are helping us decorated the lounge and kitchen this coming weekend. I'm so chuffed with this. They helped us years ago and are fab at decorating. So we'll be doing a massive BBQ for them on the day :) it'll be all lovely and fresh for when my sister arrives after which is great and more importantly before baby arrives. ;) yay!

I think we'll be out and about buying a few bits later, some housework, visiting friends today. Eewwww work tomorrow but hey the sooner I work the sooner maternity leave starts!

Hey funny I have to go to bed too earlier than hubby and up well before him too. I can't lie in anymore and I get too uncomfortable on the sofa late at night when bed is calling me.

Had such a pampering day yesterday with bath, hair mask, nail painting etc ..... So nice altho it's funny how long everything takes while pregnant.

Have fun everyone x

im going to be using our cot bumper until i see it isnt suitable to do so.. baby is in the feet to foot position anyway so unless have a wriggly roller it should be okay until they start sitting etc.. if they were that unsafe they really wouldnt sell them.. just check them regularly to make sure they are fixed tightly!!

lilly your room looks lovely!!!

thanks girls :)

Another bedding question... so when I had my son they didn't have the dreampod sleeping bag things, well I never remember seeing them before - anyway, is it safer to use one of those for LO to sleep in? Or do you use a sheet and blanket tucked in.. I can't remember!!

I know you can't use quilts until they're one year. What is everyone else doing bedding wise?

to begin with i have swaddled baby in a blanket til he figured out how to get his hands out then i have bought the sleeping bags! tbh they were a god send as i was always worried in the winter he would get cold but the bags were fab! i have bought a swaddle blanket from the growbag people! it looks fab! x

so in answer to your question as i forgot to answer :lol: is swaddle and a blanket until she no longer likes to swaddled then you can put her in a sleeping bag x

I'll be using swaddling blankets (I have 2 from Summer infant and just ordered a miracle blanket) then will move to sleeping bags.

My only worry about sleeping bags is that they are sleeveless, don't their arms get cold?

I don't like the idea of swaddling at all. Babies like to have their arms up and I hate the thought of them being wrapped up like that restricted. I'll be using the holey tiny blankets , one or two if needed. That's just me tho of course. Not getting the sleeping bags.

Ended up having a nice day at home with hubby. neck and shoulders very sore and stiff so hubby has been massaging me which is lovely.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->