****Summer Cupcakes Bump Buddies ~ 8 BABY GIRLS & 4 BABY BOYS BORN ****

Thanks ladies, I think I'll just get sleepsuits and vests in newborn and then the rest will be 0-3.

Hi ladies and bumps :)

I caught up on posts yesterday.

It's my birthday today. As we are Summer Cupcakes due to most of us having birthdays near-ish to our due dates, I'm sure we'll be having a few birthdays coming up.

Hubby suprised me last night with an iPad 2 and a teddy (probably my last before baby has them all lol). He came home early and we watched the Reading v Cardiff footie match. I actually stayed up. Amazing lol!

We'll do dinner on Saturday night as we're both working long hours today.

Yesterday I left work a bit early. Im fine till lunchtime and then my body and mind want to sleep so I'm finding afternoons and evenings very difficult.

Anyway. I feel old lol!!!!!!! Spotty and giant lol. I'm looking forward to losing all the symptoms after baby arrives :)

Have a great day xxxxx hugs

happy birthday Starglow!!!! :cake: :cake: Hope you have a beautiful day :flower: Wow ipad 2 spoilt girl!!
Yeah i forgot a lot of us are near our due dates... mine's 23 July so LO will already be a few weeks old!

I had a rubbish night sleep last night, frenetic dreams, uncomfortable, pillows thrown on floor. boo! natures way of preparing me for LO's arrival? i'm SO tired.

Have day free today so may just rest up as much as I can.

Thanks Hun. Yep i have lots of nights like that and then feeling wrecked next morning. I was all ready to leave for work and my first hour student is sick so I'm now flaked out on the bed. zzzzzzz have a lovely day. X

happy birthday starglow :)

have been in agony with my left leg to the point where i was actually in tears over the pain yesterday :( its all around my groin and bum cheek and down my left leg its awful :( also woke with my one of toes completely numb! i hope the mw will help me today as i cannot go on any longer with this pain! also i find out if baby is still breech! hope everyone has a lovely day xxxx

Hey all wow lots to catch up on in a day! Very chatty which is nice as gives me something to do @ work!

Starglow Happy Birthday :cake: Hope you have a lovely day, super present - what a lovely dh :happydance:

Itsy glad your gtt turned out fine, hope your bp doesn't rise no higher fx'd!

Mama I'm also considering cutting short my time at work just after how aching and bad I felt last night out of the blue, maybe just by a week.... going to think on it. I had terrible rib/back pain nearly brought me to tears and groin pain which is getting more constant :( I have 3 weeks left after this week hmmm . . . .

Strawbs glad your mw appoint went well and that you renjoying matty leave x

Lilly yay for lo turning :dance:

Ashley I get a dull aching feeling down in lady garden I think it's when lo is pushing against cervix or something :shrug: it's something I have had since the beginning of the pregnancy, definately feeling the pressure against my bladder, back to toileting 3 times a through the night! Fabulous pictures really professional and you look great! :D

hch I am looking into tens machine after a work friend swore by it when she had her children said it was fab, I may buy one on eBay as some are pretty reasonable prices compared to the hire charge. I started on RLT last week although just had it about 3 days, one cup a day. I find quite pleasant to drink. Wanted to start on epo but dh wants me to wait another couple of weeks, he's bit nervous about that bless him.

I'm only sure of the braxton hicks I get when it feels like a stitch I'm sure I'm getting more....

Right try do some work now, have a good day all xx

Morning!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Starglow! Have a lovely day.

I feel a bit breathless and jittery today. But going to wash some of baby's things!

I have a last minute wedding to go to on friday...arghhh...what to wear!?? I'm going as my mums 'date' as my dad can't get the time off work.

OOOoooohhh we have finally decided on our baby's full name ;) but it's a secret :p

Oh good luck in finding something to wear Ailey, take it easy if you feeling jittery x

Happy Birthday Starglow!! I hope you have a fabulous day!

Lilly- yay for LO turning!!!

Glad to hear the rest where mw appointments went well :)

Ailey, have fun at the wedding!

Mama, we also don't have many "newborn" sizes (but they're estimating that LO will be 9+ lbs, so I'm not sure he'll fit!) We haven't bought a lot because we've already been warned by my mother that she's bringing a suitcase full of baby clothes when she comes to visit next month. We have about ten 0 - 3 month bodysuits/outfits and will buy more if needed after LO is here...

I also packed my hospital bag this weekend! We got an information packet from the hospital that they will provide everything needed for baby & after birth while we're there (i.e. diapers, maternity pads, etc). I packed a couple of each just as a backup, but otherwise I just packed 2 outfits for LO (in different sizes), toilet stuff (shampoo, toothbrush, etc), PJ's, clothes to go home in, nursing bra, etc. Now just need to figure out what I want to labour in, but otherwise we're ready!

I've been having awful pain in my back (like someone is stabbing me in the middle of the right side of my back!) ever since yesterday afternoon... it only goes away when I lay down! Nothing else seems to be helping :(

On the bright hand side... tonight we have the re-scan for our 3D scan since LO wasn't in the 'right' position last time. Here's hoping we get some good pictures tonight!

hope your scan goes well itsy!!!

weve got most of stuff in 0-3 but ive got about 10 vest 10 sleepsuits and some little dungarees in newborn just in case.. i dont think our baby is going to be very big we were both quite small when we were born and surely i cant fit a huge baby in there :lol:

Thanks everyone.

Hey my pelvic bone feels like it's breaking in two as it's loosening ouch!!! Hope everyone is ok ..... It's manageable for me at the moment.

Hospitals here ... We have to bring everything for baby down to a top and tail ( or margarine tub) to use to wash the baby. I couldn't believe this!!!!

We're meant to have a sunny weekend south UK this weekend. I hope so. Hate these grey days .

Off to chillax before more work. X

happy birthday starglow :)

have been in agony with my left leg to the point where i was actually in tears over the pain yesterday :( its all around my groin and bum cheek and down my left leg its awful :( also woke with my one of toes completely numb! i hope the mw will help me today as i cannot go on any longer with this pain! also i find out if baby is still breech! hope everyone has a lovely day xxxx

Hope you're ok lovely. Let us know how your mw appointment goes xxx

Morning!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Starglow! Have a lovely day.

I feel a bit breathless and jittery today. But going to wash some of baby's things!

I have a last minute wedding to go to on friday...arghhh...what to wear!?? I'm going as my mums 'date' as my dad can't get the time off work.

OOOoooohhh we have finally decided on our baby's full name ;) but it's a secret :p

Aaaaaaahhhhhh a secret even from us!!!! Boo lol

happy birthday starglow! what a great gift you got! :thumbup:

I was watching the new episode of 16 and Pregnant last night (have no idea if you guys get that show over there) and the girl had her baby shower at 35 weeks, then went into labor and had her baby the very next day! made me want to change the channel because that's just next week for us! i do NOT feel ready to have a baby here next week!! guess that means i should really finish up with my shopping and pack the hospital bag. OH keeps telling me to just go ahead and pack it because he's SO certain LO is going to be here early. His bday is June 4 and he keeps saying maybe she will be his bday present! I keep reminding him that is only 2.5 weeks away!! crazy. maybe i'll get out of the house today and have a nice day full of shopping. have to remember to take it slow though, esp since i'll be alone. would hate to stop in the middle of a store about to pass out from exhaustion lol

How come you're all getting estimate baby weights? How do they do theses? My midwife has never mentioned her weight. At 28 weeks when I had that scan they old me she was 2lbs 2oz but nothing since that.

Isn't it funny watching our bumps moving about. X

Yeah we get 16 and pregnant here. I'm the same I just want to get everything ready but too tired while working :(

Happy birthday starglow, what a nice gift you got! Did your hospital tell you to bring a top & tail bowl? I've never heard of that!

I've never watched 16 and pregnant, I always presumed it glamourised teenage pregnancy, maybe I'll watch one...

Went to the GP today, apparently my iron levels have not gone up much since I started taking iron at 28 weeks. He's prescribed me more iron and said I'll probably be on it for the rest of pregnancy and after delivery. He also said that when I see my midwife next week she may discuss the need for an iron transfusion / infusion if my levels are considered to be low at my next blood test.

hey girls! been to the mw and i have sciatica and there is nothing they can do until baby is here which might be sooner then the 25th!!! baby is still breech (she said i didnt need to go for a scan as she is 100% sure he is breech, head in my ribs and bum to the left side ) she is giving baby 2 weeks to turn and then she has to send me for a scan and then they will book me in for a c section at 38 weeks if he is still breech OMFG!!!!!!!!!! i really dont want one so im doing all i can to get this monkey to move! she said its the reason i have chronic heartburn too as he is pushing himself upwards :(

starglow i get estimated weight chart as i have had two children already so they estimate what the weight will be by my boys birth weight x

mama afrika hope there is no need for a transfusion after the birth x

Wow mamafrica that's mad about your iron.

We need to check with our hospitals if they provide one but they don't always. Found this out at antenatel classes! How silly. It's just so we can wash our babies easily x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->