****Summer Cupcakes Bump Buddies ~ 8 BABY GIRLS & 4 BABY BOYS BORN ****

Wow, lots to catch up on!

Good to hear from you, Flybee

Ashley I'm hoping to make it with just gas & air, but I won't rule out the epidural if I'm really struggling. Love the bag as well!

Lilly, love the pram and bag, we haven't set ours up yet, need to do it soon.

I was meant to work until 3 June but I've had enough and I'm stopping on 27 May, so 9 working days left! I've just been struggling to sleep with rib pain, breathlessness and pelvic/hip pain. I'm exciting about my baby shower this saturday, it was meant to be a small affair but the numbers are topping 30 now! At least it'll be out of the way and I can get the remainder of the stuff on my list straight after.

lots to catch up on! you are a chatty lot!!

hope everyone is well???...

i had midwife today bump is measuring at 35 weeks but midwife not worried he is still head down and back out the front where he should be just got to wait for him to move down now :) also i didnt realise id been having braxton hicks contractions but while my midwife was examining the bump she she told me i was having a few!! least i know what it feels like now!! lol scary though she said he could be here in 3 weeks if hes early or 8 weeks if hes late.. very scary when think about it like that!!

lilly - i LOVE your pram! anything black is entirely out of the question for me here, i would literally bake the baby! and i'm entirely jealous of that birthing center!! i love that it has a double bed, OH has to sleep on a pull out couch that's next to the bed in my hospital lol i hope you go in on a non-busy day so you get to use one of those rooms!

sounds like a lot of us are open to the option of an epidural or other type of pain relief but hoping to get through on our own then. we don't have gas and air here, have never heard of someone using a tens machine except for posts here on bnb, and i don't want any other type of pain relief via injections, so it's pretty much going to be all or nothing for me. like itsy said, i'm kind of just hoping i hold out long enough that it'll be too late to go back and say i want pain relief! lol for me, it's not because i just want to say i did it, but because i think it's the best thing for my baby AND for my own body.

Yeah strawberry I got told we're having braxton hicks all the time but a lot of us won't notice them especially first time. Lol. Funny!

Same here Ashley .... The double bed looks great. Poor hubby will be on some crappy chair x

starglow, funny you said that a lot of us don't notice them the first time around... i haven't had anything i'd call a bh contraction, but i have no idea what i'm really looking for lol i do have times when my belly gets really tight, but i think it's just LO moving around because i get a distinct LUMP wherever it's tight and it hurts! after massaging a bit it always goes away. i'm having a non stress test done at my next appt next tuesday, but i think that only measures the heartbeat and not any contractions.

anyone else having a sore feeling *down there*? i know baby is head down (has been for weeks) and when i walk a lot of times i feel her bouncing on my bladder lol but lately my lady bits feels sore when i'm walking sometimes. kind of like if OH and I had :sex: is the best way i can describe it LOL think maybe it's just the pressure of baby's weight starting to take it's toll?

Ashley ive been a bit sore down there too lol!! like its swollen ive jsut been putting it down to baby weight midwife said that baby should move down the pelvis soon.. hopefully!!

wow chatter boxes!! i still havent caught up! so im sorry if i miss anyone out! my brain doesnt hold much info at the minute! :lol:

lilly i really recommend the hypno birthing cd its so relaxing! cant wait to give it another go 2moro when jack is back at nursery :) also i love your pram and changing bag! fabulous! also majorly jealous about your birthing centre! it looks amazing!

flybee glad you are feeling better :)

Ashley do they not have tens machines in america? im hoping it will help through the the early stages of labour along with my birthing ball and then using my hypno birthing cd! im actually really excited about going into labour! i really hope i dont have to be induced! i think we should start making predictions day weight etc! eeeek! cant believe we dont have much further to go!

will have to go back and read some more as i have forgotten already!

I've been feeling braxton hicks for the past 2 weeks, they aren't painful but if my bladder is full they very uncomfortable. I'm feeling lots of pressure down below as well. She's head down but I'm sure she'll be engaged soon. We're 3 weeks away from being full term!

hch - i'm not sure if anyone in america uses tens machines for anything, i had to google and do a lot of research to even figure out what it was! it IS mentioned in one of my pregnancy books, but only in one sentence. i think here if they are used at all it's mostly in chiropractor's offices? not too sure.

Had to post - I'm so excited! I spent ALL day and several hours into the night preparing for, taking, and editing these photos... so difficult to choose just a few to show to you guys! I did it all myself, no one was even home :happydance:

here's a link to the album on facebook if you want to see more!

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1655445757610.2075169.1581060081&l=5b96bc3c65

Attachments

• IMG_2236.jpg
    IMG_2236.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_2324.jpg
    IMG_2324.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_2357.jpg
    IMG_2357.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_2394.jpg
    IMG_2394.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_2420.jpg
    IMG_2420.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 10
Fab Ashley :) you had a busy day then. Aw you should have modelled through your pregnancy. Great pics xxxxxxx

Had to be in bed by 7pm last night. Just didn't and still don't feel great. Boo. Bring on my week off in 2 weeks so I can rest.

Have a good one everyone x

Ps I'm borrowing a tens machine from my sister to use as soon as contractions start. She didn't use it early enough so it didn't work and just annoyed her but I'll give it a go.

Ashley your pictures are beautiful! so jealous of your fabulous figure!

its official i have started drinking a cup of RLT!!!!!! i now have the tablets and the tea bags but for now im on one cup a day til 36 weeks then will up the dosage! :)

Ashley, the pics are gorgeous!! Congrats on getting them done by yourself! They really look amazing (and so do you!)

Re: tens machine... I had also never heard of it before BnB! I also won't be using one (wouldn't even know where to get one)

Ashley beautiful pics!!! You look amazing.. I agree with Starglow you should've done some pregnancy modelling!!

Hch I bought some RLT the other day but haven't had any yet... might have my first cuppa today! :wohoo:

I'm just about to leave for my MW appointment girls... will let you know how it goes!

xx

Ashley - lovely photos!

HCH - I'm planning on taking RLT tablets, will pick them up soon.

Will anyone be taking EPO as well?

well girlies im loving maternity leave running outta things to do though we had a flat inspection today so it all got a good cleaning yesterday... typical!!.. so ive stuck some baby stuff in the washing machine... suprising how much will fit in there because its all so tiny :)

Just got back from seing the midwife, all is fine, she's given me some leaflets to read about a birth plan.
Also said that I can decrease my does of iron and just have one tablet rather than two as my iron levels are ok.

mama afrika i will start EPO as soon as i have spoken to my midwife , this is the one im most unsure of , i see her 2moro so i will let you know :)

Lilly i was just thinking do you want me to send you the hypno birthing cd via email or msn? i thought instead of you going to buy one i could try to somehow email it to you so you could have a listen ? let me know x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->