****Summer Cupcakes Bump Buddies ~ 8 BABY GIRLS & 4 BABY BOYS BORN ****

Morning all! So we've all had busy weekends.
Amber had a party on saturday. then we were visting both sets of parents sunday.

I was getting braxton hicks on friday night and they were starting to feel like mild period pain. I hope it#s a good sign as I had had signs with Amber and ended up being induced 12 days overdue.

I wonder who will be the first of us to pop!? xx

Just a tip to share from yesterday.
You need loads and loads of maternity pads. You'll go through absolutely loads in the hospital sometimes doubling up on them. I'd only bought 2 packs do I'm gonna stock up ASAP. ( 3 for 2 at boots ) we'll bleed after birth from 2-6 weeks so they won't go to waste ( of course we can change to large sanatry towels too) But they provide comfort and padding too.

Is anyone buying a cooling pad thing for afterwards too? Femi pad from chemist. Meant to be nice after birth for cooling down below ( kept in fridge) and padding.

Ailey wow you were 12 days overdue! Hopefully not this time;-) I also wonder who'll go first, its going to be SO exciting when the first of us goes into labour!! we'll all be rooting for each other big time!

Starglow - great idea re maternity pads. You've just reminded me and i'm off to Boots in a minute so thanks! I bought disposable maternity knickers too - from jojo maman bebe. you get like 8 for £5.

I just washed all her newborn clothes, had a giant smile on my face the whole time I was hanging it up.. never had that before haha! :haha: My washing line has never looked so cute!!

aww thats sweet lilly!! i love washing the little clothes they so cute drying on the airer!!

hey

Yes was a busy weekend for you all, I was mainly laid up resting my hips but didn't post here as you were all obvisously busy! Seemed to have started with uncomforatble symptoms; shortness of breath on rest & groin/hip/tail bone pain :( Like I have hit a wall all of a sudden after feeling so well.

Starglow lovely pic and glad you found the nct classes helpful. Great idea meeting up if we can sort that out :D Thanks for the tip on matty pads as I only bought one pack and one pack of heavy flow Always, wondering how many I would need! I also got some disposable knickers as a friends said they were great

Itsy I'm still at work hoping to do another 2 weeks was meant to do 3 but now it seems I have spd I am cutting it down to 2 weeks well it will be less than that now. My maternity leave will start 20th June I think, as I'm taking 2 weeks leave first.

I am leaving the rest of my washing for when I have finished work and have some nice weather to hang it out to dry.

Just back from midwife. I knew it was another girl on the team i'd be seeing. She was really fab!
Firstly baby is head down with bum to my right :) yay. She said she probably won't move now as there's not much room left. Good heart beat and sounds happy :)

We had a long chat about the labour and birthing plan. It's really cool ..... Her and my own midwife are into lights down in the labour room. They throw the mattress on the floor for me with a little lamp in the corner they sit to write notes. She said they get far more natural births cause of this.

The other thing tho is that I've had massive headache since yesterday morning and today I've been feeling very off and pretty sick. Blood pressure is up a bit but nothing to worry about. She insisted I don't work and told me if I have to work to go back on Thursday! Ive cancelled today but I'll see how I am tomorrow. I'll check with work if I take time off now if I'll get paid. But the thing is she said I need rest and if I dont get it my mw will be signing me off work altogether! ( she's afraid I've picked up an awful big that's going around!)

Anyway I feel poo!

Apart from that I'm fine lol

Foxforce we cross posted lol. Sorry to hear you've not been doing so good. Feels strange when we had great pregnancies to hit that wall but then we are heavily pregnant. It's getting serious now!

We could need 24 pads in the first 24 hours. !!!!!!!! Wow! I think I only had 20. But get the proper maternity pads as they're thicker and help the blood flow.. They're indented a particular way to help. I probably need more nipple pads too. Stick with the desposable ones tho. Horror stories with re-usable ones getting stuck to sore nipples etc.....ewwww.

Also Ive been told to buy big granny cheap knickers for after labour. Mainly to hold the giant maternity pads in. Attractive!

Hi ladies,

yep a busy one for me too, sorted and ironed all my eldests clothes for his trip with school friday evening, saturday was the baby show then yesterday food shopping and packing for Jake. He has gone on an outwardbounds trip for the week today. Callum is enjoying the peace already :)

I started my last week today too, i finish Friday yay have half term week off then my leave starts the Monday school goes back think it is the 6th.

Starglow- work still have to pay you for time off until 4 weeks before your due date. As soon as you get to the 4 weeks they can make you start your leave. Yes reusable breast pads are awfull i had them with Jake and ended up peeling skin off when trying to change them, disposable are so much better.

foxforce- hope the spd is not too bad mine seems to of settled a bit now.

Lily - yay for the matress but boo to those shooting pains there horrible feels like baby is trying to escape sometimes!

Fab news on your mw appoint going so well, well apart from them telling you to stop work but I suppose that's in your best interest, fx'd with work and hope you get paid, I know if you go sick late in the pregnancy your work can get you to start matty leave early. Hopefully your bp will come down if it's a bug you have caught. The labour room sounds great I really like the idea of lights down and matress on the floor.

I have my mw appointment tomorrow at 11.10 with my new mw hopefully we'll get more chance to chat about things then I did with my last mw.

I may need to go buy some granny knickers then from what you have said!!

I have plenty of breast pads (disposables) but will definately get more matty pads, I think they prefer you using the proper pads as they don't disguise the odour incase of infection but do they really come and check the blood on your pads?!? Euw poor job if so :haha: Although may need to start on wearing pads at the mo instead of panty liners as had a bit of an incontinent leak earlier today :blush: then got me thinking I hope this isn't my waters :rofl:

Hope you feel better soon starglow, you take it easy and get plenty of fluids in you :flower:

you defo need alot of maternity pads in the first 24 hours! also dark pjs as you will probably leak and i made the mistake last time of buying light grey cue emabarassing leakage in front of the inlaws!!!! i have bought 3 packets of cheap asda black pants and so far i have 4 packs of thick pads, one pack of pads with wings for heavy flow and a box of breast pads! just need to get a nightie to give birth in and im done!

foxforce i hope you spd eases soon , my sciatica is a mare and im in so much pain with it plus im getting cramps in my leg at night and it feels like i have been running in the morning as my muscle just aches! also checking of the pads! yes they do check them usually while your in bed! it is a bit gross but you feel better when they say the blood loss is normal etc! but at the time you will think where the heck is all this blood coming from! :lol: i got checked with jack about 3 times and each time they just asked me if they could have a look and they just pulled my trousers and pants out and had a look!

starglow i hope you feel better soon and you dont have to go back to work so you can rest up :)

lolley wahooooo officially on maternity as of friday! i bet you are so relieved ! now you can take it easy too! well as much as you can with 2 children :)

About the maternity pads, I only used the thick ones for the first few days and used the slim maternity pads after, I didn't bleed that heavily so I've only got about 3 packs of thick pads, if I need more I live just round the corner from sainsburys.

So tired today. Not sleep well....

Starglow, glad your appointment went well, hope you are feeling better soon.

whoops pressed enter by mistake! :lol:

how is everyones heartburn!? mine is still awful and it seems everything i now eat and drink affects it! i havent got the mw til next wednesday and then i will find out if i need to go and have a scan aswell! lets hope my monkey turns!

awww ailey hugs hun , i havent slept properly in weeks, i really needed to have a nap this afternoon but jack had the doctors and then i had to get callum from school! i read at 35 weeks you are supposed to have a bout of energy but i havent had mine yet!

Hope you sleep better tonight Ailey & hch

hch no heartburn (touch wood) just odd reflux from time to time, I think I have more energy but to sore and achey to do anything with it!! Or is it because I haven't done anything that I have more energy? :shrug: Hope yours eases x

hch- yep cant wait now, got lots to sort in the house when i finish :(
no heartburn for me either but the gaviscon is helping with the reflux still get it ocasionally but no where near as often as it was! I dont sleep well either its pants always being tired no energy burst for me :(

i have the midwife wednesday hopefully it will just be a normal appointment as i have my scan and consultant apt a week on wednesday where they will decide for section or not.

***GOOD NEWS***

I have official confirmation my job is safe wooooo
well for the next school year anyway so that puts me until Aug 2012 :)

hi everyone :flower:
Well I rinsed Boots today, that parenting club is great I've got so many points on my card now! i used baby wipes, cotton wool and buds for work ALL the time so i've stocked up massively on them.

I had heartburn for the first time last night after eating cajun chicken which was pretty damn spicy. I had heartburn loads with my DS but none this time around, apart from last night.

Have to say i'm having rubbish sleeps - these last few days i've been getting up like 3 or even 4 times a night, and i feel funny if i sleep on my right side. i'm just not comfortable at all.

Strawberry ah yes the washing of the clothes, small pleasures for me these days! :haha:

Foxforce sorry you feel awful hon.. hope things improve for you :kiss:

Lolley yay for you working your last week! and Itsy too if i remember?
I'm not working now BUT i do have that job coming up (that i'm using my KIT days up for) starting 15th June - 22nd June EEEEEKKK. I have two standby makeup artists in case i feel i can't go in. I think I will be ok, my huge worry is going into labour at work, being stuck in wembley and during rush hour - NIGHTmare! I'm hoping that won't happen!

Hch, great tip about the dark nightie/pjs - DAMN i've bought light too what an idiot! I didn't leak anywhere afterwards but I did get blood and stuff all over the pjs I gave birth in last time. Mothercare had a nightie with nursing straps that was dark navy but it was £18!! I want something cheaper than that for labour I reckon..

Oooohhhhhh getting my head around lack of dignity in and after labour is a tough one for me. I know at the time I won't care and after giving birth having someone checking a maternity pad is nothing but Ewwwwww.

I never had my pad checked, but it's incase you suspect an infection, then they will like to look. x

I'm glad some of you mentioned pain in the cervix/vagina. i've been having this for several days and it's REALLY taking my breath away. it really DOES feel like LO is trying to claw her way out. makes me want to hold onto myself (like a little kid does when they have to potty) LOL! i'm feeling really sore down there too, almost like it's all swollen. i feel it when i stand up after sitting for a long time and especially when i sit down on the toilet for some reason. which sucks since i'm starting to pee more often.

ailey mentioned bh contractions that felt like mild period pain - i've also been getting this. all of this is starting to make me anxious! OH keeps saying baby will come on his bday, which is June 4th!! I wonder if she will make her escape that early?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->