****Summer Cupcakes Bump Buddies ~ 8 BABY GIRLS & 4 BABY BOYS BORN ****

Hi ladies, its been a while, trying to catch up! @Lolley - glad your job is safe!

I've been having trouble sleeping too, my hips ache and I'm having bad round ligament pain again. I was starting to think I was going into pre-term labour especially as I have frequent braxton hicks. I'm struggling to walk as LO feels like she's going to drop out, there is so much pressure and sharp pains down below. I'm so glad to be finishing work on Friday!

I had my baby shower on saturday, it was lovely. My friend had it in her garden and set up a marquee decorated with pink and white balloons. There were about 20 friends there and they shared advice, we played games and ate loads of food. We were blessed to get so many gifts (mainly clothes) and also hundreds of pounds in gift vouchers, I'm so glad I hadn't bought everything so I'm going to finish off my purchases in the next couple of weeks.

Have a mw appointment later today, will update when I get back.

hi ladies

Well i spoke to soon about my one amazing night of sleep - last night was horrific! Up 3 times to wee and just couldn't get comfy. moan moan.

Mama Afrika your baby shower sounds lovely!! Aaah i'm so excited for mine in 2 weeks!! Good luck with your MW app today.

I've also been having frequent BH, especially when I'm walking and it stops me in my tracks! Belly goes really hard, sometimes a bit uncomfortable but never painful.
Today and yesterday i've had a burny feeling on the top of my belly, few inches above bellybutton. It's pretty sore and makes me want to hold my belly, goes away when I lie down. Anyone else had this?

Ashely & Itsy - wow you guys get lots of scans. We only get 2 on the NHS but i've had 6 as we paid for 2 and got 2 free early scans due to previous mc.
Also seems US ladies get their cervix checked for dilation weeks before?? We don't get that here, the only time they check you is when you go into labour, i think?

Ailey - re visitors- I'm happy for our families to visit straight away and my two best friends - but other friends i'm waiting a week before I have people round. depends how i'm feeling i guess!

at my clinic 2-3 scans is the norm. i've gotten extra through the hospital i'm delivering at because they had to do the level 2 ultrasound when they were thinking LO might have spina bifida, then i had a follow up growth scan, and this one coming up is ANOTHER follow up growth scan. everything has been perfect with her, thank God but they just keep checking to be sure.

re visitors - i'm actually dreading this lol the avg stay at my hospital after delivery for an uncomplicated vaginal birth is 36 hours. the only people i want to visit me in hospital is my parents, and OH's parents lol i don't want friends there (i only have 2 friends but one smokes and i don't want her to hold my newborn) and i'm worried my grandparents will try to come with my aunt, her husband, and their 2 kids. my parents do not know how to tell my grandparents "NO", there's this whole big mess of roles and relationships in that family, and if i open my mouth i'll start a war. i think i'll just not put anything up on fb where they can see when i go into labor, call my parents so they can make the trip (they're 6 hours away) and tell them not to tell anyone else. then we can all just pretend it happened suddenly lol as far as visitors once home - not sure on this one since i have absolutely no idea how i'm going to be feeling!

In the US they do check for dilation starting weeks before your due date, but i'm not really sure why since it's not a good indicator of when you'll go into labor. :shrug: still interesting to know whether or not you're dilated though

i have a feeling these last few weeks are going to drive me crazy. last night i thought i might be going into labor because i kept getting these crazy pains in my belly sort of under my bump. it really hurt! i focused long enough to really pay attention to it, and i felt a bubbling at the top of my bump. i realized it was my intestines and ended up just having a bit of painful gas. LOL :blush:

Hiya,

wow some of you do get lots of scans :) I have my 36 week scan next wednesday but that is only because of complications in first sons birth and a low lying placenta at 20 weeks.

Starglow glad your sleeping well at the moment it always feels better to get through the day at work when you have slept.
Lilly hope you have a better night tonight.

I am also still having lots of braxton hicks sometime very regular and other times quite random.

Saw the midwife today, measuring slightly big now and she wants to do my birth plan but is waiting until my scan next week as there is no point if i need a section.

She did say babies head is now fixed and is going nowhere but down from now on. Baby has been head down from about 28 weeks but always free!

only 2 more work days wooooo :happydance:

Everyone sounds really excited :)

Ooh after work we unboxed the pram. Oohh I love it and it came with a great rain cover which we were told it didn't! Bonus! This Is all cause my 6 month niece is due here this weekend (ash cloud pending). Fitted the carseat and unboxed the travel cot for her. Yay. Need to wash some blankets and sheets on Friday for her. Unwrapped the pink blankets. Can't wait to have everything freshly washed.

We missed a delivery so hopefully it's the changing bag. Feeling excitable hehe. Nice to focus on all this.

Lilly. Yes tender top of bump right now. I have to rub it gently. My bump is really growing!

Not had bh. I don't think I have anyway. Could be mistaking them for kicks but doubt it.

Finished at work for this week. But have to go to a primary school first thing as they want me to head up some big project. No idea what it's about ( apart from they want me to work there after maternity leave). I'm going along cause I feel I should but no idea how my mushy baby brain will be. Then ive just 90 mins of teaching quickly to do followed by a two hour breast feeding class !!!!! Ouch!

Hoping Friday I'll get my hospital bag sorted. I'll pop into town for dark labour wear and more maternity pads etc. Housework and lots to do. Wanna relax Saturday before my family arrives.

Re visitors - I've told family I don't want anyone here before birth. That we want at least two days at home with baby after hospital before mil can come. Sil wanted to come two days after my due date lol. Eh no! She's now booking flights for end of July. My dad will visit early august. My Sis is coming 3 weeks after due date to stand in for hubby who'll be away ( and she'll flyover earlier if I need her ). So it looks like depending his long mil stays we might get a bit of time togetherv:)

MamaAfrika- glad you had a fantastic time at your baby shower! And it's great that you can get some shopping done soon :) How did your mw appointment go? Do they have any more information about your iron?

Lilly- I haven't had any pain above belly button (just itching!) Have you asked over on the main forum?

Lolley- glad you heard about your job, that will really help put your mind at ease during your leave! And how big is your LO measuring? Fingers crossed that your scan will put things in the 'all clear' next week for a normal delivery!

Starglow- good luck getting everything organized for hospital bag and family! Hope you have a great time!

Re visitors- my mother is flying over from the U.S. around June 23rd and will be staying with us till July 12th. I expect in the first day after we get back from hospital that my mom (of course, assuming LO isn't born before she gets here) and MIL/FIL will stop by. Then we'll have the rest of the day to ourselves (plus my mom)... and the next day allow DH's immediate family to come by (3 siblings). Then spread people out during the next few weeks after that. I think it will depend on how things are going, how I feel, etc...

Lolley & MamaAfrika-- 2 MORE DAYS TILL MATERNITY LEAVE!!! WOO HOO!!! :happydance:

Thanks hun.

Funny I forgot the inside of the hood of my pram Is a light grey. The changing bag is light grey & cream! I'll be all matchy matchy without trying lol. Completely forgot.

i love being matchy matchy :) all Lo nursery matches.... and even his ziggy zebra bouncer sort of matches the front room... haha!!

Hehe :) oh yeah the ziggy zebra will match and the play plen will work well in the lounge lol. What are we like.

Hope you're enjoying your maternity leave. I'm starting to make plans for mine. I don't want to fill it up too much tho!

The whole half term week coming up I only have one day to myself!!!!! Whoops. Gonna have to get some chill time in!

Hi everyone,

Wishing you all a great day.

I'm wiped out. Not sure how much I'll get done other than the meeting, teaching and breast feeding class but hoping to get to mothercare to buy a nappy storage box and a dark nightie for hospital. That may be put back till 2moro. I wanna be awake for this breast feeding class. How silly it's so late at 8-10pm. We'll all be falling asleep.

I was so cranky last night. Pretty much did a twelve hour day. It's rediculous. Men don't understand what it's like to be this tired. Took it out on hubby and then felt bad lol.

Anyway back later. Xxx

Goodmorning ladies,

Starglow, hope you get some energy soon, when do you finish work?

My mw appointment yesterday went well, my LO's head is engaged, i'm so excited. MW told me it doesn't mean she won't be overdue, but still it feels more imminent now and it explains the excruciating pelvic and hip pain I've been having in the past few days. I'm going to start rocking on a ball to prevent her head from becoming free again. Can anyone recommend a cheap but good ball?

My iron levels are still low but mw said my GP was overreacting, its not low enough to need an iron infusion, the worst case scenario would be a drip during labour. She did advise me to have my placenta delivered by injection to prevent a lot of bleeding. She also said I'd been 'booked' into the central delivery unit at the hospital rather than the midwife led unit because I'd been seen a consultant at 12 weeks due to my fibroids and cysts. I don't mind though, I kind of feel like I want to be in the safest place for my first birth.

One working day to go!

hope you girls enjoy your last working days!! cant believe ive been off for 2 weeks already!! havent done alot lol!! met up with my dad yesterday which was nice i only see him once in a blue moon.... hes a lousy dad :lol: but im used to it... also something id promise never let happen if me and oh were to someday split

Great news mama Africa. Just tired from over doing it.

Strawberry have a nice time with your dad.

My yummy mummy bag has arrived. Omg I actually love it :)

Off to meeting x

ooooh jealous of yummy mummy bag!!! im on the look out for a second bag.... lol.... my own matches the pram but i want a pretty one too .. oh wouldnt let me ... boohoo... so im just going to get one to use when he is at work :lol:

don't know about the rest of you but what a rainy thundery and windy day its been in london today!! I've got soaked through my umbrella about 5 times already :haha:

I'm getting SO excited now girls,,,it feels SO close! We've got everything now, got the baby bath today and some beautiful window stickers for her to look at. Our room is nearly finished :happydance:

I'm reading all the birth stories all the time and can't wait til its my turn... i keep thinking about the labour, and what will happen.

DH very kindly bought me a facial today which came with a back and shoulder massage - absolute bliss! I've booked my last leg/bikini wax in before the birth (2 weeks before, just in case!) Also i'm going to book some highlights in for mid june - getting my toenails done.. all yummy mummy time.. it'll be while before i'll be pampering myself again so i may as well make the most of it now!

Hope everyones had a great day :kiss:

Starglow great news about your changing bag!

Mama Afrika thats great about your LO being engaged! And woohoo now you can join me, strawbs and Ailey on Mat leave!! And Lolley too right?

Hehe Lilly. I booked my hair cut & highlights today for 2 weeks before due date.

yay for being pampered you enjoy it :)

yes last day for me, itsy and mama afrika tomorrow :happydance:

well its half term for me so maternity doesn't start until the 6th June but as of 2.30 tomorrow im done woooo!

I'm on half term now :) (only have 3 full days of teaching then over 2 weeks when I go back and a few hours here and there.

Just back from last NCT class. It's amazing to have made new friends. We get on so well. It's fab. Breast feeding info was interesting. Some of it was a waste of time but overall it was good. (more of a good laugh )

We're all in touch anyway but we have a reunion in august where we'll meet up on a Sunday for lunch with babies. :)

Nite nite x

yay for half term and im so glad you have managed to keep your work down for when you go back :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->