****Summer Cupcakes Bump Buddies ~ 8 BABY GIRLS & 4 BABY BOYS BORN ****

Hi ladies!

I haven't read up on the other posts yet. I had my appointment this afternoon and due to high blood pressure they've admitted me. They're monitoring LO now and checking blood/urine and based on the results will decide whether I go home tonight or not. Hoping he might be here this weekend afterall!!

Thinking of you itsy. You did say on fb very first thing it was a nice day to have a baby lol. Xxxxxx hugs

good luck Itsy!!

Ashley, great to your mom there so nice... mine is coming to visit me tmrw I can't wait! 37 is hot, though I used to live in Arizona and used to the heat! The difference with london is that it's a city thats landlocked, so when it's hot its totally unbearable.. and no one has pools, unless you're rich! Need to find myself a pool for this weekend for the heatwave.

like ailey i'm only taking in dry shampoo to hospital.. my hair is pretty well behaved and straight anyway. I'm also not taking varnish off. I only wear colour on my toes.

Girls I had an amazing appointment at the birth centre today, but i've got to rush out to take Kai to the hairdressers now so i'll be back later with details!!

XX

Had a chance to catch up a bit.

Ashley- it's great that your mom's there to 'spoil' you! How long will she be staying? Glad your appt went well too!

Ailey- hope you're feeling more comfortable!

Umm, I'm pretty sure there were other posts I wanted to reply to but I can't see them now from my phone. :)

I'm still waiting at the hospital for the results. Blood pressure went down but waiting on other results. They said they'd have them an hour ago so now we're just waiting. They were going to do a sweep before they sent me to be monitored but changed their minds until they get the results. I'm hoping they'll still agree to do one if everything comes back ok!

Hope you all are having a good evening :)

we cross posted itsy! i hope the results come back ok and you get to have a sweep! thinking of you x

Hope your results are ok Itsy, good news it's come down a little, hope you get your sweep!

I'm not taking straighteners or hairdryer, my hair iis curly but figure I'd manage, not taking colour off my toes, don't wear it on my finger nails.

Ailey hope baby comes soon for you as you don't sound happy at all, I know what you mean about feeling bad with the clothes i'm sticking to two linen trousers and 4 different tops as they are the comfiest.

Ashley great stuff your mum is there, you can totally tell you sound better like Starglow said :) 37 degrees is crazy I'm walking round in a vest and linen trousers here at 17 degrees lol Sorry to hear it's not your waters, your induction is for the day before mine should we get that far.

Look forward to hearing about the birth centre Lilly.

My right ankle has swollen with been on my feet a lot, right going to do my iPod as never did the other day ...back later x

hi girls
Well my birth centre app was great - I just LOVE it there.. it's like a hotel!! it's better than private i reckon, i'm so impressed with the whole centre and the way it's run. The midwives are all amazing, friendly and lovely.
The rooms are massive, clean and new with double beds, side tables, plasma tv screen, huge white birthing pool with sensors for the temperature, and a whole bit in the corner with birthing ball, swing type thing (?) other birth apparatus. ALSO should you give birth there you can stay overnight unless it's really busy - in the double bed WITH your partner!! Should I need the epi they can easily transfer me up to the labour ward, i just might have to wait a while - which is fine by me.
I'm soooo excited to give birth there!

Nothing to report sign wise - been walking around a lot today and have had RLT, having hot curry again tonight and am going to take my homeopathic remedies tonight!!!!

Itsy hope things are moving along well for you..

Ailey, I'm so wearing the same damn thing every day, nothing fits me, it's so annoying. I'm ready now..

Foxforce sorry about your ankle, is it just the one?

I'm also getting upset (probably unreasonably) because my friend who lives in Oz is 3 weeks behind me and is having major symptoms of labour. i know it's silly but i couldn't bear it if she went ahead of me!!! This is the same friend who stole my 'Ivy' name, and the one who keeps emailing me details of her and her DH's amazing sex life at 35 weeks pregnant. EWW. sorry mini rant!

i agree about the clothes im living in my jeggings and leggings and 2 tops! and my leggings are getting a hole in them from the constant wearing and washing!

foxforce i hope you foot is not to sore! my feet are just puffy ! i cant waiti to wear normal shoes again!

lilly how nice of her to tell you about her sex life! she probably isnt getting any if she needs to let you know! i really hope the homeopathic stuff can start you off! im doing mine tonight again! lets cross our fingers and hope it works xxx

ooooo just had some lovely comfort food! home made beef stew yummy AND A LOVELY SCONE WITH CLOTTED CREAM! whoops sorry about the capitals! im too lazy to re write it! :haha:

Aw I've just told hubby I'm gonna make stew this weekend lol! Yum yum.

Clothes - yeah I've hardly any that aren't scruffy.

Lilly is the hospital West Middlesex? Their birthing unit looks and sounds like yours. It sounds fantastic. Great to know about the epi option too. Would u get to then go back to your room with your baby after?

When I make a massive effort ie loads of make up, rub on fake tan, do hair properly and wear nice clothes I feel half descent. But if I've no make up on and in my slobby wear I feel huge and yuck!!!! Can't wait for the swelling to go down. My feet are enormas now as are my hands but my face is big, cant bare the extra chins and so spotty Looking forward to feeling a bit more myself again.

We're getting a chinese take away tonight...yum!

Been having tightenings again this evening with back pain. So sat here on my ball hoping it might move things on a bit.

Lilly, the birth centre sounds amazing!

I made shortbread today :D

Lilly yes it's just the one ankle, always seems to be one or the other not both very strange! The birth centre sounds amazing, jealous we don't have anything like that. I agree with hch on your friend tmi totally probably not getting it lol
Try not get upset Hun I know it is frustrating.

hch not too painful just achey, got my legs up now so should ease off. The scone and clotted cream mmmm, I have some scones but only single cream in :(
We have just had burgers from the takeaway near us been lazy, delicious garlic mushroom burger with fries.

Right back to the iPod with Glasto on in back ground

Yum .... Shortbread!

We had salmon fish cakes, baked/ jacket potato and broccoli. Really nice.

Btw isn't it weird that this cupcake thread is coming to an end after so long.

yes very strange it will be ending here soon but yay to having a new thread where we can all help each other with our babies :)

forgot to add im also having a dandelion and burdoch drink which i havent had in years! i forgot how nice it is! baby is going crazy tho so only the one glass for me!

How very dare you mention dandelion and burdock! would kill for a glas now!

Nice hch.

Wonder if it's itsy's turn tonight. It's nice checking in to see who's at what stage. Yes great too that we'll have a new fresh thread too

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->