****Summer Cupcakes Bump Buddies ~ 8 BABY GIRLS & 4 BABY BOYS BORN ****

I'm looking forward to my wine, Brie and pate!!!!!!! Aw can't wait x

How very dare you mention dandelion and burdock! would kill for a glas now!

hahaha get your hubby out to get your some! its on offer at tesco! :lol:

i keep checking for updates every 10 minutes! i also check when i wake up in the night !

just watching easties then im off for a bath and then lee has the joy of rubbing some clary sage into my back and bump! :haha: be back later x

I might have changed my mind about :sex: tonight. I'm so desperate to get baby out this weekend!

Oh and Paul wouldn't go out a get some...it's raining and he only rides a motorbike!

Back home from the hospital! When I checked in bp was 150/95 so they wanted to do a CTG and monitor LO for a bit, plus check urine for protein, etc. That's what took so long (as we were waiting for the results). Everything came back normal though, and my blood pressure dropped to 135/85 which they said is normal. They did a scan to check LO/amniotic fluid levels (also normal), did an internal exam and said I'm 1 cm dialated so they did a sweep (yay! :happydance:) which was uncomfortable but not quite painful. SO... now I have to go back on Sunday to monitor bp, unless things happen on their own before then :winkwink: fingers crossed!

Lilly- the birthing center sounds amazing! glad you got to see it and that it made you feel better (since you were worried about getting access to the epi). Sounds like you're going to have a great experience! I also agree with the others re: your friend. Everything sounds a little "too perfect" iykwim? She's probably just making half of the things up...

Foxforce- boo on the swelling! I haven't found anything that helps me when mine swell. Hope you can take the time to put your feet up!

hch- yumm, scones and cream!! Sounds amazing!

Ailey- I still have my fx'd for you that things start soon! You've been getting all sorts of symptoms. Enjoy the shortbread though :) Feel free to send some to the rest of us! :haha:

and what is dandelion and burdock?

Starglow- do you already have some wine, brie, and paté waiting for you for after the birth? :)

ooh itsy fingers crossed for you!! i reckon its a race between you, Ailey and Hch..

I reckon i'm in for the long haul but i'm trying to stay positive... It's only because I haven't had any real signs.. BUT I didn't have any with DS and he just totally surprised me. So i may be wrong.

starglow my hospital is the Whittington in Highgate - it's just the birth centre that's fab the rest of the place needs doing up!! Birth centre was only completed end of 2009. i know i'm very lucky to be there, hopefully, if it's not full!!

OOOHhhh i'm totally craving brie pate and wine now!! speaking of wine, more than 3 people have told me if I have a glass it could bring on labour? ANyone else heard of this? My yoga teacher told me too.
We've got some champers at home to celebrate after the birth but omg I am SO getting some blue cheese/brie and crackers in too. yum yum.

Liam is making me his amaze thai green curry tonight (extra hot) and i've had my clary sage oil bath already. Walked around a lot today and about to go bouncing on the ball. Going to take the homeopathic pills just before bedtime.

hope everyone has a fabulous (and eventful!!!) night. How funny if a bunch of us all went into labour at the same time!

Glad your home itsy and your bp is back to normal, excellent news they did a sweep and your 1cm dilated!! :happydance: here's to hoping something starts for you now. I hope my mw does a sweep on tuesday for me.

Dandelion and Burdock is a fizzy drink much like Coca Cola but slightly different taste, hard to explain the taste, I like it, it looks like cola too. Reminds me of childhood :D

Enjoy your bath and massage hch

Isty, glad you are now home and that everything is fine with you and baby. FX'd the sweep does something for you.

I so can't wait for all the cheeses I'm not allowed!

Ooh I thought hubby would buy it for me after. Be too hard to have brie etc in the fridge while I can't have it lol. I know someone who's had a glass of wine here and there throughout her pregnancy. I haven't bothered at all.

It's great you're local to that birthing centre Lilly.

Itsy you had a sweep and everything ok which is fantastic. I cm dilated too. Yay.

I feel left behind. X

Cross post Lilly

I'm with you on the long haul! I would also bounce on the ball but I can't be bothered and I need to keep me feet up :winkwink: We have some pink champers in for celebrating after baby gets here, not sure other than having a bit of drink what else I have missed other than maybe a little more caffeinated diet coke!!

I'm seeing the midwife on Tuesday instead of thursday next week which means I'll only be 39 +2 instead of 39 + 4. I moved it because of the wedding we were meant to be going to on Thursday. Can't go now as hubby's day off is cancelled. Doesn't bother me. But I was told they'd only do a sweep on me at 41 weeks!

Oh so your not going to the wedding now Starglow, that's a shame after you found a dress too, suppose you can take it back.
Well my first mw said she wouldn't do one before 40 weeks, it's a different mw so just hoping she believes the same.

so glad everything is ok itsy with your blood pressure and yay for being 1cm dilated!

i dont like smelly cheeses or pate or wine :lol: but i do like a blue wkd! and i seen they have a ltd edition one! i dont really drink , i dont really like it! i could have a drag on a fag tho! but i wont!

hope everyones mw can give them a sweep! i really hope mine does on wednesday!

had my bath and now i stink of clary sage but i have had a some right tight bhs! i think i might put some more on before bed!

Is there anyone else who still eats all the cheeses they're "not allowed" to eat? :blush: I still eat paté, brie, goat cheese, etc (don't like blue cheese though!) Only thing I've "given up" is alcohol (but I don't drink beer or wine, so that wasn't hard either). There's nothing really I've been waiting on to eat :shrug:

Starglow- sorry to hear about the wedding! Did you end up buying the dress you'd found?

I'm not a drinker either hayley, the last time I was drunk was my 18th birthday! 9 years ago!
But when Paul has had a beer, I really could've drunk one too...

starglow i feel left behind too don't worry!!
because i had the attempted sweep at 39+2, i'm wondering if i ask my MW if she'd do one for me on Tues.
Like you Fox she said they only do them at 41 weeks but i'm really going to push for it.
If i'm induced i won't be going to the birth centre so it'd be a double blow.
I might have a glass of red then... we don't have any in the house (i was always the wine drinker) so i'll get liam to buy some tomorrow. Can't hurt, though i haven't had alcohol for months!

I have had a taste of blue cheese and had runny eggs.

starglow are you dissappointed you are not going now? x

ps Itsy yes i've had brie a few times and pate once, but i've avoided blue cheeses ( I LOVE blue cheese) I've also had deli meats and the odd glass of wine in the 2nd tri. I am actually really enjoying not drinking, i feel so clear headed all the time! i used to have a glass of red a night!!

hayley are you going to smoke again once baby's here? I really hope I don't go back to it!! I gave up 3 months before we conceived. I'm loving not smoking but I do have the very odd time where i miss it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->