****Summer Cupcakes Bump Buddies ~ 8 BABY GIRLS & 4 BABY BOYS BORN ****

Aw nice to have Amber back Ailey.

Hope you're feeling better hch.

Yeah I'm disappointed with my friend. She probably has no idea she's even upset me. But there's just no point in saying anything. Thank goodness I've made new local friends.

It's strange being at due date isn't it. Makes me a bit anxious bit just have to relax and take it a day at a time.

Oh hubby has just put on fb ..... I planted my seed 40 weeks ago now where is my baby!

LOL no chance of a quiet due date weekend now. Her real due date is only tomorrow but it would need to be a fast labour.

I cant wait to be rubbing my clary sage oil mixture into my bump and back when contractions start.

I tested out the tens machine too.... It's pretty good.

Hope youre both ok xxxxxxxx

Morning ladies. Are we still 3? Hope you're both ok. Sending hugs.

Mamafrica, how r u getting on?

Slept great. Awake early due to hubby going off to work. Great fun last night when I discovered the tv remote in our bedroom now turns the cot musical mobile on lol! Can't find which button turns it off tho lol.

So another relaxed day for me. May pop out for a few bits. Need hospital snacks - don't know what to get. I'll have a look. Plus a few phone call catch up's.

Other than bh's as usual last night ..... Nothing. Beginning to think she's settling in for a while yet :(

Sending labour vibes out xxxx

Morning!

Mama afrika, how are you and Naomi getting on?

Still bloody here :(

Good morning ladies!

Catching up on a few of the last posts...

Starglow- I'm really sorry to hear about your friend. It's always upsetting when a friend lets you down like that, but especially now she should really be there for you. Glad you have some new friends and the ladies in your nhs (sp?) class to be there for you.

Also funny that your TV remote turns on the cot mobile! I didn't even know that was possible!

hch- lots of :hugs: to you. I was pretty emotional in the last few days (really the only time in the entire pregnancy) and I know how it can feel. I hope you're feeling better today.

Ailey- I keep checking for updates from you! I really hope baby gets things going soon... it's got to be any day now! Sending lots of labour dust your way.

Has anyone heard from Foxforce or Ashley? I saw on Ashley's fb that she's having a slow recovery (after a 34 hour labour! wow!) Just wondering if she's doing okay...

Re: snacks for hospital-- I suggest avoiding anything with a really strong scent! DH brought a couple things (including chips and dip) but even the smell of the coffee he was drinking made me nauseous.

hope you all have a great Sunday!

Thanks for the advice Hun.

Yeah foxforce had her baby 2nd July at 2am ish. I think it's posted a page back if you want to check.

Totally relaxed day. Lovely! Well I've made plans with friends next week for tues , Thurs and Friday. Hope i don't have to keep them lol. Come on baby. X

Still no signs. Not a thing!!! Some people start labour with no signs tho so not giving up hope.

Ailey & Hch any news?

Made a tomato pasta type dinner with garlic bread..... Not at all hungry tho. And oh dear if I do go into labour I'll stink the place out with garlic breath.

Finally been bouncing on my ball!

Hey ladies quick post, still bit busy here, tired first decent sleep in 3 days last night for 7 hours!

Haven't had chance to catch up on posts but seems like no one else has gone into labour?

I had a 48 hour length of labour in total can count active labour as from when I was 4 cm dilated as 13 hours :shrug: tiring totally little Eliza did not want to see the world at all, I progressed really slowly to 4cm and after just over an hour pushing her she could not get out they went to get dr and they used forceps to deliver her :cry: which still took some time I also needed to be cut :( which is the most uncomfortable thing at the moment I think from that and the forceps.

I will do a full story for you when I know I have time this week.

She started to feed fine but today she hasn't taken much at all and just wants to sleep, she has a touch of jaundice which mw who visited today said to try keep her in bright light not direct sunlight to help with. She is a little star who is being spoiled already by family.

I will get a pic up of the laptop when i get on again, as I cant post from iPad.

I really hope you ladies waiting hch, Ailey and Starglow get to meet your babies very soon, and although my labour was quite traumatic at times I really think I would do it again, main reason being my pelvic area is quite small so made it hard for her to come into the world.

I really do recommend the epidural too :thumbup: I had to have it topped up 4 times lol but it is excellent :D

I didn't use the clary sage either as my contractions were thick and fast even in early stages and when I got it out the smell made me nauseous, could have been the dia-morhine though but it put me off.
Only thing I ate was toast throughout until I left hospital last night couldn't stomach anything else.

Good luck if you do go into labour before I get back on, hope it goes well....oh she's waking and I need to feed her.....

I'll be back soon to catch up and do birth story :) miss catching up and keeping in touch but so tired and busy

Xxxxxx

Well this is the first time I've woken with tightenings at night and they're keeping me awake. Not timing anything at the mo. On the loo loads feeling like I need to go but I don't. Taken paracetamol and gonna try going back to sleep now.

Great to hear from you Foxforce - your labour sounded long and traumatic! Hope you are recovering ok. I can't wait to see pics of your little girl!

Just so you know i've set up a new thread in the Lounge Area - Groups & Discussions - Baby & Parenting. Still called the Summer Cupcakes thread. Obviously it's a bit quieter anyway with babies arriving and all that.. I miss you girls!

Ivy is a little angel but i'm still finding BF painful and sore.. I'm persevering through it though, as she seems to love it. DH still hasn't changed a nappy yet, he's too scared! :haha:

Checking back all the time for news of Ailey Starglow and Hch... Ailey and Hch especially for you girls already a week overdue!!

:dust: labour dust to you all and hope for quick and speedy labours :happydance:

Thanks hun. Finally got back to sleep and nothing now. I'd say a good sign tho as it's the first time they've been that strong.

Lilly it's really crappy that you're in so much pain with bf. It's a real nightmare. You must get help before it becomes worse. Is ivy taking enough nipple in her mouth? She has to have nipple and most of the areola in her mouth doesn't she. I thought if she was latching on properly it shouldn't be hurting. Poor you. Has your midwife been around to help yet? well done for hanging in there.

Ailey & hch. How are you both doing ? It's gotta be frustrating now. I'm only a day over due and I'd convinced myself she's be a few days early cause of my various dates. Also I went back a whole week so it's been like i've been pregnant 42 weeks.

Hubby off today. Getting the car Valletted and getting the moveable car seat in. Suppose I'll do more housework. He's busy making us eggy bread for breakfast lol!

Xxxxx

Any plans today ladies?

Hi all!

Hope you are Ivy and well Lilly.

Starglow, all good signs!

Nothing going on here apart from swelling up like a balloon. SO fed up now.

sending you ladies massive :hug:

come on babies its time to meet mommy now!

Morning just waiting Eliza to wake for her feed before we pop out for our first outing we have few things we need. Breast pump and bottle warmer, more baby towels.

Lilly I'm finding bf'ing bit painful, started well but now as she prefers one nipple it's making it sore as sh doesn't get the areole at first, also had to give a little formula at 2 am as she hadn't fee all afternoon and night and was getting so frustrated, it worked only had about 15ml. My milk came in last also - how painful and full!?

My ankles and feet are swollen too, do any of you have this, I did have a lot of iv's so think this won't have helped, antibiotics x 4 times, saline and the Epidural running.

Anyway labour dust to you hch Ailey and Starglow, fx'd you meet your babies very soon, good signs Starglow keep positive and mobile as much as possible.

Take care x x x x

Thanks all

Where's hch today?

Just had a neighbour in we haven't seen for ages. Probably here for two hours chatting. Meanwhile ive been having loads of tightenings and from last night still feel I need the proper loo. I feel different from before for sure.

The girl who was just here is a nurse and suggesting drinking caster oil and water. Any of you done this? I've heard mixed reviews.

im here :( feeling so fed up tho, babys movements are so painful im in tears over them, i have such a horrible pain in my lady bits it hurts so bad:cry:

starglow your signs sound fab! for me , drinking castor oil is a no no , only because i have heard in can put the baby in distress, but thats just my opinion hun x

hope your ok Ailey and the swelling isnt to bad today x

I seem to be having contractions lasting just over a minute with Gaps of about 2-3mins. Been on my ball 90 mins with tens machine on low. Now on kitchen chair backwards. Bit confused tho. At the peak they are intense but seriously????????? Wtf??????? Shouldn't they be like 8 mins or something?????? Confuzzled

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnneMariena
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->