****Summer Cupcakes Bump Buddies ~ 8 BABY GIRLS & 4 BABY BOYS BORN ****

lolley i had to ask all sorts of questions in my last labour about my episiotmy! i was terrified about it just splitting open as my mw said it could just happen and tearing old scar tissue is apparantly very painful! thankgod it never happened i wonder if its because i started taking raspberry tea tablets to make everything more softer down below? i will be taking them again at 34 weeks :) anyone else going to take them?

Lilly you varicose vein sounds awful , my friend had one in the exact same place and it went right down after labour :) i have just noticed a really prominent vein at the top of my leg i hope it doesnt get any bigger!

thanks for the advice about the exemption certificate will go and use my prescription today ! 2 bottles should last a few weeks until i see mw again!

cant believe its been 12 weeks since we joined the 2nd tri! 2 weeks left and we will be in the third! omg! the last hurdle! seriously its going so fast its unbelievable!

my sister found out she is also pregnant which is fab news , but then she really annoyed my saying i could look after her baby and my baby when she goes back to work!!! i was like hang on a minute your baby will be 6 months old and mine will be 9 months! how on earth will i be able to look after 2 babies! plus picking my boys up from school will be a nightmare as im deffo not buying a double buggy just so i can look after her baby! i said to mum she hasnt thought this through properly and cannot expect me to look after her baby while i have my own to look after aswell! my mum agrees, although we are very happy for her she really needs to look at other options rather then lumbering them onto everyone else! she also expects her mother in law to quit work so she can have the baby too! living in a dream world!

anyway will stop moaning as i need to go and get my youngest from school! speak later! x

Hey hch - I am planning on taking raspberry leaf tablets towards the end of pregnancy as have heard good things about them. I actually took them when we were trying to conceive as it was suppose to help then as well....

thanks for the info hch, i didnt know they softened the area, will be looking into that i think :)

sorry lolley when i meant soften the area i should have actually wrote this LOL!

Raspberry leaf tea contains the alkaloid 'fragine' which is said to strengthen and tone the muscles of the uterus, helping them to contract more efficiently during labour. Research has found that taking raspberry leaf during the weeks prior to delivery helps to shorten the second stage of labour by making contractions more effective. Some studies have also found that it reduces the need for an assisted delivery (i.e. an emergency cesarean or use of forceps or ventouse).

to make the cervix softer etc its evening primrose oil tablets

Evening primrose oil is an excellent source of prostaglandins, which we already determined readies your cervix for labor. It can be taken orally as soon as 34 weeks, and can be applied directly to the cervix at full term (36 weeks). The general recommendation is two 500mg capsules per day until week 38, at which time you increase to 3-4 per day. The entire capsule can be inserted vaginally (inserted just before bed, it will dissolve before the first time you wake to use the bathroom), or you can use the oil on your fingers for your perineal massage, then also rub on your cervix (assuming you can reach it). Applying directly to the cervix is optimal, but the beneficial ingredients are absorbed through the external skin or the stomach also.

ooooo thanks all good stuff though :thumbup:

I might not need any of it yet if i end up with a section :( but well worth knowing.

:( hope you dont have to have one , hows your hips today? does your midwife think you may have spd? i definatey have scaitica in my left leg , some days it is ok but others days its horrendous! its amazes me how much pregnancy can really take its toll on your body!

There not too bad sounds like you I have some days better than others. She thinks it may be the start of it so wants to get the physio going asap. Hopefully the doctor will do the referral when I go in the morning.
I don't envy you with sciatica my mom has it and I know how painful it can be :(

The body does go through some amazing changes but also some irritating ones too makes you wonder how ladies years ago coped without todays medicine!

LOL! its because im an old fart now! :lol:

Ok some questions :
Can I wear my contact lenses in labour or do I need to wear my glasses?
Can I have nail varnish on during labour?
Is it best to wear a nightdress or oversized t-shirt in labour? ( they don't put u in silly hospital gowns do they?

I'm sure I have more stupid questions to come lol

Ok some questions :
Is it best to wear a nightdress or oversized t-shirt in labour? ( they don't put u in silly hospital gowns do they?

im not sure about the contact lenses although i cant see why they wouldnt let you wear them???

nail varnish on the toes will have to come off if you have an epidural or c section BUT this doesnt apply to all hospitals!

when i went into labour i wore a cheap nightie from primark that i threw in the bin afterwards :) x

Ok some questions :

ask away, someone is bound to be able to answer :)

really dont know about the contacts vs glasses
nailvarnish is ok in labour but is a problem if you end up having a c section. I had to take mine off, not sure about and emergancy section though.
I wore a baggy t shirt and kept my older nighties for after the birth. They didnt put me in a gown apart from my section. I would recommend old nightware for afterwards, if they get stained just throw them away. I had a bad bleed after my section and had new pj's they were ruined won't be doing that again :blush:

hope it helps abit :)

like your thinking hch :thumbup: you posted while i was typing

like your thinking hch :thumbup: you posted while i was typing

:D:D:D:D

was thinking about buying a hospital bag from primark aswell as its so cheap! i also got my pants from there too as you can throw them in the bin and they are so much better then paper ones! i will probably get a few little baby gros aswell as my boys were both very sicky when they were born and were in and out of baby gros at the hospital , jack went through 6 babys gros and a set of clothes in one day! :dohh:

Oh yes that's a good tip buy as cheap as you can get for pants I ended up throwing most of mine too! Think a trip to primark is called for :)

Hi ladies!

I've been reading along but realized I haven't replied all day...

Ashley- I'm sorry to hear about the insurance problem for the chiropractor. :( Makes me really glad I live in the Netherlands where stuff like that is included in my insurance (my previous U.S. insurance-- Blue Cross Blue Shield-- was crap!) I hope you start to feel better soon though.

To the rest of the ladies with problems... varicose veins, sciatia, aches and pains, swellings... boo! I completely agree--pregnancy can be pretty amazing when you think about everything that happens, but on the other hand, it can be pretty freaking annoying! And I was also wondering how women hundreds of years ago dealt with things like low lying placentas, etc. I can't even imagine! Hurray for modern medicine.

Starglow-- those are some great questions that I hadn't even THOUGHT of. Any other ladies who have done this before have any words of wisdom to share? :)

anyone thinking about having a home birth? im seriously considering after reading articles about there being no rooms for mothers in labour or not enough midwifes, my partner is a bit worried that something will go wrong, but it means that my boys can stay in bed if its night time and not be disturbed and i could just get up have a bath in my own home and not have to sleep in a hospital ward which i hate and then wait to be discharged! not completely sure about it yet will speak to my mw although im sure she wont be bothered !!

Thanks ladies :)

Em..... I like the comforts of a home birth but think I'd feel safer at the hospital. But then this is my first.

Btw ( I have been reading ) hch your sister!!!! What a cheek. Say no! That's a huge amount to take on !!!!!!

Primark underwear is a good idea ( pants =knickers American ladies lol)..... Cheap and throw away.

Over sized top or nightie for labour.

We're not exactly looking our finest on d-day and I know we won't care but stripped of nail varnish, make up, clothes lol etc ....., wedding rings, contact lenses ...... Boo!!!!

I had a major wardrobe crisis this morning. I'm loving my bump bit I'm really hating my bum, thighs, muffin tops, swollen legs and double chin :( I keep saying I'm pregnant to myself not fat but boy do I feel it. I hope summer loose fitting linin trousers and comfy floaty skirts come out in the shops soon. I feel so strapped up in my jeans :) I feel HUGE!

Felt really low this morning about myself which I know is silly as I'm so excited to be having this baby. I've always watched my diet and always loved fashion and these Tao things are out the window at the moment. I know it's all worth it just wish I could exercise and cope with my work load.

Moan moan moan lol

starglow im feeling the same about my weight! its my bum i hate the most! i cant understand why its so big! i have googled it and found this out which has made me feel a bit better x

https://www.askamum.co.uk/Pregnancy/Search-Results/Looking-good/Your-body-during-pregnancy/

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->