****Summer Cupcakes Bump Buddies ~ 8 BABY GIRLS & 4 BABY BOYS BORN ****

LOL Starglow - thanks for the reminder about "pants"!! i'd forgotten about that, even after our whole discussion of "nude" bump photos! :haha: i thought you guys were talking about trousers to wear at the hospital. even after someone mentioned bringing your own would be better than the paper ones they give you. :dohh: i'll blame it on baby brain this time. :winkwink:

i hadn't thought about nail polish, the only time i know you need to not have it on in the hospital is when they need to be able to check your circulation by capillary refill. often during surgery, so i guess it makes sense for a c-section to not have it on your nails.

my concern is actually my TONGUE RING! i saw on a tv show the nurses told the woman she had to take hers out when she went into labor. :shrug: i suppose you might accidentally bite down on it, but i think that "risk" should be left up to the individual to decide! i'm not planning on removing mine, the tongue heals incredibly fast and the hole would definitely close up!

here in the US we are just given a hospital gown to wear when we check in to the hospital. so i'm not sure what you would really want to bring of your own.

CLOTHES - went shopping yesterdsay since my shirts are now too short and don't cover bump, and i gave up on jeans weeks ago. i figured that buying clothes in bigger sizes fis going to be way cheaper than trying to buy maternity clothes (esp since i was at a discount store that sells clothes at least HALF the cost of department stores). i was SHOCKED with what sizes i had to try on!! Pre-pregnancy i was a size ZERO. I now fit into size SEVEN. :nope: I didn't realize... and a friend of mine graciously pointed out to me that my ass has gotten big. gee, thanks. way to be a pal.

OMG!!!!!! Just read that hch. What are we putting our bodies through!!! ( how could I forget my enormous veiny boobs!!!) think I need to invest in fantastic makeup to cover my face up! Honestly I'm applying it 3 times a day as my skin just isn't right. Yucky spots too :( I feel like such a hefalump. The thing Is if I was eating really healthy and exercising but getting larger all over I wouldn't mind as I'd still be toning and fitter but I'm eating too much and too tired to walk anywhere! Boo to me. I need to sort it out.

Hehe Ashley. I knew you'd be thinking why are these mad woman taking trousers in for labour lol lol lol.
..... And what a delightful friend you have thre pointing out your ass lol

I find bigger sizes make me look even bigger where as maternity clothes fit better.

My giant hooded cosy top which I bought in Florida is now too tight on me. OMG. How big am
I going to be?

some piccies to share :)

hope everyone is feeling okay everyone sounds a bit achey pains and a little down :(...smile ladies :) wont be long and itl be summer and our babies will be here :D

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 3
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 2
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 5
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 4
  • 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 5
ooo i love your bouncer strawberry! and your pram is gorgeous! x

the bouncer is great i love it its so cute and different to others ive seen!! can take the zebra out too! and pram and carseat was a bargain at £299 got matching changing bag too, it looks so cosy in pramette mode! i probably wont use it with the car seat in much! and then it switches into a pushcair with one zip its really celver!

Aw Strawberry cute things :)

It's me. I'm strangely a bit low today. Think I got scared with that pain the other night and I've not been the same since. Can't wait for the sunnier weather and walking in flip flops. March is a busy month for me but April is very light so im looking forward to that break. To having the time for more baby preparation. Hubby is painting the nursary this coming Monday :)

eurghhh! heartburn has kicked in! im drinking gaviscon out the bottle like some alcoholic!:lol:

well i have had a giggle catching up from when i was last on :)

strawberry lovely things and the pram does look very snuggly.

i always feel a bit crappy with my body so no different to usual really :( i am getting sick of wearing the same things for work, like starglow i cant wait for it to warm up so i can wear flipflops all the time :)

wow chatty today! lots to catch up on... ! Well my vein is getting worse, I am very conscious of it now, it sticks out like madonna's. I've christened it my 'Madonna Vein'. ICKk. I am also feeling totally rubbish today, nauseous, tired, sick... whats going on? my mom freaked me out suggesting that i'd caught a 'tropical disease' from thailand... er... i hope not! will see how i feel tomorrow.
I just have no energy, did a 2 hr shoot today, superquick, but i coudn't wait to get home.

Another blow today work wise, i got asked to the makeup and hair for Adele's european tour, starting end of March for a month, but flying to like 10 different cities!!!! and sleeping on a tour bus. I am so gutted because there's no way i can do it, right? would you girls? its quite good money esp before maternity leave but i think you need to be young and single for that... also leaving Kai for a month. Aaah the sacrifices we make! But family has to come first.

Strawberry great pram! love it!
Starglow, i hear you on all accounts - i feel like a hefalump too, cant wait to wear big maxi dresses and sandals, hate being strapped in by all these clothes
Ashley - i had a tongue ring for 3 yrs, don't remember it closing within 24 hrs though when i took it out, you may be ok to have it out just for labour?

Btw, I plan to look HOT at my labour haha :haha: roots done, eyelashes dyed, manicure, wax - the lot!!! hahhaha, i'm so vain. Well, actually with my first labour i was a total mess, a lot of women look so healthy and rosy when they've just delivered, with me i looked like i was on crack! greasy dark roots, pasty skin, huge.. not a good look for the family album :haha:

Lilly - I got mine pierced last summer, so it won't even be a full year yet when I go into labor. My sister had a tongue piercing for a couple years and she lost a ball so had the ring out for a day and couldn't get it back in. :shrug:

can you not have a plastic ring in instead? are they just worried about you biting it? I can imagine the tongue healing really quickly though...

lilly that is gutting about the tour, but no i couldn't do it. It's bad enough sleeping at home and as you say i couldn't leave the boys :(

i'm not sure what my actual hospital policies.. it was just something i'd seen on tv.

Lilly.......how rubbish about the tour but it would be hard to leave your little boy. Plus coping with pregnancy on tour would be hard. what a pain tho! That vein sounds painful!

I'm looking forward to a lie in tomorrow. Only need to work 1730-1930 so i have the day to catch up on relaxing. I'd be in bed now but i said i'd collect hubby from the train station later.....i swear he doesn't really get just how tired I am!

so......... (lol)
-i no longer find it easy to get socks and boots on
-I'm finding it flipping difficult to groom down below....... and no i don't wax after having a full hollywood done once for a naked only spa in Holland lol...ouch and ouch! just use a beard trimmer thing. I cant see past my bump...it doesn't lift anymore hehe
- nail varnishing my toes....good grief!
-forget i'm pregnant the odd time and go to run after someone....leaving my hip in the chair!
- find it hard to reach back for the seat belt in the car :)
- think i'm turning into a jar of peanut butter ( eaten every day since being pregnant)

ahhhhhhhhhhhhh ....... pregnancy :) what we do for our little babies :0)

bonus......looking forward to being in bed and feeling lo move about.

Hi Ladies!

Strawberry- love the pics!! How exciting!

We just got back from shopping! :) A large chain near us is going out of business... we bought the stroller/pram, car seat, blanket for day bed/play pin... and some accessories. We got a 350 euro discount on everything! :happydance: I'll take some pics tomorrow to post as well :)

Ashley-- I hadn't even THOUGHT about my tongue ring! Wow... I've had mine pierced for 8 years, but I've never had it out for more than 15 - 30 minutes at a time. I have a mw appt next week and am going to ask her then. And I got some pretty cheap maternity clothes at Burlington Coat factory in Feb when I visited the U.S... do you have any of those near you? Or Kohls (they often have good sales)? I also found a bunch of stuff at a Motherhood outlet in a Macy's store (they had shirts etc on sale for $5 - $10). Maybe you could find a few things that are more comfortable there?

And I've really ballooned out in the past couple of weeks :blush: Below is a pic I took on Tuesday... I feel like I've exploded! Last night someone asked me how far along I was (and I was at first happy that they recognized I was pregnant and not just fat!) but they followed up with, "wow, you're ONLY 24 weeks...?" haha... yea, thanks, I am. So Lilly and Starglow, I totally feel you on the hefalump thing :)

24wk_buik.jpg

and Lilly, I wanted to add that it's really too bad about the tour. But I think you're right in your decision... that is a long time to be gone (for yourself and for Kai), and you'd probably be so uncomfortable and miserable by the end. I hope it's not too disappointing... it's great that they asked you, and I'm sure you'll have more awesome chances after your leave is over!

Starglow- I agree about the bending over and the grooming! I wanted to do that last week... and couldn't see around the bump. I wasn't expecting it to really get in the way until later in the 3rd trim...

ahh well...

I must take more bump pics this weekend and compare my 20 week pics to 24 week ones. hopefully I'll be able to post them here. I'm feeling loads bigger this last 2 weeks. Itsychik..........lovely bump pic.
well done on all your buys.......how exciting x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->