• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

***Summer Cupcakes June & July 2011 Mummies***

He was 8ib 4oz last time he was weighed so be interesting to see what he is now :)

I've always used the Baby whiperer book. It's good.

Lara has been in her cot beside me three nights now thank god. Still breast feeding but giving formula at 10pm feed and 10am feed which helps her get a deeper sleep and she also breast feeds better too.
At last I've finished my birth story. Felt amazing to revisit it. hopefully I'll get to post it on here.

Hope you're all ok. Should be back on here soon. The last of the family visits leave first thing tomorrow. :)

Hugs xxx

Aww bless her glad she is going well :)

Noah is 11ib 4oz now little piggy! Met his not so little cousin last night so sweet funny though him and Noah are both in 0 to 3!

I'm sad today my washing machine won't spin :( It had just finished washing his nappies too luckily but he is back in disposibles and already getting sore think just going to take cloth to mums to wash hoping rest will dry soon but they were sopping wet had to wring them the best I could

Spoke too soon re cot lol. Ah well try again tonight.

That's annoying about your dryer.

Aw ar last my home is mine again :) x

hi girls
so slow typing 1 handed!!

starglow glad things are going well for you... i love the BW book!! i'm also doing the dreamfeed with formula, ivy is still waking twice a night though but i think is normal for her age. usually 3am then 530am then 730am for the day, although last night we skipped dreamfeed to see what would happen and she woke 1am, then 4.30am then 830 for the day>
whats everyone elses lo doing in the night times?

im really loving all her smiles its soooooo amazing isnt it!!

baby smiles are great i havent caught any on noahs on camera yet though :(

Noah still feeds more often between 9 and 11 so i go bed at 10/30/11ish where he will feed again and then he drops off till 4 or 5 then has a quick feed and goes back to sleep till 7 or 8 its working well for us .. still trying to get him to sleep fully in his basket he sleeps for hours next to me but in the basket he fusses every half hour or so ive tried shh pat thing but he aint having any of it just screams the place down till i pick him up :/

Lara feeds about 9pm, 12-1am, 4am, 7am, and pretty much every 3 hours. We can let them go up to 5 hours over night to feed if they don't wake at this age.

I was establishing a sleep pattern in cot. I went from Lara sleeping on me, to beside me, to beside me but away from me, to lying on her back mostly instead if side to cot. But hubby was in spare room. While his sister was here he came back to our bed and it all went tits up :( so here I go again.

ChAnging boob :)

We go to bed about 10/11ish she will have her lastfeed then go in to her crib, then she'll wake about 2/3ish feed for about 20 mins theb go back in her crib, then wake at 6.30 ish for the day, but I usually keep her in my bed till about 8ish so I can get a little more sleep and then get up.

She has started being a bit more settled and a bit happier whilst she is awake, so I think we have turned a corner a bit! yay!

I love Georgia's smiles, they are the cutest, and her little cooing noises she makes.
Here's the best one I caught!
https://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t21/aileymouse/P1070167.jpg

adorable pic ailey!! ive only been able to catch one smile on camera.
2011-08-18 12.47.30.jpg
i've got tons of funny faces though lol
2011-08-18 12.48.08.jpg

Lillyana is starting to feed about every 3 hours now. Sometimes 4. My boobs are having a hard time adjusting to it though, and have become engorged again. They are just too milk-happy! :haha: I'm glad I don't have to worry about not producing enough milk for her, but I've had to start giving the same breast to her twice before switching to make sure she's getting some hindmilk because they are so full she finishes eating before they're empty. And I have an overactive letdown so poor baby gets sprayed in the face all the time. She's starting to learn how to deal with it and doesn't really suck when I'm spraying. She just kind of sits there and lets the milk spray into her mouth, then swallows. Unless she's really hungry, then she sucks and ends up choking. :nope: poor thing.

She does seem to be a lot more awake during the day, active, and playful. we've turned sticking our tongues out into a game lol she will do it sometimes and watch you until you do it back. then you get a half smile, and when you smile back it turns into a full, open mouthed, gummy smile! SO ADORABLE! it makes me melt.

I bought Lillyana a new swing and i love it! it swings back and forth, and side to side. it has sound settings for day and night. 8 songs each, and for the day you can put it just to birds chirping, or at night for the sound of crickets. it soothes ME to sleep! it has a mobile overhead, and a lighted projection of butterflies that you can see on the canopy that surrounds the swing. yesterday i had her on the floor for some tummy time and i turned on the music to the swing for her. she turned her head to stare at the swing and was making the noise she does for attention - "aah!" she continued this until i put her in the swing! smart girl!! she LOVES lights, any lights (will stare at the ceiling light for an hour if you let her), so she is entranced by the butterfly projection. Plus, you can plug it into the wall instead of always using up tons of batteries.

IMG_2679.jpg IMG_2678.jpg
the butterflies are actually very clear and don't look like blobs, but she was swinging so i didn't get a good picture of it.

Ashley, that swing looks and souns amazing! what a very alert little girl you have xx

Lilly quick question .... Do you put ivy down to sleep between cluster feed 1&2? Xxx I haven't tonight.

Great pics Ailey and Ashley! Ashley your lo looks like she has the most adorable dimple!!! mine too, though not as deep.
ailey what a big smile from Georgia!! im glad she's being more settled too.

We've caught loads of smiles on camera, Ivy is really becoming better in the day now too, I think as she can focus more too. here's the latest pics of her. She's also cooing which is just adorable..... i'm so glad the first 6 weeks are over as she seems a much happier baby now.

Well I've stopped the formula feed top up at night... lately she's become all unsettled at night, plus I changed formula from sma gold to aptimal pepti back to sma gold again and I think it messed with her tummy. Now she's such a bonny baby and putting on weight well it's not necessary anymore. I also thought the formula let her sleep longer at night but the breastfeed (at 7pm) is letting her sleep through til 2am which is just as long as the formula feed!

So we're back on EBF!

Starglow - if Ivy is tired and giving me sleep cues i might let her catnap between cluster feeds 4pm and 6pm - she has her bath at 7pm.\

hope everyone else is good! xx

Attachments

• 289732_221450551239153_100001226297650_664488_3954159_o.jpg
    289732_221450551239153_100001226297650_664488_3954159_o.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 3
  • 296495_223730597677815_100001226297650_670924_6545709_n.jpg
    296495_223730597677815_100001226297650_670924_6545709_n.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 3
Awe Lilly those pictures are adorable we all have such cute little bubbas

Yay had a weekend of trying things with Lara to build a routine for naps and sleeping. I had the morning nap sorted already, got the afternoon nap sorted on Saturday and I'm
Most excited about last night Lara sleeping in her cot 9pm-6am. She woke every 3 hours for feeding but omg I hope this lasts. We raised the cot mattress to an angle, swaddled her & played musical cot mobile to help her drift off. This was after bath, bottle, boob & daddy time.

Feeding now, snooze And then I have 6 mums and 6 babies here from 1pm. Eek.

Sounds like lara is doing well! Hope you have a good day.

It's Amber's 4th birthday, I think we are going to go to the park with her bike...she went bowling and ice skating at the weekend with her friends.

Georgia is currently asleep in her basket so I best go get a shower....

School starts today... Wish me luck. I dont want to go at all!! :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"