• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

***Summer Cupcakes June & July 2011 Mummies***

strawbs - i would never let Ivy CIO at this stage, that's not what I meant - just the shushing in the cot and patting and then leaving the room, then when they cry go back in and repeat method. I just can't believe my GP advised me to let her CIO!!!
I've been given the baby whisperer book by a friend so we are going to follow that routine, starting today.

ailey - exactly same problem with Ivy, we've been told it's wind - we are using infacol before every feed, burping her in between feeds and after too. Also trying to stretch her feeds to every 3 hours as currently she's on every 2 hours. This is what the baby whisperer book says too, so we are doing the 3 hour routine all day, cluster feed at 6/7pm and dream feed at 10.
The hard part for us will be her daytime naps, as she only goes to sleep while we rock her on the birthing ball, she needs to learn to sleep in her cot... but i reckon this will take a LONG time!

Agree with Ailey, with your 2nd you're more relaxed about leaving LO, of course I missed her terribly, but it feel good to have some me-time, even if I was working!! Also the people i trust most, DH and my mom, were there looking after her.AShley, I also go the grocery store without lo, I always offer to do it so i can get out the house without the whole pram/sling malarky!

Right time for Ivy's nap, uh oh this could take hours. wish me luck!xxx

My firend lent us this sleep positioner...
https://www.clevamama.com/en/products/bedding-and-bathtime-products/clevasleep-positioner.aspx
Best night sleep we have had! Georgia slept in 4 hour blocks!! and she stayed in her crib the whole night, apart from me feeding her obviously. I think it must've felt like she was being held.
Really recommend it. I feel like a new woman today.
We tried the gripe water in 1oz of cooled boiled water and Georgia loved it, guzzled it down, so I think that must've helped her settle last night too.

that makes sense ailey - I just used a small pillow to prop against Ivy's back in her cot - and she went down for her first nap in 10 mins!! (she woke up once, then I used the pillow and she;s been asleep for half an hour now)
Maybe we should invest in one of those!!!

oh lilly sorry i know youd never let Ivy cio i just like you cant believe your doctor even suggested it at this stage

noah has finally started sleeping in his basket he is in it at the minute i was propping him up with a small rolled up blanket yesterday but hes layed out flat on his back at the minute he slept from 11.30 till 3.30 last night but was up again at 6 and 8.30 puked all over me and the bed ... again.. lol he didnt poop all night then i had 3 dirty nappies in half hour... gross!!

glad Georgia slept better last night Ailey.. that does look quite comfy and snug!!

Hi guys

Ailey fab news on the sleep :thumbup:

Had to say I have this sleep positioner, I got it at TK Maxx for £15 we were going to use once Eliza went into her cot but we have been using it by placing it on our big foot stool in living room through the day and we found she sleeps better as never really goes for long in moses basket through the day. It's too big to fit in the moses basket unfortunately.
We have to beware though as she sometimes slides down it, so best getting the side supports snug to them.

Eliza loves the gripe water too lol really guzzled it down

HV came yesterday and Eliza is upto 8lbs so she has put on half a pound on in 2 weeks.

oooh no shes awake argh thought I could have a good catch up then, oh well try again later if I can, if not hope you all have a great weekend xx

Hi All!

Something I've been wondering for a while... what is "gripe water" ? I've never heard of it...

And what is CIO? :blush:

Also, re: nighttime routine... we don't have one either. Up until now I've been giving Bram a bath in the mornings, then just kind of feed throughout the day as he gets hungry and he gets into his PJ's around 9pm... and then usually I feed or hold him until he falls asleep and we put him in his crib (where he sleeps all night). For feeds I get him and bring him into our bedroom and he normally falls asleep while feeding and then I put him back in the crib (he sleeps anywhere from 1 - 5 hours at a time, no real routine yet).

We have an appointment at the hospital on Monday with the pediatrician to make sure Bram's digestive tract is 'normal' since he's been really constipated for a few weeks now :( It makes him really fussy all day, and he has this really pitiful cry most of the time he's awake now. He also spends most of his time trying to 'push' out the poop and turns red and starts sweating... it's really sad! :( Hoping we find something that helps on Monday!

Itsy, CIO is cry it out, where you ignore the crying so they "learn to self settle". The problem is at this age, our babies are too young to understand why no one is coming and IMHO, cry themselves to exhaustion and fall asleep feeling abandoned. If you cant tell, I have very strong feelings against letting babies CIO. I have no idea what gripe water is either.

We don't have a bedtime routine yet. We just give her her last feed at around 10/11 then take her up to bed, put her in her crib whilst she is still awake but sleepy and let her fall asleep by her self.
Once her feeding has settled in to a pattern we'll then think about routines. But tbh I've never had strict routines, we're fairly relaxed.

This explains Gripe water
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gripe_water
although it now longer has alcohol in it. Georgia loves it and it seems to really help.

Itsy, hope all goes well with Bram's appointment today.

I have my 6 week check tomorrow and Georgia has hers at the same time.

Paul and I made it out on saturday night. we had a lovely meal. I managed 3 courses and coffee, paid for by the AA (compensation for poor service when I broke down). Georgia was really good for my parents and took a bottle just fine.

I'm so tempted to try Georgia with formula just to see if it helps her. I'm getting so frustrated with all the crying :( especially when Paul is at work, I feel so bad for Amber that she is not getting enough of my attention, and she is off to school soon...

Glad you had a good night out Ailey sounds nice even better that it was paid for :) if you think it will help her then its worth a try Noah had to have a little carton the other night as I kept being sick and couldn't feed him properly little piggy drank 7oz for oh and then slept for 6 hours! I felt really bad about it at first but he was so hungry and I had to keep taking him off to be sick was fine few hours later but dunno what was up with me

Noah bruised himself Saturday I had fed him and left him with my mum for a bit while me and oh went to get some bits from ours as we stayed there that night and he was cuddled up on my mum and she didnt realise he had his fist in his hand sucking it but looks like he gave himself a love bite lol lol monkey must have got hungry!

Hi everyone..

ailey, I found the last formula feed to be a godsend to Ivy's sleeping. She sleeps for a good 6 hours after her formula bottle, we've been dream feeding with the bottle at 11pm.
Tbh, ever since we've introduced the baby whisperer routine, Ivy is doing SO much better with the crying. We feed her/nap/play every 3 hours with cluster feeds at 6/7pm and bed at 7.30/8. We also are giving her colic calm, which really is magic in a bottle - it's all natural and homeopathic but quite expensive at £21 a 60ml bottle - we ordered it online.
She's still a very touchy/grumpy baby but there's definitely an improvement...!

ALSO for the FIRST time she self settled herself to go to sleep tonight!!!!!! I'm so shocked I thought I had a long night ahead of me to get her down (she usually needs a good half hour rocking before she'll sleep, in my arms) hope it's not a one off.

glad you had a night out too ailey wow i'm impressed! Can't wait for our night out, don't know when that will ever be lol
x

Glad to hear that Ivy is improving with the routine I keep trying the shh pat thing when he stirs but he just gets worked up with it don't really know what to do he sleeps a bit in his basket now but stirs after a half hour or so but goes back to sleep once he has had a cuddle putting breastpad or t shirt in with him doesn't help either he will sleep for hours in with me but keeps waking up in his basket ideally I want to stop co sleeping with him but he just doesn't sleep for long in his basket and im running outta ideas now. I have however been trying to stretch his feeds to 3 hours which is going good sometimes he will go 15 mins early but he feeds for longer and a lot better then cluster feeds late at night

Lilly, i'm glad Ivy is a little more settled, we're on the infacol and gripe water. don't know if it helps, she is still mardy.
not tried formula yet esp not at night cos my boobs got so full and painful after missing one feed whilst we were out...

I say we had a night out, we were only gone 3 hours max, but it was really nice to get out.

strawberry, Georgia still comes in with us in the morning usually after her 5/6 o'clock feed. It's either that or get up with her early which I just can't do. I'm a bit firmer with the self settling at the start of the night though.

Had a bad day with her yesterday, i just couldn't settle her, i ended up crying with her. paul was at work. i just didn't know what to do anymore :(

Whats that baby whisper thing?

Ive been tempted to give lillyana formula the nights Im exhausted and want to sleep, but Im determined that she will never taste formula as long as Im producing milk. Plus, when I think about the reason WHY formula keeps babies full longer, I feel bad for some reason lol call me crazy. :) glad its working to your advantages, I need to figure something out to get some sort of routine going. Its just hard that OH doesnt really help, and annoying that he doesnt even have a routine for himself! Lol some nights he showers when he gets home which is nice because then he can watch baby earlier while I shower, but some nights he doesnt shower until 1 am nd Im stuck with her since hes so dirty! (Hes a car mechanic so he comes home from work filthy.)

Ashley - it's called The Baby Whisperer by Tracey Hogg - it's amazing, it really has made me feel soooo much better with more of a handle on things with regard to Ivy.
She is thriving on the routine!
I know what you mean about formula, Kai never tasted it at all until I stopped bf at 9 months so i still feel a little guilty that Ivy is on it now one feed a day. But the formula's these days are so good and tbh it gives me a break and gives my boobs a chance to get full again as I do feel I have minimal milk at night. Also DH does the night feed. I love breastfeeding her though, I might even stretch to 6 months now (was thinking of stopping at 4) especially as combi feeding is really working for us. I wouldn't give her anymore incase my supply drops so i'll be sticking to 90% bf 10%ff.

strawberry - seems like a lot of babies don't adapt to the moses basket, i keep reading that - when are you putting him into a cot?

Lilly the cot won't fit into our bedroom there's hardly and room for his basket in there the bedroom here are tiny so if he goes in his cot he will have to be in his room I need to buy some monitors then I may try him he keeps batting side of his basket with his hand which wakes him up too

Yay noahs cousin has been born finally! 2 and half weeks overdue he weighed 9ib 11oz . .. ouch! X

I know thought he was never gonna come out! She's had to be induced with all 4 of hers mind! 9ib 11 sounds so heavy when Noah was only 6in 4! Getting him weighed Thursday and he's got his jabs on Monday :(

how much did he weigh the last time? Georgia is 10lb now! she was 7lb 12oz at birth.
I hate the jabs :( Georgia has hers at the end of the month. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->