Summer Sensations! (due May/June 2013)

Happy VDay Walker!!! :dance:

Love the article Christie!

Snow - love the comment about your dinner fighting back! :rofl:

My goodness. I just want to feel normal again, past two days has been lightheaded-ness and tired. Mild gross feeling bellow the baby, kinda like that feeling of estrogen right before the cramps of period. I hope I'm not catching the stomach flu :/

Hey girls!
So, I had my ultrasound this morning - the one they sheduled me for because they could not see baby's face. Baby still was not showing her face and the one shot they could get she had her hand up and the cord in the way. They were able to see that she does not have a clef lip.

I love this picture - btw - she totally has my hubbys exact nose, lips and chin! So weird that they are his exact features and we can see them so clearly!

They did say that there was a Choroid Plexus Cyst. I will probably have to go back in another few weeks so they can check on it, but I guess it is pretty common and should go away on its own. I have my 6 month OB appointment on Monday next week, so I will talk to the Dr. about it then - and my iron. Even though it is common and probably nothing it is super hard not to worry when it comes to my lo.
Oh yeah - she is 1lb 3oz :)

Attachments

• 1 Baby Adam 2.jpg
    1 Baby Adam 2.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 2
Ooh, just saw my belly move for the first time! Funny!

Natalie - sorry you're not feeling well :hugs:

MissA - great pic for your little girl!!! Sorry about the cyst but at least it means you'll get another look at lo in a few weeks!

Earlier I got one of my old dolls out of the attic and practiced putting on my wrap! Felt nice and secure! :thumbup: (although I'm glad no one saw me, probably looked a bit crazy!!) Ok, I'm up way too late (was finishing a pair of booties :D) - really gotta go to bed now! :sleep:

Thank you, I feel much better now, then I did earlier in the day. I think a slight bit of dehydration and tiredness was the culprit.

Anyone else starting to get the tight belly of Braxton Hicks? Anyways that is what I am assuming it is, It doesn't hurt but I can feel my belly is tighter randomly through out the day.

MissA very cute pic and hope the cyst clears up.

Getting it will be great when you get to wrap your lo for real. Have a great sleep.

My pee test came back clear and they think it was a kidney stone, I'm just happy the pain is gone. Hope you are all doing well lady's. Not long to go.

Two-I am so glad your test came back normal-Kidney stones I heard are extremely painful I hope you dont get anymore if that is indeed what it was!

getting-soo exciting you saw your belly move! you most likely will from now on!! I did after first noticing..

miss a-hope the cyst clears up-what a wonderful scan-3d/4d right?

afm-a regular prenatal checkup tomorrow...will hear the heartbeat get blood taken...weight...you all know the drill ;)....can't wait for my last scan it is ain a couple weeks at almost 26 weeks along to check for some abnormalities in the brain that runs in the family as a genetic issue but I am not worried as my ob told me my sweet little boy's brain looked perfectly normal in the 20 week scan-we are doing this just to be safe!! =)

natalie i hope you feel better soon! I had aches/cramps...think it is growing pains?

happy vday walker!!

Almost-Thank you, I am feeling better already. Its always a reassuring feeling to know its just you feeling crummy when baby is just kicking and squirming about.
Aches and pains? It could very well be growing pains. Best way to describe my pains were in one side or the other and it was a stabbing like pain.

I'm not sure my insurance company will cover any scans. They didn't cover the full amount for the anatomy scan, so I canceled the one I was supposed to have this Friday. They were just going to check out his heart, but there was really no reason to. It looked fine at the previous scan and I don't have any history that would give me concern. I'm not sure when I'll get to see my LO again. Might be when he decides to make his grand entrance!

Christie do you have to pay for your scans?

Almost hope you have a good appointment and when you have your next scan. Sure all will be well.x

So after watching a few unassisted births on youtube. I may be comfortable having the baby at home, then just having the daddy units mum there in case I need help since she is registered in delivering babies and is a nurse. I was comfortable with the idea of home birth before, but Midwifes here are so expensive.

Natalie - I'm not sure about having the baby at home without any medical care personnel at all. It might something you might definitely want to pay the expensive of a Mid-Wife for. You have no idea what could happen. It's way better to be safe than sorry in any sort of birthing/medical situation.

Two - Wonderful news on your test being normal!

Broody - Would have loved to see a pic of you wrapping and walking around a doll!

Great pic Miss A!

Almost - Hope you have a great appt today!

Chrisitie - My insurance doesn't cover all of my US either. Oh well.

AFM, Went for my 6 month appt today. All is good. I'm measuring good. I do the glucose test at the next appt in 4 weeks - Yuck from what I've heard! Perfect timing because I go to NY for my showers that weekend so I will be able to enjoy as much cake as I want! Really liked this doctor in the rotation. She also checked my cervix internally with her hand - no ones done this before - and all that was good but now I am a bit sore in there. And feel a bit crampy on the right side. Anyone else have this done? It just seems a bit early for them to be checking....

Well technically his mother is a midwife and a medical care professional. She has delivered many babies in Africa. She just prefers to work in the Hospital than as a Midwife. I defiantly won't do it with out having way more positives than negatives. But it is an option, plus I know it would mean the world to her to help deliver her grandchild.

Snow - well as it happens I took a picture to show my mum because she sewed the wraps for me so here you go!!

https://i1164.photobucket.com/albums/q571/derialc/C8E773F0-9AFD-476A-B84E-C43D208209E6-38743-00002796DE19EBEA_zpsbe5f0e8d.jpg

Natalie glad you are feeling better. I'm afraid of freaking out to bad to do a home birth. I'm not a calm person really so that's out for me. As soon as the pain gets too much, I want something, lol.

Two, glad to hear that your tests were all good!

MissA, Love the pic!

Snow, glad your appt went well. I did have my cervix checked when I first went in. I guess it's the norm. She was checking to make sure everything was closed up tight and to see if a vaginal birth would be an issue. She said everything felt and looked great for a vaginal birth. That's the only time I've had one since being pregnant, other than when I was in the ER.

I've recently started feeling Virtue up at the top of my belly. I feel him up there more when I'm sitting...probably because he's all scrunched in the, but it's so cool. I had to discern his movement all over again. At first I thought it was a muscle spasm, but then it kept happening and it's been happening for about a week now. My little man is growing and getting so strong!

Broody - The wrap looks great with the doll in there! So cute!! Even looks like a real baby!! Plus, your mom did an awesome job! She should sell them on Etsy or something!

No Doubt - So glad that you had an internal cervix check too. Makes me feel a bit better. Just wish the slight cramps would go away. :( Hiccups are supposed to feel like muscle spasms - maybe he's already hiccupping!! I'm not sure when we are supposed to start feeling them!! It's gotta be soon!!

Broody your mom did do a nice job on the wrap! My mil wants to get me one like that. I don't mind but hubbs will have to carry Virtue around as well so I put one of the traditional harnesses on the registry.

Snow, that interesting about the hiccups. You may be right cause they do feel to be in a rhythm. I just had them again and tried to pay close attention. That's so cute!

Thanks girls! Yeah she did a great job! I bought 5 metres of that grey material and it was wide enough to cut into 3 5m lengths so I have 3 wraps for the price of one moby! Going to leave one grey and dye the other 2, maybe purple for one and brown for the other. Going to get a second hand baby Bjorn from a friend of a friend for DH to use too. Can't see him wearing the wrap!!!

Snow - glad your apt went well! :thumbup:

Natalie - if your mil is a qualified midwife and comfortable with supervising the birth and you're low risk then I'm sure a home birth will be fine! I've been having those tightenings too. Didn't realise they were the start of braxton hicks til I read it on another thread...

Is anyone finding their bump is beginning to feel heavy? Mine is feeling really heavy this afternoon and evening. Also feels like my skin is too tight (if ye know what I mean!) Think there might be a bit of a growth spurt going on in there!

I hear ya broody with the tight skin. I feel like my belly has reached its maximum stretch capability. I've been lucky with no stretchmarks so far, so I"m wondering if they'll start now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->