Summer Sensations! (due May/June 2013)

I've been feeling better since my meltdown on Thursday, but I'm a little down/resentful today. My big sister has been living in Spain for a couple years now, and doesn't show any sign of moving home anytime soon. But I'm due in May, and our sister-in-law (our big brother's wife) is due in April, and I've been feeling a little angry at her because she's not even going to meet the babies until August, when she'll come home for her annual month off.

I know this is just because I love her so much, so I'm trying not to be mad about it but . . . I want to spend time with my sister while I'm still pregnant, and I want our baby boy to meet his aunt right away, like he's supposed to! We've always been as close as best friends, so why is this not enough to make her move home??

Sigh . . .

Two - Continued prayers for baby boy!

Walker - I understand completely!!! I have 2 younger sisters - I am the oldest of 3 girls. My middle sister hasn't lived in the states in forever. I don't think she'll be around for baby boy either when he's first born. If she is, I'd be quite surprised to say the least!! She is currently in Tanzania in the Peace Corps with her husband. Her contract is up this year and will be back stateside sometime over the summer but God knows not for long. Before this she was in Japan for over 2 years. I don't see her ever living back in the U.S. She is always on the move. I just don't understand either. I love her and love that she is living her dream that she has said she would do since we were kids but it sucks not having her around for all this important stuff. And only being able to Skype every few months to "see" eachother. :cry:

Still not feeling well. Took the day off work. And my "nurse" is sleeping on the job....
https://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg134/lisamarie120/photo-3_zps2a8f36c4.jpg

So cute about your nurse snow, lol.

Ladies I cannot relate, sorry. There really no one that's that far away and can't come visit when Virtue is born. I do understand you ladies wanting your sisters around though. All I can say is try to not be upset or too hurt. They're not doing it on purpose, which I'm sure you know. And I guess when they get here try to spend as much time as possible with them.

OMGshhh snowwww your pup is soo cute how old/what breed is she? Just adorable!

Dh's family is in Brazil-so we are very sad to think they may not be able to come....the aunts uncles and grandparents....but on a bright note-my sister (although severly disabled) is going to be there...she will never have children as she is unable to care for herself and cannot be with a man-she lives with my parents and is 10 years older than me-so almost 34. Anywho-the side rant oops! lol I am going to let my sister be the godmother I hope she understands what it means-it is very special to me to do this for her! My parents will be at the birth as well-but not in the room when it happens-just waiting and can come in after lol.

happy 26 weeks walker! & happy 25 to you nodoubt!

tomorrow is my last scan-so bittwesweet-it is my level 2 us to check for brain abnormalities-hoping all goes well!

Walker & Snow - I'm very lucky too that all our immediate family are literally within about 5 miles of us! But 2 years ago my brother (who I'm very close to, there's only the two of us, no other siblings) was away travelling for the year and I missed him like crazy. So glad he's home and living close by again. So I have a bit of an idea how ye must feel. Like NoDoubt said just try to remember that they're not staying away to hurt you and are probably missing you as much as you're missing them...(if not more!) :hugs::hugs:

Snow - love your super cute nurse even if she is sleeping on the job!!!

Almost - that's great that you are planning on involving your sister so much. I'm sure it will mean a lot to your parents even if your sister doesn't fully understand the importance of it herself :hugs: Good luck with your scan tomorrow!!

Happy 25 weeks NoDoubt and 26 weeks Walker!!

My sister an I live only a half hour from each other and my parents are a 6 hour drive away. So everyone I'd want to be around will likely be able to make it to the hospital once I get the word that I am in active labor.

When my first niece was born, my sister and her husband were living in Hawaii (about a 14 hour plane ride away from where I was at the time). I didn't have the money or the vacation time for the trip. But they were also coming back to the mainland within a month after her birth, so I got to meet her then. Now I"m close with both my nieces and my son is BFFs with my youngest niece. I"m so glad the kids get to grow up together.

On another note, I'm hoping March brings some warmer weather for Maryland. My Winter coat is being quite tight. I'm afraid I soon won't fit into any of my warm coats!

I just wear hubbys coat lol

There is only my mom in my family that I talk to and she lives in Canada and has never come to visit. I don't talk to my sister at all. I do have a beautiful friend, so I'm happy. I see my in-laws once a month, they are nice but they make me uncomfortable. Last time I saw them my fil was telling me how childbirth is a psycholoical pain only and he has been through worse himself. They still smoke around me too, so I tend to avoid them if possible. I told my husband to have them just come to the hospital after the baby is born otherwise I will be clenched up so tight this kid will be in there until she's 10 ;)

MissA - LOL

As much as I love my mom, I don't want her in the delivery room, even if she makes it in time. She has so many of her own opinions on how things should go, I'd probably end up just as clenched as you. I also don't want her down there staring at me just so she can catch the first glimps of LO arrival. My sister said she was or was close to that when she gave birth to her first. My mom would gladly 'catch' her grandson if I let her. I'm not sure I'm going to have anyone in the room with me. Not because I wouldn't want to, but because I'd need someone to watch my son, and that'll probably be my sister, unless my parents make it in time. And my sister is the only one I'd feel comfortable having in the room with me.

Lol MissA and Christie, you both made me laugh. Here we're only allowed have one person with us during labour and delivery so that'll be DH (although my mum will come keep me company for a while if labour goes on forever and he needs a break :haha:)

My OB told me that she just delivered a baby where the girl who was in labor had her father in the room and he was standing behind the OB watching EVERYTHING. lol She said it made her feel so weird! That is weird. Not that the dad was a perve - it's just weird!

Only DH will be in the room and he said he is going to stay on my side of the sheet..lol

If we go to the Midwife Center, I'll let my husband, mother, and mother-in-law in the room with me.

My mom has always said she be in there and I'm like some of you...absolutely not. She's very opinionated and I would end up telling yet to get our just so I can relax. My mil wants to come in I'm sure but I'm not so sure what I think about that. Not too comfortable with that. I don't kind while waiting for the actual delivery, but not then. My hubbs wants it to be just us and its looking like it might be. I want my aunt in there but they will be traveling and can't make it at that time. They are coming up a couple weeks before so maybe Virtue will cooperate and make an early appearance, lol.

Had an OB apt today. I must schedule my glucose screening in 2 weeks. It's just the hour long one.

Seems Leo (and me) have slowed our growth. I think I gained less than a pound since my apt 4 weeks ago and only gained 2 cm, so we are right back on track.

aaah ladies-I also am afraid my coat will not zip-hoping it warms up soon as it is snug-my winter vest and lots of hoodies already do not zip at all...hahaha

as far as delivery room-I tossed between the options of dh and mom and just dh and I am 100% sure now that I want it to be just DH....she sounds like some of your mothers-very opinionated (which makes me worry about using her to watch my child)-I feel like she will argue that her ways are the right way and try to be the "mom" when I am and same idea in the delivery room-try to take DH's place sooo my sister dad and mom can wait outside the room then come visit soon after the birth!

My level 2 ultrasound went well-even got 3d images which I did not expect-baby is measuring ahead still at 2lbs 2 ounces...big boy! hehe and he has his TOE almost in his mouth on the 3d image...oh my goodness! He is so silly already-can't wait to meet him! No sign of hydrocephalus was found in his brain so it was a happy ultrasound!

Hope all are well =)

DH:27
TTC Since May of 2012, I just decided to take my implanon rod out and me and the fiancee gave it a go, luckily it went well.
EDD: May 20th
Symptoms: Tired, huge, crampy from time to time, irregular contractions here and there and praying I don't go into labor sooner than I'm suppose to

I am excited to finally be having a Boy, after having two girls. I'm extremely ready for it to be over though, it seems like I been pregnant forever and the longer it takes the more anxious I get. As of today, i'm 27 weeks and in 5 days I'll be in my last trimester. I hope that it breezes by because I am ready to see my son.....

Yay for the spots Christie and almost! So cute about his toe in the mouth!

Welcome baby!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->