Summer Sensations! (due May/June 2013)

Anyone else been getting headaches lately? For the past few nights I've had pretty bad headaches, the kind that make my eyes feel like they are sinking into my skull D:

I've had headaches a couple times. It usually seems to correspond with my water intake for the day because when it starts to throb I drink more and they usually go away.

I dealt with headaches sometimes in the first trimester. Could be tension? Or just hormones. A warm, wet compress helped me.

Oh, and I want my mom in there with me. My husband will be great, of course, but my mom's been there three times (and twice naturally, which is my plan). We're very close and I always feel safe and calm with her.

I hope its the fact that I don't have my glasses anymore, and just the stress of the Glucose test tomorrow....
I really hope its not Pre-eclampsia or something D:

Baby - welcome!! :hi:

Almost - pics please!! :D

Natalie - Good luck with the glucose test today. Hope your headaches have eased? Why aren't you wearing your glasses anymore?!

Natalie my preg tracker says headaches around this time are normal, along with leg cramps, indigestion, etc. Just another one of the changes that come along with pregnancy. If it gets to be too much I'd ask about it.

Thanks ladies, I am hoping it goes well too! I'm already up... Ugh I'm not a morning person especially on the day that I can't have a bowl of cereal and an apple haha. I'm just ready for today to be over with so I stop stressing about it. Lots of ladies in my other thread that I follow have been getting GD so its got me all paranoid because I have poor blood sugar to begin with.

Broody- Yea I can't seem to find them anymore, plus they have Bifocals and I hate them. D:

I'm a weirdo haha Rhogam shot today as well...woooo

Nat-GL with your glucose testing today-let us know how it goes!

haha broody I will try to post pics once they are in my computer...maybe tonight!

No headaches here. I get painful leg cramps in the middle of the night though. I think those are due to low water intake days. It's weird that I get them only if I'm going for a good leg stretch, so I have to stop myself from stretching while sleeping otherwise I'll get a cramp so bad that I sit right up and start swearing and I'm paralyzed until it passes. I've had them so bad that I'm sore to walk the next day.

Christie - They say eating a banana before bed might help with the cramps.

Natalie - I'm not a morning person either. Good luck with glucose!

Almost - Sound like a great US. Yeah for him being perfect! Pics if possible of course!!

MissA - Hubby said the same that he will be on my side of the sheet!! :haha:

We want only Hubby and I in the delivery room for birth. But makes it easy that we don't have any sort of family what so ever nearby anyways.

99 days to go!! Double digits baby!! So happy!! :thumbup:

Still fending off this stupid cold. On day 5. Hoping things will improve soon. I am miserable and feel horrible!!

Snowflake - yay for double digits!!!! :dance:

Christie - I've suffered from those leg cramps since my teens. They are absolutely agonising! The very best way to ease them is to extend your leg straight, pushing your heel away from you and pointing your toes towards you. It goes against all instinct cos all you want to do is curl your leg up but it eases it almost immediately. Until I figured that out there were nights I had to cover my mouth with a pillow to avoid screaming the house down!!! Hope that helps! They say pregnancy makes them worse but strangely enough I haven't got any major ones recently...fx'd it stays that way!!!

Two - thinking of you, hope all is ok :hugs:

I have had the leg cramps before pregnancy, though not in a while. Usually during some intense running training (ie not enough water intake to make up for the work out). I've gotten them more frequently though in the past few weeks. I usually end up gently messaging it out.

I've been avoiding bananas recently because they are not on my low glycemic friendly list. Though it does say I can have a half of one. I want to be good until my glucose test in two weeks. Hopefully I can keep the cramps to a min before then.

I swear, I'm having the moodiest of months . . .

But does anyone else wish your husband would "baby" you a little more? Heaven forbid I ask him for a backrub or to pick me up at my office on a day where I have boxes to load into the car! He's driving me crazy. For once I'd like him to just ask me if I need anything or go out of his way to do something sweet for me instead of complaining and acting like it's an inconvenience or even just business as usual when I'm almost six months pregnant with his son.

Now I'm making myself cry.

DAMN HORMONES!

I love my husband to death and he's wonderful, but my god . . .

I understand walker. My hubbs is usually very "do you need anything" and what not and cause I'm such an independent person I have to tell him to back off sometimes. But with this pregnancy I have been very needy, so I know what you mean. I've had days with certain issues, like my hubbs not shoveling snow or not waiting for me so he can hold my hand and make sure I don't fall. I've had a couple talks with him about this kind of stuff. That's really the only thing I can say is to talk to him. I think hormones do play a part though, cause like I said before pregnancy home of that mattered to me, lol. Hope you feel better hun.

Walker - it would be nice for a little help, after all you are doing all the hard work in this.

Me on the other hand, I'm tearing up at everything. Though I also yelled at my mom for using my pregnancy as an excuse for her to over cook this past weekend. Every time I go for a visit she feels the need to over cook and sends me home with more food than I can possibly eat in a car that is already over packed. When I told her it was ridiculous to cook so much food, just to freeze it (she didn't want me to eat it while I was visiting, she wanted to cook other stuff), she told me that I could eat whatever I wanted and she wasn't going to tell a pregnant women what she could or couldn't eat. That made me mad and I had to stop talking on that line of conversation because then I would have upset her and ruined the weekend. I just told her being pregnant doesn't make me an invalid and doesn't give me an excuse to gorge on food.

But yeah, hormones right now. I feel like I'm more senstitive and more forceful with my opinion at the same time right now. I seem to have a lot to say about things that are annoying me. I'm usually rather reserved and blazay about things.

Glucose test wasn't entirely bad. Mainly the wait was the worst part, plus the gas the fruit punch drink gave me. It made me think of Hawaiian Punch Concentrate. I just chugged it and kept myself busy for the most part. They didn't make me sit in the hospital the whole time, I got to go around town and keep myself busy with exercise. I just had to check back ever hour for a blood test.
The Rhogam shot was kinda painful but it was fast and right in the booty cheek :)

Probably won't get the results till tomorrow.

Sorry you girls are hormonal - I know I am too. I just don't have a recent event to bring forward!! But know that I am experiencing it every once in a while as well!!

Glad the glucose test isn't so bad at all. I know I am scheduled to see the OBGYN during the hour I wait. Great I'll be farting the place up!!

What is everyone doing as far as classes? I have already signed up for a "Budgeting for a Baby" class as that one is free. I know I def want us to take a "Breastfeeding Basics" class as well. This one is $30.
What I am debating on is the "Childbirth Prep" class - Alot of my mommy friends said it was basically a waste of time and money because the Nurses will just guide you through labor anyways. It's $60 for a couple. Then I am unsure about "Preparing to Parent a Baby" - I think I want to do this and it's only $25 a couple. I think it will be def informative considering both of us are 1st time parents and hubby hasn't really handled a baby or know much about babies. Then the 3rd class I wondering about is "Infant CPR and Safety" this one is $25 per couple as well. I think it would be nice to know but hope to not ever use it. Not sure about taking it.
Basically just wondering what everyone's thoughts are on these or what they are doing...

My husband and I are taking a two-part "Childbearing Essentials" class at the Midwife Center (It'll be a total of 10 hours). That one will hopefully be covered by insurance! I also want to take their Breastfeeding class, which is $60 and probably won't be covered. They have a newborn care one, too. Still considering that. I've babysat for years, though, so I feel pretty comfortable with babies!

I"m not taking any classes. When talking it over with the midwives, they said I could just read up on it or watch videos online. I'd end up having to go by myself since my sister would be watching my son. So that was the better option for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->