Summer Sensations! (due May/June 2013)

I never even thought of an outfit. I guess I'm kind of going lowkey. Just some regular clothes, but I'm sure my mil will think of some way to spruce me up, lol. She's just too excited! I'm just doing it at home. But an awesome idea which I'd never seen, she's having a diaper cake made and sent up before she comes up. We'll probably make that the center peice!

My sister-in-law (my husband's brother's wife) is throwing me a shower for local friends on April 6th, my mom is throwing a family one near home sometime probably also in April, and I think my office will have one after the staff meeting on April 19th. I'm lucky!

No Doubt - good for your husband and good for you! I'm still wondering if there's a way I can stay home after our little guy is born. Right now, I might be able to work part-time at least (two days in the office, one from home). My husband is talking about looking for a more lucrative job while I'm on leave, so we'll see. Although, things have been progressing well in my job (I just got a pseudo-promotion and a 4K raise), so it might not be the best time to quit . . . then again, little Owen or Elliot or Sebastian or whoever he is will only be a baby once!

Hay ladies how are you all? Have not had a catch up on the threat but wil later.

Been here for a week now and lo has been a good boy holding on in there. Doc sees me every morning and asked what my chances are to keep this up and she said she would not be surprised to see our lo within the next two weeks and would be very surprised to see me past 30 weeks. Past 25 weeks Yay.
OH is travelling here to spend the weekend and I can't wait.

Hope you are all doing well and your lo's are behaving.x

Walker - how much leave do you get? 2 days a week might not be bad to keep your foot in the door there. You might even enjoy the break lol

Two - I hope that you can surprise her and he stays in for a while. Either way I am happy that you are in good hands.

Good for you two! I think you'll surprise them. Yay for hubbs coming to visit!

Walker I agree with missa about maybe staying just to keep your foot in the door, but I feel the same way. Baby's only a baby once!

Broody just read your updates and what is happending. I hope you and lo are doing well.x

I'm glad to hear your little boy is hanging in there two! I've been thinking of the both of you for days now hoping and praying that he keeps hanging in there as long as he can.

Two - I think you've already surprised them by making it to 25 weeks! Bet your lo is going to hang in for another while :thumbup: I'm doing good thanks. No real spotting this evening and they're keeping a close eye on me, checking my vitals and baby's hb regularly. Just waiting on the second steroid injection now...

Walker & NoDoubt - so jealous of the fact that ye may be able to arrange to be sahm! Unfortunately financially it's just not an option for us... :nope:

As for showers, they're not really a thing that happen here... Hope you ladies enjoy yours!!

Oh, the last midwife that checked the hb said that she suspects we might be right about it being a girl based on the heart rate... I wonder!! Dh was gone home by then so not going to tell him cos he really wants the surprise! (although he thinks it's a girl too) She also said she could be totally wrong :haha:

Two-SO glad to hear from you as always! I also think you and baby will surprise the doctors and push through for another 3/4 weeks!! And happy belated 25 weeks woohoo!!

Broody-sorry, I forgot where you live? Curious as to where they don't celebrate showers? Do people give you gifts at any point or at least hand me downs?

Hope all others are doing well!! I am pigging out at home-was SO hungry...I am up 18lbs and counting....appetite is either crazy and I am super hungry or I am hardly hungry at all....it depends on the day. And today...i am STARVING haha

Almost - I'm from Ireland. Gifts usually flood in once the baby is born and there's always plenty of offers of hand-me-downs from family and friends too. We've gathered lots of stuff that way - changing table, baby bath, spare Moses basket to name but a few :thumbup:

So no going home for me today! (reposting this from the ivf thread, apologies to anyone who's on both!) Had another bit of spotting this morning so I'm here tonight again until they think it's properly stopped. Don't really mind to be honest. Would rather be here where they are keeping an eye on things then to go home now and then have to come back in again in a few hours if there's more. I'm sure I'd be a bit more worried if I was at home too. Right now I'm very relaxed so that's the way I want to keep it! My brother is calling up later with his netbook full of movies and series for me so that'll be another thing to keep me entertained :thumbup: Going to get dh to bring up my own pillow later too, woke up at about half 4 this morning and couldn't get back to sleep - think the pillow may have been part of my problem...!

Broody-I hope they can release you soon! Ireland-how wonderful! I have always wanted to go as I have scottish and irish heritage plus it looks so pretty. and the movie P.S. I love you makes me want to go there even more!!

That was an awful movie!!!!! Good book but bad film!! And don't even get me started on his accent...!:haha:

Broody - Sorry about the spotting but so happy that you are getting the care and being watched over. Me too - on loving to go to Ireland someday. Hubby has an O' last name as he's Irish and we are looking into more Irish (mainstream) names than anything else. A movie I loved that was shot in Ireland was Leap Year. I thought that one was super cute!

TGIF!!!

Broody - I hope you can go home soon too, but am glad you are being cared for properly.
Are you spotting old or new blood??

So, I know I have said a few things before about my in laws smoking. Well they invited us over for dinner tonight and I told my mil that not that I am 6months with asthma I didn't want to go there in the winter with all the winows shut bc i breathe in a lot of smoke. And going forwad I don't want them smoking around the baby, in the winter they could smoke in another room or they could come to our house and we could hang outside in the summer. Anyways them my mil told me that after she has tried to be good to me i deeply offended her and am alienating her from her grandchild bc she smokes (i have tried to invite her to scans and do other things with her and she didnt want to i mentioned her putting her sisters old crib at her house in case baby sleeps over and i was pushing baby on them now i am alienating them) anyway I tried to apologize to her but she just ignored me. and today fil is telling my dh about how he has turned on them and all of this other crap and dh was like cant you just not smoke when the baby is over and his dad was like i never heard of that. I dunno - it goes on and on.

I was there for the holidays and they were smoking away and I never said anything, but now that lo is moving around and reacting to things I eat and do I really dont want to be around it. I tried to tell her I don't care that they smoke or smoke in their house, but I can't be breathing it and neither can baby when she is there. I don't know why they are reacting like this and I feel awful, but I wont let them smoke around my baby. They think it is just me being a Bit*h I dunno what I should do. Ugh.

I don't understand why they don't understand how bad smoking is, let alone for infant lungs. I mean smoking is one of the things a pregnancy women is supposed to give up right ?!? My parents smoked for years when I was younger, I couldn't stand it and they knew that. Now that they've been smoke free for years, their guest respect them and only smoke outside, even in the Winter, when at their house.

If baby is going to stay at their house, then I'd go so far as getting them a room air filter for the room that baby is going to sleep in.

I'm on your side with doing what you can to keep your baby and yourself healthy. You have tried to give them options so they can spend time with their grandkid, now it's up to them on if they really want to make the effort.

MissA - :hugs: So sorry to hear that you are having a rough time of it. I think you are being absolutely right in telling them you don't want to be breathing in the smoke... With so much media coverage about the dangers of second-hand smoking etc it seems really strange that they are being so unreasonable about this! Have you always had a bit of a shaky relationship with them or is it just since you've been pg? Don't know what advice to give you really - it sounds like you've said it all already and that they're just not listening! Maybe have dh try and talk to them again - keep it simple and explain that you are both worried about the dangers and just want to make sure that your baby is kept as safe and healthy as possible? Surely they can't argue with that? (although some people would argue with anything :dohh:) As for me, all old blood and very sparse. Nothing in the the last 5 hours or so, and before that it was about 10 hours so hopefully it's clearing up!

Snow - haven't seen Leap Year, must download it sometime! Yeah, I love traditional Irish names. We've one in mind if it's a girl but dh has his heart set on David if it's a boy so no Irish link there!

Broody - I think that old blood is better? Not that any spotting is good, but when I was spotting it was sparse old blood and they said that was good (well better than something else) They haven't found any small spearations between your amniotic sac and placenta? That's why I was spotting and it was just small like the size of a dime. Anyway it sounds the same, but I don't know that much about what else could cause that.

I wouldn't call my relationship with them shakey, but I have never felt comfortable with them. They are usually the ones who make dinner plans with us, but half the time they seem miserable and I wonder why they invited us? They do have a tendency to fly off the handle over things that other people would find small and reasonable. His father is a bit of a tyrant and can be very charming when he wants, but when he is in a mood he makes sure that no one else really has a good time either. I really think that the reason they are having such a problem is because of the control issue over the smoking+baby=bad issue. They are business owners and run a tight ship and raise their kids the same to where everyone is afraid to say anything to them really. I also believe that they have never really liked me and wait for opportunities like this and they probably expected dh to be on their side. I sent his mom a text about it (not the best, but she is hard to talk to) and the first thing that happened is that FIL called DH. Every bad thing they have said about me has always been said to someone else and repeated to me, so they take it out on DH and he works for them, so he is getting and earfull all day. He tried to explain about the smoking and his dad told him to eff off and he had never heard of people not smoking around babies and DH said he knew of a lot of people who don't then FIL said eff them too =/ A lot of the reason I decided not to have a shower is because they are not talking to FIL's dad, sister or neices and I didn't want to have a shower and exclude them, or make MIL uncomfortable by having them. So, now I am wondering if I am just going to be on their shitlist of people they ignore?

Sorry for the rant. I just really needed to vent that and I know DH wont really want to talk about it. I figure they are being like that because they want me to recant what I said, but I wont let them smoke around my baby no matter what they do or how they act. I just really hate confrontation =/

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->