Summer Sensations! (due May/June 2013)

Stick to your guns :thumbup: They sound like very controlling unreasonable people... It's awful your dh also works with them (for them?) and has to put up with the stress of it all the time. If they haven't heard of people not smoking around babies then they really need to pull their heads out of the sand and stop living in the dark ages!!!! Feel free to rant as much as you need to, it can't be easy for you having to deal with all that :hugs: Afm, the scan showed that my placenta is safe and not causing the bleed. It is old blood. They said its probably just one of those things, caused by uterus growing and stretching maybe, or a little polyp (but no sign of that on scan) Chances are it'll remain unexplained but the drs/midwives don't seem a bit worried, just being ultra cautious...

Thanks Broody:) He works for them. They are really old fashioned, but they are only in their late 40's so it's kind of weird bc you would think they would be more progressive. I am not going to stress about it anymore. I think I will go get a pedicure and a haircut and take DH out to dinner to get his mind off of it. If they drag it on and make it a bigger issue it's on them, not me.

How long do they think you will have to stay for? Do you have cable there?

That sounds like a good idea! Pamper yourself and forget all about them for a while! :flower:

I'm hoping to be out tomor but I thought that yesterday too! :haha: Will get to leave as soon as the spotting stops for a prolonged period of time... No cable unfortunately but I have my iPad and that has loads of books on it and I've linked it up to my phone too so I can get on the net. My brother is bringing me up his netbook full of movies and box sets later so I won't be bored!! Would I look like a total granny if I ask dh to bring up my crochet?! Like doing it when I'm watching movies...:blush:

Sorry you're not going home tonight broody. Hopefully they'll release you soon, but I agree. I think I would be more calm there than at home trying to figure out what was going on myself.

MissA I agree with what the other ladies said. You're not wrong about this and they need to understand how detrimental that can be to your health and the health of your baby. Even more so that's your child, not theirs, and they need to respect your parenting wishes. I wouldn't even let my child over there seeing how they can't agree to that. They could come visit all they want, but I wouldn't send my kid into a freaking smoke stack! I'm sure they've heard of how bad it can be, but like you said just want it their way. I had an issue with mil trying to be controlling and in the middle of our married when we got married and I was constantly going back and forth with her, and my poor hubbs was stuck in the middle. She messed up and crossed the line one night and basically called me a whore, trust me that's the nice version. Hubbs was pissed and didn't talk to her for at least a month, but after that she never crossed that line again. I didn't talk to her for maybe 2.5 years, but we're in a better place now. They will go to far at some point and your hubbs will put them in their place. In glad that he's saying something too so that it doesn't look like its all you, although unfortunately they'll think that anyway. And I think you should still have a shower if you want. Don't let anyone take that away from you. This is your first child, it only happens once. Who knows maybe she'll do you a favor and just say she's not coming right off the bat. And if she's gonna continue to he like this you don't have to invite her.

Broody - I hope that you get to go home soon and this settle down for you.x

MissA - I think it's great you are sticking to your guns, I think there is nothing worse than people smoking around you when you are pregnant. I have friends that smoke and even outside they had a habit of blowing it in your face and it made you feel like they were doing it on purpose. It was more that they were not using there heads :dohh:

My mum has sent out lo his first pooh (Winnie thre Pooh is our theme) Teddy to the hospital and a pooh blanket so looking forward to getting it. The OH has already brought his own pooh blanket for lo to first cling onto as well. Our Pooh canvases that I had done for his room arrive to and OH has brought them through to show me :happydance:

I had cramping and tightenings on and off yesterday so was checked last night and cervix is closed, it could be one of two things, my body about to go into labour soon or I have now got a irritable uterus :shrug: just more things to add to my ever growing list.

Was so happy when OH arrived that my hormones decided to get excited to and every time I looked at him I wanted to jump onboard :blush: had to get that under control lol.

I think we need some more bump pics lady's. In the past week Mine has really popped out soyou all must be getting really cUte bumps. Looking forward to seeing some. (It gets in the way slot to). I will see if my OH will take one.

Have a great weekend lady's.x :hugs:

I got my Glucose results! Which I was worried about for the past few days. But everything came back good, my iron levels were good and my numbers were not even close to being a worry factor! Ahhhh that is just one less thing for me to stress about.

Two, you sound like despite everything you are doing great. I'm glad to see and hear from you!

I just took a bump pic this morning so I will post it later when I get home.

Nat, glad to hear everything was good. I know every test can be worrysome while waiting, but everything is fine!

Two- I'm so glad to hear things are still going steady, hopefully its just your uterus being silly. You should have your dearest take a picture of your belly so we can see how much your little one has been growing. I really admire how strong your little family is, Its quite amazing! :)

Nodoubt- Thank you :) I was really thrilled to hear my midwife tell me all of that, especially since I have always battled with my hypoglycemia and iron levels.

Sunday makes 3rd Trimester,. I'm starting to get nervous.

Attachments

• Image248.jpg
    Image248.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 4
Nat-beautiful bump! Glad to hear your test came back normal!

Getting-bummer you are still in the hospital yet another night-hope tomorrow will be the day they say, "GO HOME!" LOL

MissA-sorry to hear you are still having to deal with this smoking issue-hope it gets resolved for good this time!

Here is a bump pic from tonight after my belated valentine dinner feast....feeling HUGE! LOL And some scan pics as promised! I put 2 of the 3D ones which I did not even expect to get! One has babies foot by his mouth, his big toe a bit bent like he is trying to get it close enough to his big lips to suck on it! Got daddys lips and my small round head!!:cloud9:

Attachments

• Bump pics! 007.jpg
    Bump pics! 007.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 3
  • Bump pics! 008.jpg
    Bump pics! 008.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 4
  • scan 002.jpg
    scan 002.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 2
  • scan 001.jpg
    scan 001.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 2
Love the bump pics ladies they are gorgeous and love the scans to.x

Will post a pic later.

Two - great news that baby is still hanging in and your cervix is closed :thumbup: Is there a reason they think the tightenings are more than just BH? More regular/stronger? Delighted DH has arrived for the weekend, it must be so tough to be in hospital so far from home... Hang in there, ye're all doing well! :hugs: (PS all the Winnie the Pooh stuff sounds lovely!!:D)

Nat - yay, congrats on your test results!!! Bet that was a relief! Your bump pic is fab, very artistic!!!

Almost - great bump too!!! And lovely pics of your flexible little man!!!

Afm, haven't got up to go to the bathroom yet so don't know if there was any spotting overnight but by the time I went to sleep last night I'd had none since yesterday afternoon so I'm hopeful! Fx'd! Also, slept waaaay better on my own pillow!!! :sleep:

Cute bump and baby pics almost! I love how he's trying to eat his toe! Its amazing what they do in there, soon they won't have any room to do anything, but get squished, then they'll be here!

Hope there's no more spotting broody, glad you slept better last night!

Anyone get so thirsty during the night that all your dreams are about trying to drink water but not being able to get rid of your dry mouth? I keep a bottle by my bed, but these dreams are getting crazy!

Lol at your dreams Walker! I do get quite a dry mouth during the night but it hasn't been affecting my dreams!

So, I've been sent home from hospital :D Still spotting a small bit but they've checked everything out and all seems fine so they were happy for me to go home because I live so nearby. I'm to take the week off work to relax, not on bed rest but must just take it easy. Back up to the hospital Tuesday week for check-up...

Glad you got to home hun! And I think the rest is a good idea. Never refuse and opportunity to rest, lol.

Thanks ladies-the foot and toe pic cracks me and dh up! loll

I have been worried lately as hardly feel baby moving and/or kicking around in there....anyone else notice a slowing in movements?

Broody-so glad you are home! Enjoy your week off from work! Rest up.

Walker-I am SO thirsty when I wake up but too lazy to get up for water. It does not effect my dreams either...although I had a crazy sex dream last night ahhaha!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->