Summer Sensations! (due May/June 2013)

Mine is Saturday too 10:30am. I was told not to eat at least one hour before the test. Just hoping my 4 month old can handle hanging out with me for an hour in the waiting room.

I spent a few minutes today at work just watching my LO rolling around. It's so neat to be able to actually see the movement now.

I did the same thing yesterday!

I was told that eating before the one-hour test is fine, but I'll probably just have a banana or something small before, and then go out for breakfast with the hubs afterward.

Mine is Tuesday at 2:30 so I have to eat before, but I'm not eating anything sugary and this week I've upped my fruit and veggie intake. Is that cheating, lol. Anywho, I sprayed myself down with some baby oil this morning to let it soak into my skin and it's really helped with the dry skin, so I'll keep doing that a couple times a week. My skin drinks lotion like no other so that's not cutting it anymore.

I want spring to hurry up and get here too. I've been wearing the same 5 or 6 things for months now and am ready to change it up to my dresses. I have a lot from when I was heavier that should work now with my bump. People at my job keep telling me they can't wait to see me in my dresses cause they think it will be so cute with my bump. I just can't wait to wear something different and get the added comfort, lol.

I have the same wardrobe of about 5 or 6 shirts and 3 pants I can wear to work right now. I too can't wait for dress weather.

The possibility of me staying home became more real. My friend told her friend that has two kids about me and she said if I am staying home to let her know as the lady that's currently watching her kids is a nut and she lives farther out than she would like to travel. We just live up the street from her. She was really interested. So if hubbs took that part time job and I stayed home and earned money from watching her kids, we could definitely make up most of if not all of my salary. I told hubbs that I seriously wanted to talk about that. He basically has that job, he's just waiting on confirmation of the salary and then I will need to talk to this lady and her hubbs, and check on the insurance at my hubbs job. This could really be a possibility for me!

I heard that eating a protein rich meal before the glucose test is a good idea too because protein helps you to better metabolize sugar. I have a feeling I'm going to need all the help I can get since I already have insulin resistance issues from having PCOS. Really would rather not have to do the 3 hour test

I was told to reduce my intake of starchy foods like breads, pasta and potatoes as those starches turn into glucose which is stored longer(?) in your system.

Sweetest thing ever happened today !! I was in a GED class from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. today. I didn’t really get the time or privacy to talk to my baby boy the whole time I was in there, because of this he didn’t really do much squirming around. Well on the way home I start talking to him and finally paying attention to my belly so what happens?!? All of a sudden looks like my belly has a whole bunch of waves in it, he has been dragging his little hands around my lower belly ever since :) My sweet baby boy missed Mamma’s voice!

I am so jealous you ladies only have to take a 1 hour....I guess my doctor automatically requires the full 2 hours test....not looking forward to it at all!

So cute Nat!

I've had the 3 hour test a couple times and it sucks. I was supposed to have that again per my Endo, but then my on thought it was overkill and said I could change it if I want to the one hour test, so I did. Hopefully all of that will be normal.

Glad to hear nat! So it sounds like there is a 1, 2, AND 3 hour....oy vey! lol

Happy 27 weeks to me and I believe you are my dd buddy sno-so happy 27 weeks to you too! =)

I love when I can work from home, because then when my back starts hurting I can lay with a heating pad and my feet up, but still check my email and stay connected! Oh, and I can take a nap if I need to haha.

My office has everyone do a 1 hr test. If you fail that you do a 3 hr. I am going to try not to eat any sugars this weekend as my test is Tuesday AM.

Good deal No Doubt about staying home.

Have to admit that I am a huge clothes horse. I love clothes - always have, always will. So I have wayyy too much Maternity clothes. Hehe.

Yeah for us 27 weeks Almost! We are Rutabagas this week!! 2 of my books/apps say we are now in 3rd tri - I for some reason thought it was next week!! Yippeeee!! 2/3rds of the way done!! Gonna be here before we know it!!

My midwife told me 28 weeks for 3rd tri. But I guess since you technically just finished up a full 27 weeks, I can see how the books would consider now the start.

I am a totally clothes whore. But due to budget tightness with all the adoption expenses recently I've had to control my maternity spending and the fact that I'll have to pay for child care for 2 infants....Oy! I've had to tight up the clothing budget in prep for that monthly bill.

My preg tracker says 27 weeks is third tri too.

I just refused to buy too many maternity clothes seeing how we can only where then for so long. A friend of mine gave me hers, but they're a bit big. I was hoping third tri would work better for them, but it's not looking like it. I'll wear the pants around the house though cause they are comfy. I where some of the shirts to work cause I'm chesty and they have a tie so I can tighten them so nothing is hanging out.

I'm starting to wonder if I'll get my body back, lol. I sure do hope so. I'm probably gonna turn into a workout freak as soon as the doc says ok, lol.

I mostly got hand me downs and Christmas gifts as far as maternity clothes. I think I only bought two shirts! I do want to buy a pair of comfy maternity jeans, though.

Quiet in here today. With my glucose test tomorrow, I'm dying for an ice cream sundae right now :)

What you eat the day before the test shouldn't affect it, from what I've read. The morning of, though, stick to proteins and veggies. It's really just about how your body processes sugar, and the sugar you have today will already have been processed, I believe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->