Summer Sensations! (due May/June 2013)

Glad to hear that walker cause I started to worry about that peice of cake I just had, lol.

Haha. I'd say they aren't judging your diet, but how your body processes sugar. I doubt it really matters what you eat ahead of time, it wouldn't change your body's way of processing it. Right? I'm not a doc though.

I think your right Walker and it's too late to do anything about it now. My midwife told me 6 weeks ago or so to change my diet to help prevent gestational diabetes. So I basically should have been training my body to not produce so much insulin whenever it encounters glucose. Not sure I did so well in that area, but I guess I'll find out soon enough.

Hope we all do great on the GD tests!

I woke up today multiple times with my hand being numb. If I was laying on my left side then my right hand was asleep - If I was laying on my right then my left hand was asleep. So weird. I plan to bring it up to the OBGYN on Tues. Anyone have this weird thing going on at all?

I am soooo hungry....waiting to start my test the hospital is PACKED totally stinks...waiting for blood draw then I think I have to drink the sweet stuff lol GL with your GD tests today too ladies!

Hey Snowflake! I haven't had that exact problem but I've had a good few dead legs if I cross them at a certain angle. I googled it and apparently numbness in hands and legs/feet is very common at this stage. Don't remember if there was any explanation given...

Good luck with all the gd tests girls! Here we only have to do one if there are signs that point to gd. They haven't mentioned it to me yet - hopefully they won't!

Kept spotting (but just brown) on and off all week so have decided to stay off work til after the hospital check up on Tues. (I was supposed to go back on Monday) There was a fingernail sized bit of clotted brown on Thursday night (tmi!:blush:) and virtually nothing since then...so I'm hopeful that that's the end of it! Right now I've awful gas pain (at least I hope that's what it is!) - eugh, fx'd it eases soon!

GL on your tests ladies!

I get the numbing but only if I'm on that side and only in my hands. My shoulders get achy too.

Gosh broody if it's not one thing its another. I hope it all eases off for you soon. Smart move on staying home until after the checkup.

Has anyone heard from two or jess?

Anyone heard from Twoaredue? I really have been thinking about her and her lo, hoping everything is still going smoothly.

No, nothing :nope: I've been thinking about Jess too... I hope they're both ok and that their lo's are still hanging in there...

Back from my test. Had to gulp down an 8oz orange drink, kind of tasted like a non carbonated orange soda. I got slightly lightheaded, nothing that concerned me really. I was more concerned with occupying my 4 month old for the hour and half we were at the clinic.

Test was fine. Drink tasted kind of like that mcDonald's orange drink I used to get when I was a kid. The only thing that sucked was the blood draw - had to get poked a few times, and it hurt! I don't think this nurse was as good as the others I've had. C'est la vie!

I hope Jess is okay too!

AFM-SUPER busy day...my test lasted 3 hours since I waited basically 45 mins before I even got started at the hospital since it was so busy-there were lots of pregnant ladies taking the same test as me! The drink tasted like flat orange soda to me-and of course I had to chug the WARM one since the other ladies go the cold ones LOL and had 5 mins to do it-not cold, no ice-but it still wasnt bad at all! Blood was drawn prior to test, after an hour, and then another hour wait til my third blood draw. Hoping to hear only good news at my prenatal apt. wednesday AM. GL to all you lovely ladies with your results too! =)

I do mine on Tuesday. Thanks for the heads up on the drink tasting like flat orange pop and I totally remember the McDonald's orange drink too!

What kind of exercise are y'all getting? I walk a half hour every work day (I have to, because it's a 15 minute walk to and from where we park the car - yay, working downtown!) and recently have been playing Wii Walk It Out. I did an hour today, and burned 265 calories. Small change compared to my pre-pregnancy workouts, but I think that anything is great for a pregnant lady! I did do my elliptical once several weeks ago, but it was definitely tougher and I'm trying to be gentle because of my low blood counts. All too easy to get out of breath these days!

Well, up until my spotting I was doing a good bit - walking the dogs 4 times a week (bout an hour and half walk), yoga for half an hour 2-3 times a week and swimming (about 30 lengths) 2-3 times a week.... Was feeling really fit and healthy. Haven't done anything since I was in hospital obviously and am missing it now! Going to ask them about it when I go back on Tuesday. Really hope they don't tell me I have to take it easy for the next 3 months :nope: (although I will definitely do whatever they advise to make sure this baby stays safe and healthy!)

I have my test Tuesday too...not looking forward to it, lol.

I bought the what to expect when expecting workout dvd and it has 6 ten min segments, 3 cardio, 2 toning, 1 stretch. I try to do it as much as possible, but I've been busy with work the past couple weeks. But I said I would do it at least 3 times a week and just mix and match. When the weather finally breaks and warms up a bit I will get back to walking with my dog as well. I also walk at lot at work believe it or not. I feel like I'm always up and down that hallway for something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->