Summer Sensations! (due May/June 2013)

I get most of my exercise walking to from car at work and up/down the 3 flights of stairs there one to 2 times a day and playing and taking care of my 4 month old. Today though, I took him mall walking since he's been fussy and won't nap. It calmed him down, but he still hasn't napped. Now I have indigestion type cramping (or at least I'm hoping that's all it is). The walk took me longer than it used to a month ago. Used to be 4.5 times around the mall for a hour walk. Today 3 laps took me 50 mins.

My back is also starting to bother me with all the lifting of my little man.

Hubby and I walk our dogs almost every day together. I can say I definitely get winded a lot easier lately and my hips and back start hurting near the end. It still feels good to get some exercise in though despite it being more difficult to move around.

I am currently getting all my exercise from all the shopping I have been doing.!!! :haha:

But seriously, daylight savings starts this upcoming weekend. So it will be lighter out now when I get home from work and I plan to walk the dog then and try to get more exercise. Now we just need Spring to come. It is March people and I live the Southeast!! It is supposed to be warmer!! SOO hating this cold weather :coffee:

Excited to fly home to NY on Thursday for my showers this weekend!!!!!!!!! :happydance:

Try living in Pittsburgh! :)

Today is the first day of the third trimester for me! Woohoo!

I'm with walker, Pittsburgh is the pits right now. I want warm weather too.

According to my preg tracker, today is the first day of third tri for me, so happy third tri to everyone, lol.

I grew up my entire life in Buffalo, NY - which is lake effect snow and cold temps heaven!! ;) Weather was one of the main reasons we moved - big decision factor right there!!! It's where I have to go this weekend for my showers!! Bummer deal!!

Yeah for 3rd tri No Doubt!!

Snow, I grew up in the lake effect belt as well and that's the same reason as to why I moved. Though I only made it as far South as MD. It should at least start warming up by the end of the month. I'm soooo looking forward to that.

Good luck at your showers. My mom wants me to go to NY for Easter, but I told her I wasn't driving 7 hours there and back 31 weeks pregnant. I heard swelling can be bad at that point sitting for so long, so stopping to get up and about will make the trip even longer.

I live in WNY and I can tell you girls that it sure is cold here today! It does make it hard to get out. My friend and I usually try to go for a 40 min walk at least 3 times a week. It was nice to get some sun and fresh air last week in FL. Travelling was the worst at 6mos pregnant. On the way down there was a 2 hour delay in the plane before we took off. On the way back a 4 hour delay in the airport with a closed snack bar and no vending machine. It was almost too small and crowded to walk around in. I had to get full pat downs in security because I opted out of the x-ray scanner. At least I got to do some swimming and walking there. Now that I have a maternity swimsuit I might go do some silver sneakers in the pool at the YMCA. I have that DVD, but I don't do it as often as I should.

Has anyone heard from Two??

Still haven't heard anything from two...or jess for that matter. Hope everything is ok.

I moved from NC to MN when I was 16. My mom got remarried, so even though it sucks right now in Pittsburgh, I'm still grateful it's not MN. No thank you 30 below, lol.

Traveling at this point is certainly out of the question, although I've opted out of traveling the entire pregnancy, lol. Going potty every 10 mins never let up for me and I wasn't going to be stuck in a car or on a plane having to go like that all the time.

Glad you enjoyed yourself MissA!

I find it so crazy that a good bit of us are WNY'ers and WPA'ers!

Very true Christie. End of this month things should def get warmer! I told my mom that there was no way I was driving home for showers and I said I didn't want to fly in my 3rd trimester at all so that is why my showers are so early. My friend works for a medical supply company and hooked me up with some free compression socks to wear on the plane to help with swelling (if I get any) and such. They are so sexy - I know y'all are jealous!! Haha!

Miss A - I wish two would check in. Glad that you had fun in FL just not the flying part and lack of snacky food at the airport - that sucks!! Swimming sounds so nice right now. I looked into a prenatal water aerobics class here and couldn't find one. As for flying, I am hoping for the best. I have direct non-stop flights both ways (only like a 1hr45min) so I am hoping that I shouldn't have any issues with delays and such. Pat downs are the worst. We flew home in Oct when I was just a few weeks PG and refused the machine then and plan to refuse it again.

Snow - Just make sure to pack some snacks for the plane and get up and walk to the bathroom if you can even just to walk. My OB said that the regular water areobics classes are fine to take because they are geared towards seniors, so they wont have you doing anything hard.
I wish two would check in too.

Baby shower this weekend, and housing appointment Wednesday. I am ready for a week of boring dull nothing. Next week is a full schedule as well. Maybe the week after next will be a week of calm? Ahhh I hope.

Hows everyone doing?

I've been stretching and growing, had a small depressive stage yesterday. Kyle was a trooper for dealing with me last night while I was in my pity party -_- which now I would have slapped myself for if I would have realized how pathetic I was being. Aside from that heading on week 30. Goodness how the time has flown, just 8 more weeks till full term! Hopefully baby boy decides he is to excited to wait for 40 weeks to come :p

We all have pity parties for ourselves. I had one earlier today at work...my coworker just walked away, lol. What is full term, 37 weeks? So close and yet so far away. I can't wait til 30 weeks, that's next milestone.

I'm considering 28 weeks, the start of my third tri, then 32 weeks will be my next milestone. At 32 weeks my midwife said that they would not actively try to stop labor. Which scares me a little since I feel it's still too early at that point. I'll probably try to take it easy for the 4 weeks that follow that.

I think they do consider 37 weeks as full term. I'd be good to go any time after 36 weeks.

Hay ladies how is everyone.

Sorry have had to slow right down on my internet on my ph as I'm well over my limit and it's getting expensive.
Doc are surprised I am still pregnant and I have pretty much given up on listening to them, I was going to get to go to my home hospital at 28 weeks but they are saying prob won't be able to till about 30 weeks. Huff!! Bordem is driving me mad and have my up and down days but am happy lo is doing so well.

Hope that you are all well and your Los are doing great.x

So good to hear from you two. Glad LO is still hanging in there. Bummer you can't go back to your home hospital until 30 weeks. Must be hard on both you and your DH to have to spend so much time apart.

Two- Oh such a relief to hear from you! I'm glad to hear everything is going well. Almost done with week 26! Congrats! This is just amazing to hear that your lo is still hanging in there and cooking away! :) Keep it up you two !

Yay for still pregnant and well along with your little boy Twordue!

Hoping all are well-I am just stressed dealing with trying to get my mortgage all settled-I just want to hear or read the words: YOU GOT THE LOAN! So that I can just start packing and have my closing date officialized....

Pregnancy wise...good! Wishing my son would give mommy more, harder kicks like I used to get....I miss them! Must be lacking the feeling due to the change of position...he is so low now!

And wow can't believe baby showers are coming up already! Mine is being done later than usual due to my moving end of this month/beg of april...so my shower won't be until end of april!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->