Summer Sensations! (due May/June 2013)

My shower won't be until late April/early May too. We had our first childbirth class this weekend. Learned about relaxing breathing and how to manage the (long) non-active part of labor. They told us there that 37 weeks is full term too. Seems like it'll be here before we know it.

yeah im hoping for May 11th to be my baby shower:) when are you due?:)

I'm due June 2 but we only have 2 available Saturdays for the shower. Hoping if we end up with the May date we'll have enough time to get the things we still need after the shower.

Same here i dont want to do it to late and stress about buying a whole bunch of stuff i didn't get. Oh im due June 18 with a baby girl :) congratulations!:)

So good to hear from you Two!! Delighted to hear that your little man is still proving those doctors wrong! :D

Two so glad you and your lo are still doing well!

Almost, this is the hardest part of getting a home. I home it all works out soon, but try not to stress, it will all fall into place.

My shower is on April 6th. Can't wait! I'm just having it at home. Kind of surprised by the amount of people that said they are coming. Didn't expect that at all.

All looking good at hospital apt today. Consultant was very happy with baby's movement and size. He said the placenta is perfectly safe and the fluid around the baby looks good. Back to work tomor :)growlmad:!!!!) and no need to take it easy regarding swimming, walking etc so yay!

ooo yay for some of you starting birthing classes already, woohoo!!! We are all getting sooo close to meeting our babies! MY first class is a 2 hour breastfeeding course which dh is hesitant about going to bc he thinks no guys will go, but it said couples in the sign up! so anyway, that is next month, then beg. of may is my birthing class! SO excited for ittt =)

Can't remember when my classes are - sometime in April I think, must check!! Haven't booked my bf class yet - really need to give them a ring...:telephone:

One thing I totally forgot to ask the consultant (I really must start writing stuff down!!!) - just yesterday when I got up from the couch I felt a pain in my pubic bone (or is it pelvic bone?!) Anyway, when I walk it feels a bit like it's bruised (like when you're younger and fall off the saddle of a bike onto the crossbar - ow!!!!) It's not very bad, just a big niggling. Anybody else have that? Any tips? Kicking myself for not asking the dr - I thought of it as I was following him into the room and then of course he did the scan and I forgot all about it til I was back in the car!!:dohh:

I've been putting of registering with the hospital. My midwife told me to do that back in January. I took one look at the amount of paperwork they wanted me to fill out and decided that I'd do it later. Now I just keep forgetting to go back and actually fill it out.

Actually I still don't know where the hospital is :blush:. I've only been to two hospitals around here, the one my sister delivered at and I know I don't want to go there, it's too far and they almost killed here during her c-sect. And the other is downtown Baltimore, I don't want to go there either. So I choose one that has a good reputation and is about 15 mins away. I've just never been there.

Ow ow ow, I have the worst gas right now, like I need to burp. My upper back is KILLING ME! I'm trying to drink some pop (which I never do) to get myself to burp but OOOOW.

Christie - you better get on that! Lots of times you can get the registration paperwork online and mail it in. You could always just google map it, so you have a better idea of where it is without going there? I am going to tour my hospital on the 23rd when we go for that class.

I did my glucose test today. I just had to go in 2 hours after eating for a blood draw. No drink I guess.

Natalie - post us a pic when you get it together :)

Two - so glad you are alright and your baby is still where he needs to be. I agree - I wouldn't listen to the doctors either. I am hoping you make it to 30 weeks and get to go home :)

So happy to hear from you Two. I know you have a strong boy in there and he is going to show them all up!!

Glucose test went well. Wasn't bad at all. I got a fruit punch drink. Should hear by the end of the week if I failed or whatever. Really not worried about it at all. Bump is measuring spot on 27 weeks. HB was 154. Blood pressure was good as well.

Broody - I heard of other girls having what it sounds like you have. They say it feels it like they have been riding a bike all day long.

I'm not going to do Birthing classes as all my mommy friends said they are a waste of time and money and that the nurses will just tell you what to do anyways. Going to do a Breastfeeding, 1st time parents and a Budgeting for Baby classes instead. None of mine start til next month as the hospital wants you to take them during your 3rd tri and they don't exactly offer them but once a month!!

I will! I told Kyle it was going to take everything I have not to set it all up with out him. Apparently he doesn't have much faith in my building skills because he told me I'd need his help anyways. -_- Men, why can't they just accept that women can read directions and CAN INDEED PUT SOMETHING TOGETHER. Sigh

OK, after google mapping it, I now know where the hospital is. You can get to the parking lot from the parking lot of where my mw apts are! Now I just need to remember to print the registration paperwork when I get home.

Have fun Natalie! I let hubby do the crib - and I just helped hold it and stuff. I was so excited to see it in the room!! The dressers were already assembled so that was easy!

I was able to register online Christie. I'd check it out. Maybe they have an online registration form. It was way easier than filling out the forms!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->