Summer Sensations! (due May/June 2013)

I have to agree with you Christie. They should have at least asked and if you didn't care then it would be fine, but seeing how it's his first, and he's your first child, I know that first moment is really special to you. I would let both of them know flat out not to do that anymore and tell them how it makes you feel. If they won't listen start looking into other options. Is there any kind of help or maybe discounted option you could get being a single parent and soon to have two children?

Unfortunately I make too much money to get any help or discounts. Only problem is the adoption and IVF debt has taken up a lot of my expendable cash flow. So now I have to wait for my federal refund, which will refund my adoption expenses, then I can hire my nanny.

Well, I need a blood transfusion and will be going in tomorrow morning to get a liter - pretty nervous. Wish me luck!

christie so sorry sweetie-tell them how you feel and set specifics with that stuff!!

walker-good luck-why do you need the transfusion?

as for my baby drama-my mom expected my best friend to at least help plan my shower with her-however, my friend never called when my mom asked her to. So, long story short-my mom was pissed, my friend finally called offering her help the day before and day of to set up and stuff. My friend said my mom was totally rude to her and now she doesnt even want to go to my shower. I don't know who to be more mad at-I feel like they are both being selfish-this is about my baby boy, not about them-I think they should both be mature and look past their differences-agree to disagree and just both be there at my shower! ugh

Sorry almost. I know that can be hard. Don't be mad at either of them, just tell them both to get over it and be there for you and your son. I'm sure your mom will be there either way, and your friend really should be although I know that can make her uncomfortable. If you want to say something, I would just tell your friend that your mom was upset cause she thought she would be helping more. But if your friend never agreed to that, and your mom only thought that, then your mom shouldn't have been upset in the first place. Either way, I don't think it gives your mom a right to be rude, so I would tell her to apologize. That may spark an apology from your friend for not being more helpful.

Thanks nodoubt I totally agree-its like you spoke my mind! I am just so stressed to be wanting to deal with another stressor right now and i'm still waiting for my mom to mention this as I just heard about the mishap from friend and mom mom hasnt mentioned it!!!

I know what you mean. The more pregnant I get the less I care to worry about anything but my son. I'm usually a worry wart, but things that would normally freak me out or piss me off in just like, "fine what's the alternative" lol. I'm sure it will work out somehow. If nothing else just tell them to ignore each other. I have to be like that with my mom as she thinks her way is the only way and had a tendency to hear what she wants and then 100% believe it. Maybe your friend will ignore it all and ask you what you need from her on the day of the shower. At one of my friends showers a couple years back I couldn't really help out, but the day of I was there and helped by setting up a bit and handing her gifts from everyone then moving the paper and whatnot out of the way to make room for more gifts to be opened. There's still a lot your friend can do.

Nodoubt my mom is the same way!!!!! I actually think she is narsassitic which makes life with her very hard....but I know she really does love me and her grandson to be....

on a brighter note, it's friday! Good morning to all and good luck today walker you will do great!

Good luck walker. Do they think you'll need more transfusions before/when baby is born?

Almost I hope they can work things out so you can have and enjoy a wonderful shower.

Leo is a squash today. Though it's hard to picture him as a round squash. I like the elongated veggies/fruit better, they make more sense to me.

TGIF! And I finally got some sleep last night after two weeks of not being able to sleep. Its a beautiful thing I tell you, lol.

Well I weighed me and my not so little squash this morning. I sure hope he's the one gaining all this weight! I'm pretty sure it's mostly baby since I seem to be all belly and boobs lately, but 30lbs gain is near. I just hope I can keep it under the 35, being that is the top range of what one *should* gain.

That doesn't seem too likely since baby is supposed to be gaining a half pound a week over the next 11 weeks and me at least a pound a week.

Yeah for Squash's!

Christie - In one of my books it said we are only supposed to gain 11 pds in 3rd tri. I don't really see how that is possible with baby doubling/tripling in size! I packed on a 1.5pds this week. I think it was all that yummy cake/baked goods over the weekend at my showers. I'm sure all the yummy WNY foods didn't help either!! :haha:

Thinking of you today Walker!

I'm sure everything will work out Almost. Things always have a way of working themselves out!

Yeah for sleep No doubt!

Would love an update Broody but know you are super busy and have alot going on! Just wanted to let you know that I am thinking of you and Fia!!

Christie, I'm with you. I don't want to go over 25lbs total and I can't believe it's supposed to be another 11lbs or so in third tri. I'm trying to eat sensibly, but sensibly doesn't always fill me and my little man up. I'm finding myself so much hungrier these days. If I make something like spaghetti we're good, but that packs on some lbs doing that regularly. But if I take a bag of veggies to work, that lasts maybe an hour.

Thinking about you too Broody! Whenever you get a chance would love an update, but take care of yourself and that precious bundle!

Being transfused as I type! So far, so good. I may need one more closer to delivery. I needed this one because my hemoglobin went below 8 and the iron supplements I've been on haven't helped. I have beta thalassemia minor, a genetic blood disorder, and apparently transfusions during pregnancy for this are somewhat routine.

Hey girls!! Just logging on very quickly to let you know that Fia is still doing well :) They've upped her milk feeds and are reducing her respiratory help gradually. Right now she is on room air (so no added oxygen) with a little nose mask providing pressure 20 times a minute to remind her. Yesterday it was at 30bpm so she's doing well. They put a long line in her today for meds etc. - it's preferable to a drip for long term use. Today I'm being discharged which will be really strange I'm sure. At least she will still only be about 15mins away so that'll make visiting much easier. I feel so bad for parents who live hours from the hospital... Sorry for lack of personals, have a bit of a one track mind at the moment! Hope you are all well. :hugs:

Nodoubt that's so me! I took a bag of baby carrots to work yesterday and they didn't last all day. I didn't do too bad when I got home though, for dinner I had a sandwich and a banana for desert. My son and I end up sharing a banana at night. He likes a little banana flavor in his cereal so he gets a bite mashed up in his cereal and I get the rest of it.

Broody...beautiful update. So glad to hear that Fia is doing wonderful. She seems to really be doing just about everything on her own which is fantastic! I'm sure it will be strange, but like you said she's right there and you can visit any time. Be sure to still get your rest. Thanks for checking in!

Christie, that's so cute about you and your son sharing a banana. I can't wait for those days! Yeah, fruits and veggies don't do anything anymore. They used to sustain when I wasn't pregnant, but I have a feeling my son will be like his father and want some solid food, lol. He just doesn't understand that mommy is not accustomed to eating so much, lol. And it's so hard seeing how he's taking up most of the room in there!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->