Summer Sensations! (due May/June 2013)

My tiny rascal! (mask on her face because she was under photo therapy lights for a while)

https://i1164.photobucket.com/albums/q571/derialc/8FC6DD8D-0DE5-4AE3-B412-DCF6A1F3470C-1430-000000FD5A0F5047_zps1d1de45d.jpg

Had my glucose test today. Everything went fine - I didn't feel any different or anything other than baby kicking lots. Hopefully that is a good sign! We also met with a pediatrician today. She was nice and the place has good hours but the waiting room was crazy! To be expected with a bunch of little ones I'm sure. Just very different from the visits to the OB :) Not sure if we should also set up to meet with another pediatrician too just to have a comparison. Our other option charges $40 for a prenatal visit that gets applied to copays later (unless we don't choose them, then we'd lose it)

Broody - So adorable! Glad she's progressing well!

Broody I love the picture. She looks like they are trying their best to keep her comfy.

I see I have missed so much.

Congrats on your little lo broody I hope all continues to go well for her and hope you are resting where you can. Very beautiful pic of your lo.

Nother to bad thanks. Yesterday was a month away from home and they were able to fly me back to my home hospital as they can house a baby from 28 weeks on if need be. I get a weekend pass to be home but spend the weeks in hospital as it's a 20 min drive and my OH will be a work.. so good to spend sometime at home even if I can't do anything.
My lo is doing so well to have stayed put for the past few weeks and hopefully he keeps up the good work.

Do any of you lady's get stomach aches from time to time? And is there anything you do that helps it? I have had one all day that won't go no matter what.

How have you all been? The excitement is getting so much more the close to meeting lo, just can't wait.

Have a good weekend lady's

Hats nice that you get to go home one the weekends two, and yay for being back in your home town! I'm sure that makes things a lot easier, especially travel for the hubbs. No stomach ache here, so can't really help you with that. Maybe ask the doc and see what they say. So glad your lo is still hanging in there. Such a strong little guy! Hope things continue to go well.

Broody I just can't get over Fia. Its so amazing that we've been following each others journey since the beginning and seeing her makes it so much more real that we will all be there very soon. I can't wait to see all of these babies! I can't wait for my lo, although I know I have to, lol. If ever a time in my life where I wish I could fast forward through its now!

Two-glad to hear all is well! I get stomach aches from shaving my legs standing up or from lifting too much at work...and it takes forever for it to go away-but its different than the "normal" stomach ache. I think I need to start sitting while shaving and not do it in the shower anymore and take it easy at work even more than I already have been!

Hi pretty fia! nice to see you again! =)

afm, last night and this am I have got hard bumps I could feel in my stomach-can'tfig out of they were braxton hix contractions or just my LO sticking out...hmmm

I keep wondering if I'm having those Braxton hicks too. People say you will know, but I'm not so sure. There's a few different times where I though I was, but like I said couldn't tell. Oh well, as long as I don't start feeling the real thing, lol. I had to get bw done yesterday and a nurse who I haven't seen in a while did it. She was so enthralled with my bump and when we were talking I told her my biggest fear was getting stuck in traffic when I go into labor. Not cause of the labor, but just because I hate traffic. She just laughed at me and said she would have to tell her husband that cause she hates traffic too, lol. I think my fears about the entire laboring process may be a little bit out of order, lol.

I get a stabbing pain in my stomach sometimes, midwife said its normal just because its all cramped up.

No doubt, I was having tightening / contractions for almost two days and didn't know, I just thought it was baby moving and pushing up hard against my stomach and it wasn't till the first night in hospital on the monitor that I realized and became more intense.
It feels like a tight band around your tum and you and see it move up and feels rock hard.

Hmmm, I'll have to pay more attention. My yum feels tight sometimes but I'm never looking at it. It feels harder than other times at some points but I guess I never read into it.

two-can the hard bump stick out in more than one place sometimes? and can it be in dif. parts of the stomach or is it always the same place? I have had exactly that, even painful sometimes-but the hard part of my stomach is always sticking out in a dif place lol

I'm carrying low so it is hard from just above my belly button down and I get a hard lump that is lo's bum or something, it's like a very thin software outer layer and solid underneath and you can feel it tightening like it's lightly pulsing up.sometimes I find them very intense and sometime there bearly felt. BH should not hurt. Do you mean cramping hurt?

In my class they said you'd be able to tell because your tummy would be as hard as your forehead during one. I can't verify that though since I don't think I've been having any but just something we were told. They also said you'd know if it was BH or a real contraction because changing position or moving around normally makes BH stop and contractions will just continue on a consistent basis.

I didn't even know that what I was having was tightening and by the first night in hospital they were a min apart, the midwife did say that first time mums can sometimes take awhile to realise. I use to be a bigger person so my stomach is smushy (ekk) and I think that is why I have a very fine softness on top and solid rock underneath when getting them

I'm fairly sure I had BH for a good few weeks - maybe from about 24weeks on? They didn't hurt at all, my whole bump just tightened up and felt hard all over...

Down in the neo now and just met with the dr doing the rounds. All is good. Increasing her milk feeds again tonight. Right now she's sound asleep and looking very cosy :D

When it happens to me, if it's happening, it feel more like what two is describing.

Is anyone getting pressure down low? Sometimes when I get oft the couch or out of bed its a lot of pressure, almost like cramping in my lower abdomen. Only last seconds, but long enough. I feel like Virtue gets snuggled in the I move which makes him move and his weight is lifting off my lady bits.

Broody, Fia sounds to be wonderfully. Have they given an estimate on when they think you'll be able to take her home? I know it won't be for a while, but hopefully shell keep progressing and it won't be ad long as anticipated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->