Summer Sensations! (due May/June 2013)

If you call your OB about it they will ask you how much there is, if it has an odor, if it is clear and one other thing I can't remember. I guess amniotic fluid is colorless and odorless.
I get clear discharge sometimes, so it could be nothing. I would only worry if it is a lot.

I just looked it up - it's
Color of liguid
Odor of liquid
Amount of liquid
Time of rupture
So, just remember COAT. I guess that is what they will ask you. It could just be urine though because I noticed that I have a lot of pressure on my bladder and have to pee all of the time and it is sometimes just a few drops. Plus when you are drinking so much water your urine is watered down.

I've had leaky wetness pretty much the entire pregnancy. I've always assumed very watery and abundance of CM. Though sometimes I do know it's urine, like recently when sneezing or coughing. I just hope I'll recognize if its ever amniotic fluid.

My son has now slept through the night twice this week, that's only like the 3rd or 4th time he's done that. I'm hoping that means he's going to start making that a regular occurrence. That will be nice if he starts sleeping through the night so I don't have to get up with both of them in a few weeks.

Had my shower today and I had a lot of fun! Got some really nice stuff, some of it off the registry which is nice. Totally wasn't expecting it, but one of my coworkers all by herself...well, and her husband got me the highchair I wanted off the registry. That's $150. Most people don't spend that kind of money of someone unless they're going in on it, but I thought that was so sweet of her.

Now I have an ache in my belly. Feels like stretching/tearing when I'm standing or moving, but I feel it more when bending over. I'm a little freaked, but Virtue is still moving around in there. I will check him on the doppler before I go to bed. But I have a doctor appt first thing Monday morning for an u/s so I ask them to look specifically at that area just to make sure. I'm sure it's just more stretching, but it just feels differently and it's in a different spot. I take solice in the fact that it's moreso when I bending, but to be honest, not really sure that's a good thing.

Thanks ladies! I have a feeling it was just super watery discharge since I did not cough or sneeze for me to pee-although maybe it could have been that! I will try the smell test if it happens again as gross as it sounds....I learned that the fluid sometimes has a sweet smell...

nodoubt-that was very nice of your co-worker!! Glad you enjoyed your shower =) I wanted my co-workers to go to my shower, but my boss mentioned how it isnt professional to be facebook friends and hang out with coworkers----although I dont see whats wrong with that to a certain extent...so they were not invited to be safe...lol

afm I packed my hospital bag-almost done with putting everything in! My mom bought me two nursing bras which I threw in there, along with a robe and cozy nighty. I also packed toothpaste, deoderant, hairbrush, comb-comb for dh lol, We need to add some snacks, lollypops, and camera! Getting sooo close-so excited. Monday is my breastfeeding class-once I finish that-I can order my free breast pump woohoo!!

I've had some moments when Leo is stretching that I swear he's ripping something inside. We are both getting really uncomfy over here. Not too much longer though (I hope).

I ended up doing a lot of walking today at the mall. I took my car in to get new breaks and they took over 2.5 hours. I was and am so sore after all that walking.

That makes me feel a bit better. Coughing makes it worse. Hoping that once he's finished doing whatever he's doing in the it stops.

Good day everyone! Everyone still hanging in there? I'm still store from Saturday's stroll around the mall. I feel like my entire groin region is bruised. I wonder if this will be the norm until D-day. Some times I literally limp around and have to take a second when I stand up.

Leo is definitely doing some growing. I'm beginning to get that beached whale feeling. I've got my chair at work at a large incline so I can recline all day.

Ah yes...the beaches whale feeling, lol. Hope your lady bits start to feel a bit better, though I have a feeling that may be the norm. Virtue always has to do some repositioning when I stand. There's always so much pressure for the first few mins of walking.

Had an u/s this morning. It was really to check the fibroid, but I of course got to see my munchkin! They gave a shot of his face full on and he looks like a little alien in there, lol...so cute though in my mind. He's still a him. And this time I got to see his man parts for myself! Everything looks good though. She said he weighs about 4lbs 6oz which is the 86th percentile. Then she went on to say "that's large", so looks like I'm gonna have a little fat baby like I wanted, lol!

One of the guys at work had a 6lb 6oz baby a week and half ago, she was 3 weeks early due to pre-e and another one had a 10lb 2oz baby this weekend. Such a difference. I'm hoping Leo doesn't make it to 10lbs before delivery. I love fat lil babies, but pushing one that size out does not sound pleasant.

With my belly size lately though I'm beginning to think I will have closer to a 10lb baby than a 6lb one.

Oh, gosh I couldn't even fathom a 10lb baby. Most places won't even let you have a baby vaginally when they're 10lbs and over. I'm thinking somewhere in the 8lb range for my little guy. We were both in the 8lb range. But I also read somewhere around week 37 I believe they slow down, so just a few more weeks of the steady gain, then it's just a few ounces a week if even that.

My friend just had a baby around Christmas and she was over 10lbs. She was in labor for 18hrs before they had to section her. I was 8lbs and my sister was 10lbs, but dh was only 4.5 as he was premature. I really hope I don't have to push out a 10lb baby either. I am getting more nervouse the closer it gets. I am totally feeling huge and tired now. Have not been walking in a while - still keeping up with the water fit as that doesn't make my feet or back hurt at all.

HI ladies! Miss y'all. Things have been so busy for me lately and will continue now til the baby is born! Our weekends are all jammed packed full of stuff to do!!

I was 7pds exactly and hubby was 8.2lbs. So I am hoping for baby boy to be in the middle around 7.5 pds!!

I was 6 lbs 11 oz - I could handle that, I think!

In that vein, I'm starting to feel nervous about labor today. I want a natural, drug-free childbirth and I've been planning on "finding my zen," so I tell people . . . but the closer it gets, the more I'm scared that I'm going to lose my head and whine and cry and annoy people and embarrass myself. I want to be a strong woman! I don't know how I deal with pain, really . . .

I also started researching ways to avoid tearing (perineal massage, squats, kegels, etc.). The research just made me more nervous about episiotomies!

Walker I'm sure you can do it, but if you need the drugs take them. Go as long as you can, but if it's just too much there's nothing wrong with doing what you have to. That's my plan...I'll go as long as I can but if it just gets to be too much I want the epi. I was reading about episiotomies and they said those take longer to heal than normal tearing so I'm so gonna tell them to leave me be.

I've gotten a little nervous about delivery and honestly I'm too afraid to look into it cause I'm the type of person that will freak myself out overthinking it. A friend strongly recommended child birthing classes so that I could know what to expect and get some breathing techniques down and she said hubbs should really be there too, but I think I'll just read a book or look it up online. I don't want someone telling me how horrible it's gonna be or how painful or how strong the contractions will be. I'd rather let them happen and then let myself gauge how bad it is. I think I have a pretty high pain tolerance so I'm hoping as bad it will be, it still won't feel agonizing to me. I've dealt with the fact that pushing a human out of small whole is gonna be horrendous no matter how you slice it so I'm as prepared for that as I can be. But everything leading up to...I'll just read up on some breathing techniques and whatnot. I'm the kind of person where when I'm in pain, just let me be and I'm fine when it passes.

I plan on going as long as possible without meds, but I'm afraid of the pain when ripping, which I"m convinced I'm going to do.

Much less sore today, so while I didn't get much sleep (too warm in my house) I do feel pretty good today. Weighed myself this morning. We've gained A LOT of weight in a week....oops. I guess I should lay off the pasta and bread again.

I just read that this week (32) will be their peak movement week. I think last week was ours though, he's not as active this week. He's probably run out of room. I also read that since they should be head down by now, when they kick, they might get a foot caught in our ribs. Owie!

Didn't know that, but it's good to know so we're not freaking out thinking something is wrong cause they're not moving around much. On the u/s yesterday my poor baby looked all scrunched up in there. I felt so bad. But everyone keeps saying he likes it like that...all nice and cozy to him.

Glad you're feeling a bit better today Christie!

Has anyone heard anything from Jess laterly? Isn't she supposed to have her baby mid month this month?

hi ladies! glad to see everyone is doing pretty well aside from the normal discomforts of pregnancy-beached whale lol I am getting there soon I am sure!

Had my breast feeding class which is making me start to get nervous as it means I am only one more class (birthing class) away until my due date and the class just really got me nervous about birthing since it made my pregnancy feel that much more real...like this is it, I could go into labor in the next month and a half or so.

I really want an all natural birth, but with my history of panic attacks/seizures...I think keeping my options open the day/night of birth are important.

oh and as far as weight....hmmm I have a feeling I am going to have a 8 pounder LOL I was only 4 lbs and came 2 weeks early, and dh was around high 7's, low 8's we believe (he is from brazil and the weight is in kilos so we are not the best translators haha)

Leo is bound and determined to test the strength of my bladder this morning. I've had to ask him to quit whatever it is he was doing a few times this morning.

We jumped right into Summer this week. I've now realized that I have no work appropriate clothes to wear for this type of weather. I need to evaluate my wardrobe and see if maybe I have a skirt I can pair with maternity shirt. Pants are making me sweat in this heat.

I am having similar issues christie! All I have is my mat jeans I can roll up above my ankle and some loose khaki pants that turn into long capris....and I have another month and a half of work!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->