Summer Sensations! (due May/June 2013)

Christie - we have just got the cold weather this week and am finding I have a couple of warmish tops for the cold snap.

Yay 32 weeks and this little guy I think is in know hurry to budge and I am surprised with all the poking I have been doing on top of Eventing lol.

My mum has Bern great, she lives in England and me in new Zealand and that has not stopped her from buy and spoiling this guy rotten. A Moses basket, a winnie the Pooh beer to big for the cot, cot set and more. I just can't wait till it all gets here.
Wish she could post herself for a week or two to help out as I don't have anyone that can but then she may steal him and take him home: )

Ugh I can't stand this heat wave either! I'm sweating all the time and it is gross. I swear I want to live in the shower :)

have to whine...I got a stomach bug all day today-the one day I take off from work to close on the house---was still an exciting day aside from feeling sick all day-but feel overwhlemed as our house needs lots of paint and a rug ripped up and floors finished before we can move in.....oy vey!

Two, I could totally see your mum wrapping up LO and taking him home. My parents take my nieces for a few weeks year, they live closer though than your mom does to you.

Almost, so exciting about closing, but wow a lot of work left. Do you guys plan on having it all ready and moved in before LO gets here?

Is anyone else having issues breathing? I feel like I'm not getting enough oxygen and that if I don't consciously make an effort to breath more deeply, that I'll pass out. Seems like a stronger issue after I eat and when I'm sitting. I know we are supposed to have shortness of breath with baby getting so big, but this seems beyond that and I'm hoping it's not a precursor to pre-e. I haven't noticed any swelling, but when I get these bouts I can also feel a numbness wanting to come to my fingers.

Christie-if you are concerned-which it sounds like you may be, just give your doc. a quick call to ease your mind and to make sure all is a ok!

We have someone coming in today to look at the floors and DH and my father are moving all babys furniture in babys room today and they are painting the office/future play room lol. We have to be moved out of our condo by april 28th, so yes, we plan on having the house ready before our son arrives!!! =) We can move in an continue fixing the house up later on-I want to put all new updated doors in rather than leaving the hollow old wooden ones-and the house needs new light fixtures-but this can wait! =)

Hope all are feeling well-I feel SO much better now that my food poisoning or stomach bug has passed. Off to work then a 3 day weekend yay!

Almost glad you are feeling better! And yay about closing..what an exciting time! And you have a wonderful excuse to get out of the work, lol.

Christie, I feel like that. I don't get the numb fingers, but breathing is a bit tricky at times. I find it to be worse when standing for long period of time...like I have to consciously take a deep breath every sentence.

Anyone feel like your stretching under the skin, or maybe on the underside of your skin? It's that same stretching feeling I was having. Still not as bad as it was and it really only happens when I've been doing too much, like walking or on my feet too much, but it's started itching at times which leads me to believe that the underside of my skin is stretching now. Who knew that was even possible? I don't feel it when I'm resting...sitting/laying down, unless I move in a way that may strain it, like bending over.

Only last week did I have some internal stretching feeling. I haven't felt to much stretching sensations lately. I did get the itchy feeling last week. This week, I just feel big and like Leo is totally out of room. And at times sore from his movement and stretching.

That makes me feel better. It's just lasting longer than I anticipated. It's been a week now. And the fact that it's starting to itch only makes me want it to stop that much more.

my tummy needs a quick scratch here and there from stretching and it feels like pulling/achy/heaviness right under my chest like it just wants to fall off LOL.

hope everyone has a lovely weekend! i am off to the house to finish the nursery-it looks SO good already-so excited

So I did some researching about my belling stretching and almost feel like it's tearing and apparently that the muscles tearing apart...sounds fab! Apparently it's quite common around this time in pregnancy and there's really nothing to do about it. Not to mention it can go on for a few weeks. Blah, but at least I don't feel it all the time, just every now and then.

OAN note today I'm gonna wash Virtue's clothes and pack my overnight bag.

Aghg! I had to take my car in to the shop today and it's less than 3 miles from my house so I decided it was a nice day for a walk. Boy am I paying for that now! I'm about to give up walking until after LO gets here. I can't carry my son in his carseat right now I feel like I"m going to collapse. I felt fine while I was walking but once I stopped then moving again hurts and forget getting up after sitting.

And I still have to go interview a sitter in an hour. Baby is fussy, I'm in pain, should be *fun*. I want to sit on a bag of frozen veggies right now to numb things.

no fun nodoubt-i have super red/scarring/stretchmark like skin from my belly button peircing due to stretching. I cant stand to look at it-its the space between the two holes-ick-I am so worried it will tear.

two-the gifts from your mother sound lovely! =)

I will be posting photos of my nursery soon-it is just about finished and I am madly in love with it! <3

How did you make out Christie? Take a bath with some epsom salts - that might help. If I tried to walk 3 miles right now my feet would be swollen up to my knees and that is without carrying anyting!

Can't wait to see it almost!

I am putting my carseat in my car today. My friends are throwing me a diaper party at the end of the month because I didn't want a shower. I fel like I am forgetting something I need to do still and can't figure what?

Can't wait to see the room almost!

MissA I think we'll always feel like we are forgetting something. I feel that way sometimes which is why I look at my registry everyday do see if there's anything I need to add before we go get the rest of everything.

So i got a little worried cause last night I was laying on my side and couldn't get comfortable cause the middle of the couch was in my rib. I kept moving and at one point Virtue kicked really hard. So this morning when I woke up he wasn't really moving for maybe 4 hours. I checked him on the Doppler and his heart rate was fine...same as it always is. I was just worried I'd hurt him laying on that hard part of the couch. He seems to he waking up now so maybe he's just been resting this morning.

Though I was sore for the rest of the day yesterday and getting up to pee last night was painful, I feel much better this morning.

I made it to the daycare yesterday and my son seemed to like the lady. She seems like a good fit and will save spots for my babies if I give her a down payment now, even though it will still be a few months before we start using her.

I picked up Leo's crib yesterday, now I just need to find the time and energy to put it together. I tried to pick up his bassinet today, but the style I wanted wasn't in stock and I can't spend a lot of time shopping around right now since my son is teething. He's a bit cranky and would rather be comfy at home then out and about.

My back and ribs have been pain free all weekend! Yay!

However, is it too much to ask for my husband to make ME dinner once in awhile? I swear, I'm not a @'$& restaurant. He used to make dinner more often but lately we've gotten into the habit of me cooking (don't get me wrong, he does more than his fair share of housework anyway), and pregnancy didn't change it. Tonight I asked him to come "help make dinner" and he unloaded and loaded the dishwasher. Which was nice, but then he went back to the basement to play guitar and asked me to flick the lights when dinner was ready. Are you kidding me? For once I just want to be the one who can do what I want and then have hot food magically appear in front of me. God damn it. I'm pregnant!

Oh these hormones are a trip and a half . . .

Walker - yay for being pain free -, I don't think it would be too much to ask at all for a hot meal once in a while, while you put your feet up and work on growing a healthy LO.

I got the crib assembled yesterday, still need a mattress though. My son didn't sleep well last night so I'm am not functioning fully this morning. It's going to be a busy week. I hope to be able to pick my car up today from the deal, if they get the parts to fix it. Then I have my MW apt tomorrow and I need to get my car's emissions inspected, I just noticed it is overdue. I thought I had until this week. My sister is running a 10k Saturday and I'd like to go support her.

Then I have a birthday party to go to on Sunday, that I haven't bought a present for yet. It's for a one year old and they are having it at a horse barn. I don't understand why have a one year olds birthday at a barn. I should probably bring a chair just in case there isn't seating, I'm not standing for hours.

The last party I went to in a barn there was no seating, so I would say that is a good idea. Who feels like eating in a barn where it smells like poop? Weird.

MissA I didn't even think about eating where it smells, but yeah, ewww. I was concerned about having a bunch of kids, who don't listen well yet, running around among horses and the possibility of them getting stepped on or worse.

Horse people just love horses and don't get that not everyone is that into them. The horses should be in separate stalls, so unless the kids get into the stalls they should be okay, but I still see how it could still be dangerous. My aunt rode horses her whole life and a horse kicked her and broke her leg in three places last year. But yeah, the one I went to had a table of food set out in the barn and it did smell(the barn). At least it was before fly season began.
That's a lot of the reason that we don't have big parties in our yard because we have big dogs and know that not everybody likes dogs and would rather not lock up our dogs all day to feed and entertain a bunch of people. Then again...we might be slightly antisocial...lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->