Summer Sensations! (due May/June 2013)

I was really shocked to find out that I went from being 0 cm dilated and only thinning slightly to 3 cm and 50% in one week. Though I also figured I had made progress with all of the menstrual cramps, back aches and cervix pains. Lo is also moving his feet more around my belly button and lower than he was even a few days ago.

Oh yea I had that last week D: It was weird, really quick though didn't take long. Mine came back Negative thankfully. I was really hoping that it wouldn't come back positive because I'm going to avoid having an IV the whole time if I can and try to stay hydrated by just drinking water.

Yes, it was quick. Didn't even need to get into the stirrups, a quick swipe around the outside of both ends down there and done.

wow nat-very exciting news! Do you think you will meet your baby next week?!

Has anyone else been having cramping and muscle aches? I have on and off and am wondering if I will 2 or 3 weeks go early! My cervical checks start tomorrow I am pretty sure-after my Ultra Sound tomorrow! Yes, another one. They now want to check babies amniotic fluid-my us 2 weeks ago was fine with measurements and amniotic fluid so not sure why I am having another-but best to be safe than sorry!

Sorry I have not been on much lately-very stressed-lots of crying and being emotional-so much to unpack still and cleaning around the house needs to be done. On top of all that-I just was asked by my boss to become a lead infant/toddler teacher on top of my lead preschool teacher cert-so I may have to take a college course June 2nd....talk about BAD BAD timing and stress....

I don't know, DH's mom (nurse) Is telling me she thinks I will go sometime this week, but of course that all depends on what LO and my body wants to do. Its starting to feel like it will be soon though. Contracting as we speak but nothing consistent just some cervix pressure.

VERY exciting-keep us updated!!! =) I am off to work then my US and 36 week prenatal apt-nervous-hope baby has plenty of amniotic fluid!

Almost, I hope you find time to de-stress and relax soon. I find it odd that your boss would request such from you right now. Is the course only offered once a year? Does your boss realize that you could still be in the hospital on June 2nd (depending on how delivery goes)?

I agree with Christie about the request Almost. Is this something that you want to do? Or do you feel more like it's being forced on you? I hope you get to relax soon too.

I'm starting to have a million dreams about labor and delivery, which means my labor won't be anything like my dreams, lol. It always works out that way. And my insomnia is coming back. Guess I'm just starting to get restless in this final stage of pregnancy.

I just woke up and went to the bathroom and wiped away a lot of bloody mucusy stuff.

It's been decided that I will have to birth at the hospital (with a midwife, at least). Disappointed today - virtual hugs appreciated!

I'm sorry walker. Virtual hug! Hopefully you'll at least be able to have things your way while there, especially with the help with of tour midwife.

I hope so, I woke up and wiped away tons of it. I instantly went to my dryer and pried out the clothes that I wanted in my hospital bag because I keep taking them out since I packed my favorite comfy clothes. I am calling the clinic just in case to see what they think.

I defiantly understand the disappointment Walker :/ I so badly wanted a home birth but I live to far out from the hospital if anything happens and everyone kept telling me how it was a bad idea so no other plan got made :/

Nat, I just noticed you're a watermelon. When did that happen? Week 36 or 37?

Appt went well. Belly is measuring perfectly she said, hb sounds good, everything was good. She said I was asking all the right questions and was doing a really good job. She said I have a perfect belly, lol. Appts every week now, strep b test next week. She said he's still not engaged, but still head down so everything is still good!

Went for a walk with Knubia...finally...and OMG had some aches and pains, lol. But I'm sitting down now and I feel a million percent fine. Just gotta get used to it again, but I'm also hoping that this means the walking will help.

Asked the doc if I am late...God forbid...that I had a concern about him passing his bowels. She said that babies only do that when they are in distress and can't get enough oxygen. She said the rectum relaxes and that's when the bowels release. So even if I'm late, as long as he's fine, that shouldn't happen. But she did say that if I go to 41 weeks they will monitor me every couple days with a stress test.

I also asked about depends after labor. And she said they are a great idea and that the best are the perfume free, soft cotton. So I'll be doing those instead of taking my undies and wearing a huge bulky uncomfortable pad. She said they feel good to the touch and should irritate anything which obviously is easy after having a baby.

Nat any updates? Did you call the doc...what did they say?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->